Toronto Blue Jays Home Opener - Friday April 1, 2011

Comments

• Ok cool. Johnnie, you want to call them with our #s? With the sell out eateries are going to be packed.

Btw yes I specifically picked that link for the sell factor.
    westside8 wrote: »
    It's a bit of a further walk to the Dome, but whatever.

2 more sleeps!

I guess 1/2 a block qualifies as a 'bit' farther.

Peel Pub would have been fun for the nostalgia factor but sadly they are busto.
  • moose wrote: »
    Ok cool. Johnnie, you want to call them with our #s? With the sell out eateries are going to be packed.

We've never had reservations before. We'll be fine.
  • I don't get the Jays trading for a career .215 hitting infielder when Lawrie sits in Las Vegas.
  • moose wrote: »
    I don't get the Jays trading for a career .215 hitting infielder when Lawrie sits in Las Vegas.

Nix isn't playing everyday - Lawrie is better off getting his reps in AAA for a month or two before being called up to the bigs. No point of rushing him
  • If there is room on the bus, I would like a seat. I can meet at the Hwy 25 / 401 park n ride. What time ?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    If there is room on the bus, I would like a seat. I can meet at the Hwy 25 / 401 park n ride. What time ?

I've lost track. I think there is a spot open. Trevor is coming to my game tomorrow, so we'll hammer out the details and I'll post them here. Compuease wants to meet at this lot so that would work out perfectly, assuming there is an open seat.

Either way, I have your cell we can meet up somewhere.
  • Quick update for tomorrow. Sounds like Mark/Mario are coming with Heather and Moose is driving himself, so there's definitely room for Dj and another seat as well open. Anyway, the current list is:

1. Beanie
    2. JohnnieH
    3. Matt
    4. Hobbes
    5. Compuease
    6. HellmuthsMole
    7. DjGolfCan

I think the plan is to leave Mark's at 1:00, head over to Mario's to grab Hobbes, and then we should be at the Park'n'Ride at 25/401 around 2:00 to grab Compueash and DjGolfCan. Hopefully that's right, but I'll double-check with Johnnie at tonight's game and one of us will post if there's any changes.
  • beanie42 wrote: »

I think the plan is to leave Mark's at 1:00, head over to Mario's to grab Hobbes,

yes
  • The real question for tomorrow is 'What jersey should I wear?'
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    The real question for tomorrow is 'What jersey should I wear?'

I'm wearing my jersey circa 92/93.

New cap.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I'm wearing my jersey circa 92/93.

New cap.

Home or road?

I think I'll wear the home white jersey with the retro road cap. Oh and a long sleeve shirt underneath :D
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    we should be at the Park'n'Ride at 25/401 around 2:00 to grab Compueash and DjGolfCan.

I'll be there, let me know if anything changes. I think several of you have my cell #.
  • Blue Jays red Canada Day jersey
  • Whatever jersey I decide to buy tomorrow... Getting to be about that time, I think
  • Found one for you

bluejayswhite.jpg
  • I'll be there at 2pm.
  • Preferably...

I'll be wearing a brunette...

and a blonde

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Preferably...

I'll be wearing a brunette...

and a blonde

Mark

Quarter on the blonde . . .
  • Quarter on Mario
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Quarter on Mario

Haha...for what?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Quarter on the blonde . . .

Quarter says she has a deep voice and an Adam's apple.
  • Quarter says she has a deep voice and an Adam's apple.

Dollar says Mark has naturally blonde or brown hair on his palms and dyed one of them to the opposite...
  • Black with black Jays jersey. Maybe time for another me thinks.

Safe travels all!

stp
  • JohnnieH on Drtyore's account.

We're at Marks with Beanie waiting on the rest of the crew. The drinks are a flowin' yo!!!
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Bottom of the 1st.

Ship it!!!
  • Quarter says she has a deep voice and an Adam's apple.

So . . . a push, then?
  • So returned safely to Milton in the Beanie bus. Thanks Trev and thanks to Wes for arranging the awesome seats. Hopefully JohnnieH is feeling better by the time he gets back to New Hamburg, he was a little green on the way home..
  • Fun time as always.

Good thing I won the 1st run scored bet, cause I lost $16 to moose in other props. :(

Awesome seats wes. Thanks for arranging this for us.

And now for our next outing:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/toronto-blue-jays-vs-philadelphia-phillies-july-1-canada-day-24985/
  • Game homer 2:1 ship it
    Bautista homer 3:1 ship it
    First pitch - ball even ship it
    Davis steal 5:1 ship it
    Arencibia triple even ship it
    EE or Lind error 3:1 ship it
    Johnny Mac play 10:1 ship it
    Over 15 runs even ship it
    Made more moniez at the Jays then the warm up cash game at JohnnieH. Thanks fur yur dollahs yo.