Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• moose wrote: »
    The line: 2 IP, 4 BB, 5 K, 0 ER, every walk was on a 3-2 count though.

Nice. Ours was 2 IP 2 hits (maybe) 1 BB 2 K 1 ER (maybe 2...tough scoring 9 year olds)

Took a pic of the opening day starters first pitch...

Attachment not found.

He loved it. Can't wait to play again tonight.
  • Nice. Ours was 2 IP 2 hits (maybe) 1 BB 2 K 1 ER (maybe 2...tough scoring 9 year olds)

Took a pic of the opening day starters first pitch...

Attachment not found.

He loved it. Can't wait to play again tonight.

Cherish these days. I know you will. It is something I always thought I would pass on to a son. God has other ideas for me.
  • You should coach in Korea.
  • moose wrote: »
    You should coach in Korea.

One of the kids in my class loves baseball, even more so than soccer. I told him I could be his coach this year and he could be my translator. He is already playing the game like an Ichiro in PE class, unlike a girl in my class who is always going for the bomb and is disappointed when she has to settle for a double instead.

Maybe next year. I think it would be fun.

The Jays games start at 8:07 am. We usually watch about 20 minutes a day.
  • Sportsnet runs out of stats.

ChadJenkinsStarting.jpg
  • RIP Epy Guerrero . . . and thank you for your contributions to the Club throughout the years. Probably the biggest single cog in the development of the Jays into a contender. Just think of the players he brought our way, or who came here because of the relationships he developed.
  • 52 games ... 12 wins by the starters over 162 game schedule that works out to 37 wins ... yikes Houston we have a problem
  • Report: MLB to seek suspension for players tied to Miami Clinic. Wonder if any Jays will be on the list. Last time Zaun from the Jays was on the Mitchel report and made out ok getting a job with sportsnet. maybe A-Rod will get a contract with YES network.

Players Under Scrutiny
    Major League Baseball will seek to suspend about 20 players connected to Biogenesis, OTL has learned. Among the players who might ultimately face discipline:

Player Team
    Ryan Braun Brewers
    Everth Cabrera Padres
    Melky Cabrera Blue Jays
    Francisco Cervelli Yankees
    Bartolo Colon Athletics
    Nelson Cruz Rangers
    Fautino de los Santos Free agent
    Gio Gonzalez* Nationals
    Yasmani Grandal Padres
    Fernando Martinez Astros
    Jesus Montero Mariners
    Jordan Norberto Free agent
    Jhonny Peralta Tigers
    Cesar Puello** Mets
    Alex Rodriguez Yankees
    * Sources told ESPN that Gonzalez received only legal substances ** minor leaguer, not a member of the MLB Players Association
  • Does a win in 18 count double?

At the Jays game tomorrow, which sucks because my kid's ball team is in the final of their tournament at 12:30. Btw my kid pitched relief better than mcgowan today, 2/3 IP, 0 w, 0 er

Sweep!

Also Blanco finally gone. Should see Thole tomorrow after today's marathon. Maybe he'll get a walk.

And....

Sweep!
  • Guess Johnson will be pitching a complete game on Sunday

Over/Under on combined runs : 20.5 :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Guess Johnson will be pitching a complete game on Sunday

Over/Under on combined runs : 20.5 :D

I say EE walks the parrot twice.

Sweep!
  • In case you were wondering why Bautista's game tying home run was voiced over by Howarth on the sportsnet highlights instead of good ol' Buck - well you guessed it - he completely blew the call again.

Bautista's game-tying homer Video | MLB.com Multimedia

Then he got totally confused in the bottom of the ninth, when he called Davis - Rasmus, then he realized Rasmus only pinch hit, then he said he was 'caught off guard' because Bonifacio didn't come in to play centre - this after already announcing Bonifacio was in to play 2nd base. Anyways, why in the world would Bonifacio come in to play centre defensively over Davis or Rasmus???? Yes cover your ass Buck because Rajai and Bonifacio are black whereas Rasmus is the biggest redneck in baseball and all black men look-a-like you stupid fuck.

Honestly, you are terrible.
  • Despite Buck's errors I am a fan for life. I like his voice, I love his demeanor and I think him and Tabler have a nice chemistry.
  • Buck is an excellent colour man but he lacks the focus to be able to do play by play.

Also I am sick and tired of Buck and Tabby constantly giving on air blow jobs to Brett Lawrie.
  • I though that Matt Devlin did an alright job in Buck's absence. Pretty straight laced with little enthusiasm but he knew his stuff. Jerry Howarth, I love that guy!

I'm a little angry with mysef for missing the comeback last night. I turned the TV off in disgust as JP swung at 3 dirt balls and Izturis grounded into a DP with the tying run at 3rd in the 8th and marched up to bed. Oooops.
  • The Jays now have 3 pitchers named Dickey, Wang and Johnson, talk about pitching depth!
  • So far they are not measuring up.
  • The Jays now have 3 pitchers named Dickey, Wang and Johnson, talk about pitching depth!

Holy f*** that's funny.
  • 7 in a row!!!! :)
  • Jays on a nice roll. Might just get there.
  • Look down Boston/NY/tbay/bal cuz the Jays are moving up!!!

I think I'll hold on to my WS sports bet a little longer.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    7 in a row!!!! :)

Super happy they've had the #rungood flowin', but they are still 2 games under .500.

Hopefully they keep it up as they have a great opportunity to gain some ground in the AL East in the next few weeks. After tonights last game with the Rockies, they have 10 straight against the O's, Rays, and BoSox.

Let's go Blue Jays!!! (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap)
  • They haven't even played Houston yet.
  • Still gotta play at a real good clip to make it.. Figure .580 will 75% chance to get them in, .600 almost for sure..
  • 8 in a row.

The big test starts Friday. Almost wish they did not have a day off.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I wasnt sold on Santos as the closer even when healthy.

I was positive Cordero would be a train wreck.

But, Im calling that Janssen as the closer is a very good decision. I think he's got just enough f'd in the head to be effective.

QFT.

Also, Brett Cecil take something?
  • This is so f*cked up.

The Jays are 35-36, are still in dead last place in the AL East, 7 games back of the division leading Red Sox.

The Washington Nationals have the same record and are in 2nd in the NL East!

Tell me the AL East isn't the hardest division in pro sports.