Toronto Blue Jays Home Opener - Friday April 1, 2011

Comments

• JohnnieH wrote: »
    Jebus, we'll be way to drunk to participate in that!
    You forget, Dad will be sober. He can keep track... honestly...:o
  • compuease wrote: »
    How about total runs scored, total hits, total K's? etc...

In!
  • And we could each bet like $2. or $5. whatever on each category, picking a number. If you get it right each pay you amount. If no winner no pay...
  • Looks like you'll be watching the Jays without Vernon Wells as he's reportedly off to the Angels.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Looks like you'll be watching the Jays without Vernon Wells as he's reportedly off to the Angels.

Just saw that!

WTF BLUE JAYS!!!!!
  • Holy shit! But I say what the fuck Angels??

From what I'm reading not only are they trading two guys that could each hit for more power than Wells, or taking $86 million in salary off the Jays but also **GIVING them cash in the deal!!!! Are you kidding me? Just last off season no one ever thought Vernon could be traded with that albatross contract.

**Edit - nvmd. The source I was reading had it written wrong. Still a good move imo.
  • Holy shit! But I say what the fuck Angels??

From what I'm reading not only are they trading two guys that could each hit for more power than Wells, or taking $86 million in salary off the Jays but also **GIVING them cash in the deal!!!! Are you kidding me? Just last off season no one ever thought Vernon could be traded with that albatross contract.

**Edit - nvmd. The source I was reading had it written wrong. Still a good move imo.

Maybe they're making funds available for Manny Ramirez?

Well, they're making funds available but I don't see any need for Manny. This team is overloaded with power. In fact it's a bit scary to think that the only real candidate for **CF is Bautista. I'm assuming Rivera will slide in to first base as he has played there before but hardly a seasoned defender. Hopefully the upgraded offense doesn't hurt the defense.

**Edit: nvmd again. Forgot about the Rajaj Davis acquisition. Love this line-up.

Really hope it is to get Bautista locked up well beyond this season, among other things of course...
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Really hope it is to get Bautista locked up well beyond this season, among other things of course...

Johnny Damon along with Manny Ramirez both signed with the Rays
  • I likely would be interested in this... Usually get out to many games a year but have missed the last few openers. Also have heard many stories from Amanda about the times she went ;). PM me the info.
  • Seriously sounds like a good time. Please pm me the info also and
    Vernon Wells has been traded. FYI.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Vernon Wells has been traded. FYI.

LOL @ not reading the last page of the thread before posting...
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Any +1s?

I need one.
    I need one.

Would that be +1.5? ;)
  • sign me up and Dad you really are a degenerate gambler.

and i need a +1
  • ItsaMe wrote: »
    sign me up and Dad you really are a degenerate gambler.

and i need a +1

Please start waves!
  • will see if the magic can happen again.
  • Vernon Wells at Angel's Press Conference
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We're (his family) looking forward to not being home in October anymore and for playing some meaningful baseball."
    [/FONT]
  • Just out of complete curiousity - I was approached with the option of purchasing a suite for the game. With the Phillies in down, do we have enough people willing to commit $700 for 5 games this season? Home Opener, 3 Phillies game, and 1 more. Or We can do Home Opener, Phillies, Yankees, Red Sox, or a combination.
  • Mario and I can't...

Mark
    Just out of complete curiousity - I was approached with the option of purchasing a suite for the game. With the Phillies in down, do we have enough people willing to commit $700 for 5 games this season? Home Opener, 3 Phillies game, and 1 more. Or We can do Home Opener, Phillies, Yankees, Red Sox, or a combination.

$700 each? That's too steep for me.
  • Put me down + 1
  • Kanga says that Beanie is good to go :D
    Kanga says that Beanie is good to go :D

Beanie only? Or beanie + Kanga? What about little...beanie/kangas?
    $700 each? That's too steep for me.

That's what I figured, but thought I would see if there would be interest
    Just out of complete curiousity - I was approached with the option of purchasing a suite for the game. With the Phillies in down, do we have enough people willing to commit $700 for 5 games this season? Home Opener, 3 Phillies game, and 1 more. Or We can do Home Opener, Phillies, Yankees, Red Sox, or a combination.

Wes - How many people would you need to make this happen?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Wes - How many people would you need to make this happen?

Approximately 15.
    Approximately 15.

Sigh. Would have been fun. Id be interested in this or some other form of multigame pass.

If I win the million today I'll buy it for the forum.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Sigh. Would have been fun. Id be interested in this or some other form of multigame pass.

If I win the million today I'll buy it for the forum.

If you want, I can get the same deal with tickets as last year again as well