Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• Only 4.5 in the wild card and they passed KC yesterday.
  • Meant to post this earlier but the Jays are the free game of the day on MLB.tv

Going for cloud nine tonight.
  • Jays win! Jays Win! Jays Win! 9 in a row... Munenori Kawasaki a hero..
  • As soon as the game ended, couldn't wait for the next one to begin. Cloud nine achieved, on to Zen ten.

Entire division now at .500 or better.
  • There's your zen 10! Sky's the limit..
  • Team record is 11

We just dragged our ass out of last place too.
  • Bonafacio slap bunts to first. Steals second. Kawasaki bunts him to third. Melky sac flies him home then Jack Morris says "well I'm not real sure there's a lot of fans that really enjoy that kind of run production"

Shut up Jack. What a fucking stupid thing to say. As if us fans only want to see grand slam type RBIs and that we don't enjoy seeing our team making a real effort to try and win anyway that they can. Idiot.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    Bonafacio slap bunts to first. Steals second. Kawasaki bunts him to third. Melky sac flies him home then Jack Morris says "well I'm not real sure there's a lot of fans that really enjoy that kind of run production"

Shut up Jack. What a fucking stupid thing to say. As if us fans only want to see grand slam type RBIs and that we don't enjoy seeing our team making a real effort to try and win anyway that they can. Idiot.

A lot of fans have bought into sabermetrics theory's of walks and home runs.

I don't care how the runs are scored, as long as they cross that plate!
  • Noah Syndergaard was dealt to the Mets for John Buck and Travis Snider.

So close, Buck, so close.
  • moose wrote: »
    Team record is 11

We just dragged our ass out of last place too.

And Monday we set a new team record.
  • Foxrod wrote: »
    Whatslosing.jpg

Great. Did you make it or find it somewhere?

From DJF

Xph2IWG.gif
  • Buddy emailed to me....cool GIF

go_blue_jays-4101.gif
  • They lost tonight though. :(
  • Off the bandwagon now.....

GO RAYS GO!!! :D
  • Time to start the next win streak.
  • Sayonara
  • The win streak stands at 1. :D
  • Holy crap....it's Wang vs Fister tonight!

In other news, I'm ridiculously immature.
  • Turned it on in the 3rd and it's 6-6. :D
  • And I thought poker players were supposed to have keen powers of observation...

moose-albums-temp-crap-picture209-img-00000146.jpg
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Holy crap....it's Wang vs Fister tonight!

In other news, I'm ridiculously immature.

Wang has new ass tomorrow (dfa'd)
    And I thought poker players were supposed to have keen powers of observation...

moose-albums-temp-crap-picture209-img-00000146.jpg

That's awesome!!!

Note that is the Mrs. is on her left and the elbow on her right is Mario. She didn't want to sit beside me :(
  • Yeah I'm like, hey I've seen that kid somewhere. That's Johnnie's kid and there is his wife. My wife looked at the sleeve, and said that can't be JohnnieH, he would be wearing red. I said you were probably in the beer line at the time. Then I went to facebook and found Ron's picture and confirmed it.
    Yeah I'm like, hey I've seen that kid somewhere. That's Johnnie's kid and there is his wife. My wife looked at the sleeve, and said that can't be JohnnieH, he would be wearing red. I said you were probably in the beer line at the time. Then I went to facebook and found Ron's picture and confirmed it.

Like I said, J-bug choose to sit beside Mario (whom she adores) and I got bumped down closer to Mr and Mrs Hobbes.

And no, I wasn't in the beer line because:

a) I don't drink at RC anymore, it's just to expensive for shitty beer

b) Wes got us seat in the non-drinking section. This made for a very pleasant day.

Tell Fran that I was wearing red :D
  • No wonder this guy is 13-0. I couldn't hit against those freaky eyes either.

911479.jpg
  • Crazy eyes like a bitch! Fuck, is that real?

Anyways, I'm off the Jays bandwagon for a while. Keep my seat warm though.
  • Last place Jays score three at ASG.

Bautista, EE and Cecil

Delabar up on last man fan vote:

2013 All-Star Game Final Vote | MLB.com: Events
  • I am very happy Brett Cecil made the team, I am a big fan of this guy for lots of reasons. His accomplishment this year are truly amazing facing 43 batters without giving up a hit, fantastic! But really the story of this team is AA selling the farm for a bunch of players that Florida couldn't wait to unload. And an average RA who is average at best with one fluke year and he wins the CY young.

This team will be know where near the playoffs when things are said and done, you have to build a team from within and then strike with a couple of free agents or trades. Overall team success comes from within.

This team needs a catcher, someone who can turn the double play at two. And a third baseman. And Lawrie is NOT THE ANSWER even when healthy. He is to hot headed.

The watch for the Jays this year is to see whether or not they can catch Tampa Bay because that is the only race they are in.
  • If they hadn't traded for 4 starters - Rogers, Dickey, Johnson, and Buerhle, considering they have already used 13 different starters, 14 by tomorrow - exactly who would they have used instead? Surely you don't believe that the A ball pitchers they traded away would be starting?

You have to be joking if you think they are where they are because of the players they traded away. The trades may not have worked out but they certainly did not make the team worse.

Arencibia sucks so losing darnaud certainly hurts but he has a broken foot so he wouldn't be with the big club anyways. Dickey at 8.5m a year is still a huge bargain. Any other #1 or even #2 would have started at 15m minimum IF AA could have gotten a FA to sign, which I doubt. Even the qualifying offer to Johnson at the end of the year is on the order of 11.5m.

The entire FLA trade I would do in a second just to get Reyes. FLA got the equivalent of a bag of balls back. The fact that Buerhle is still Buerhle is a bonus and rest were throw-ins with upside that unfortunately have shit the bed.

Prospects are just prospects. AA held on to Gose because he was the closest to the majors and yet he has been lost in space this year at Buffalo.

All our best parts will still be under contract next year and the shitty parts will be gone. Yes things didn't go great this year but the key players are all under contract for the next three years. By that time all our pitchers out with surgery will be available to play or trade and new hotshot prospects will be coming down the pipeline. The fact that this was all achieved without giving up any of our key major league roster players was a stroke of brilliance by AA