Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• If he makes it into the HoF he will have the highest era of any member. They explain his high era as because he always pitched to the score as in he would always prefer to pitch a cg and win 6-5 than leave a game after 7 up 5-1.
  • Aaah, I see. Yep, that's true. lol

When I think of Morris I remember the 10 inning shutout of Atlanta when he was with the Twins.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Aaah, I see. Yep, that's true. lol

When I think of Morris I remember the 10 inning shutout of Atlanta when he was with the Twins.

Yeah that was a great game.

I was at this game. Awesome pitching duel.

June 11, 1992 Boston Red Sox at Toronto Blue Jays Play by Play and Box Score - Baseball-Reference.com
  • Windows...apparently gone and now you can walk right through there from 2nd level.

Rogers4BIG.JPG
  • The Canadian lost because they found out he planned to remove all the Cardinals...............and replace them with Blue Jays.
  • Former Jay, Vernon Wells, to be traded from Angels to Yankees.

and he still has 2 years left on his original Jays contract.

Y! SPORTS
  • And if he is healthy, he could kill it for the Yankees. If memories serve me correct, he always seem to hit well at Yankee Stadium. But they still need pitching.
  • He fits well with the Yankees - another one to add to their collection of overpaid, underperforming and on their last major league contract players.
  • Lawrie will start the season on the DL :(

Cool pic of the non-Windows from Drunk Jays Fans:

903025_10151519830724161_575649651_o.jpg
  • Looks like Happ Starting the season up top. Romero optioned down.

Glad to see that Spring training still means you can win your job.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Looks like Happ Starting the season up top. Romero optioned down.

Glad to see that Spring training still means you can win your job.

With Romero's performance last season and the huge investment they made into winning now I don't see how they could have decided any differently. I really believe the posturing for spring training was just that to keep him from totally losing all confidence and to keep Happ on his toes...I think the decision was made long ago.
  • Opening day starter to A ball in less than a year.

ScreamingRomer-woe.jpg
  • Just booked a pretty sick road trip.

Leaving June 1st to San Diego, then to San Francisco, should catch 2-3 Jays games on their road trip.

Then flying SF to Vegas for Wsop!
  • Opening day: the one day out of the season the rest of the league is still tied with the Jays.
  • moose wrote: »
    Opening day: the one day out of the season the rest of the league is still tied with the Jays.

And from now on the rest of the league is chasing..
  • compuease wrote: »
    And from now on the rest of the division is chasing..

Edited for realism.
  • Only took the 1st inning before Sportsnet made a mistake with the graphics, forgetting to show the runner on 2nd base in the 1st half and the 2nd half of the inning before Bucko made his first error - calling Reyes 30 years old. WTF?
  • compuease wrote: »
    And from now on the Jays are chasing the rest of the division..

Edited for reality.

Should have pulled Dickey after the 2nd. You could tell he didn't have it. Knuckleballers either have it or they don't. You gotta be quick with the hook.
    Edited for reality.

Should have pulled Dickey after the 2nd. You could tell he didn't have it. Knuckleballers either have it or they don't. You gotta be quick with the hook.

yup. Soon as I started to see them get his ball in the air, I knew it was not going to be fun. :(
  • Arencebia proving the truth about catching the knuckleball. Like Uecker used to say, catching it is easy . . . you just wait for it to stop rolling, and then you pick it up and throw it back to the pitcher.
  • New Jays record for passed balls and that doesn't count the ones missed with no one on base. We'll see Blanco in there next.
  • moose wrote: »
    Only took the 1st inning before Sportsnet made a mistake with the graphics,

Also seen when Swisher was up, they had someone else's name and stats on the screen.
  • Please retire Buck, you are so fucking useless you don't even know what inning you are in "one out in the bottom of the 9th" in the 10th inning you dumb fuck, nevermind what season "Escobar on first". Honestly what keeps Tabler from laughing in your face? Do you give him part of your salary every time he touches your shoulder to let you know you fucked up once again?
  • Jays bandwagon please exit from the rear in an orderly fashion.

Thank you.
    Jays bandwagon please exit from the rear in an orderly fashion.

Thank you.

Yes, 2 games into 162 game season we are clearly out of the pennant race. We should start trading away our stars to rebuild for next year.
  • But... Tied with the Yankees!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Yes, 2 games into 162 game season we are clearly out of the pennant race. We should start trading away our stars to rebuild for next year.

No, wait at least 10 games then evaluate where we're at. If we go 4-6 then obviously a trade will be needed.