Help!!!!! Job interview

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    head them

If nothing else works, this might as a last alternative.:)
  • AJ just wants some free diet coke.:D:D
  • philliivey wrote: »
    AJ just wants some free diet coke.:D:D

Nope, off the list.
    We'll talk about compensation upon your successful hiring.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    If nothing else works, this might as a last alternative.:)

I thought the spelling mistake was simple enough.

Nice catch.
  • Thanks again AJ, too bad none of it was good for this one,lol

It was more of a meet and greet, sweeeeeet, no tough questions, why was I a nervous wreck all of yesterday then.

I think he just wanted to check out of I was I was in good strength for the position and I knew how to use a power jack, Yes all clear there!.

So asked my questions that I had, so looks like about 2 weeks for the decision, but he said if it was up to me you would start tomorrow, so hopefully that is a good sign!.

They have quite a bit of summer help/students that are going back to school so that's why it might be 2 weeks.

Other then that just mostly him giving me details about the job.

So all I can do is cross my fingers and pray.:)
    but he said if it was up to me you would start tomorrow, so hopefully that is a good sign!.

Expect that phone call right after Labour Day, Philli.
  • I hope so! This can bring a lot of opportunities for me in the future.:)

I did the crazy koby advice, eye, always look eye;).

But ya he said they have a new process now and it is slower for new hires but still works for me!.:)
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Expect that phone call right after Labour Day, Philli.

I was on vacation, Philli, but I would not have added anything except . . .

It sounds like you will have a little less time for poker soon. Way to go.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I was on vacation, Philli, but I would not have added anything except . . .

It sounds like you will have a little less time for poker soon. Way to go.

Vacation? what is this word Vacation you speak of?;)

There is still some things that can go wrong, but it does look good.(from what I can tell).

Now if Tuesday can go smooth for me and this happens, I will be a very happy guy and can finally have a normal life after soooo much bs over the last 10 years.

As for the poker schedule, ya won't be much time for that cause they have weird shifts, Tuesday-Saturday, I will have Saturday nights, Sunday(ship ship a Sunday Major perhaps;)) and Monday. During the week maybe get a lil bit of play in but that won't happen for a bit till I get use to the schedule if this does pan out.

Just want Tuesday to come and be over with quickly and smoothly real bad.........
  • Personally, I love the Tuesday-Saturday schedule. Gives me Saturday night to go out, Sunday to watch football/play poker, Monday to do any running around I need to.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Personally, I love the Tuesday-Saturday schedule. Gives me Saturday night to go out, Sunday to watch football/play poker, Monday to do any running around I need to.

Your a wrestler, you don't have a schedule:p
  • WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JUST GOT THE PHONE CALL!!!!

I GOT OFFERED THE POSITION! YIPPEEEEEEE SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Start date is set for sept 7th, so gotta be poor for a lil longer,lol but have to fill out some paperwork for background check which takes 7-10 days.

Thanks all for your help and encouragement. I just need some of it for tomorrow as I go through the last bit of crap in my life but hopefully that will be smooth and works out as well, if it does drinks for everyone!!!!
  • good show... as they say in Britain!
  • Congrats!

Now about that $50 you owe me... ;)
    We'll talk about compensation upon your successful hiring.

Ahem!! >:D
    Ahem!! >:D

lol, free poker lessons from Ivey.;)
  • Congrats Phil, best of luck in the new job. Now you know what it feels like to finally hit one on the river ;)
  • Congratulations Philli. Remind me to buy you a beer at the next Royal, or vice versa . . . :D
  • Great news. It will be a lot easier to enjoy your time off the next few weeks knowing that the cash will be flowing in shortly. Have fun.
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JUST GOT THE PHONE CALL!!!!

I GOT OFFERED THE POSITION! YIPPEEEEEEE SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Start date is set for sept 7th, so gotta be poor for a lil longer,lol but have to fill out some paperwork for background check which takes 7-10 days.

Thanks all for your help and encouragement. I just need some of it for tomorrow as I go through the last bit of crap in my life but hopefully that will be smooth and works out as well, if it does drinks for everyone!!!!

way to go phil
  • Thanks everyone.

Just got home from my court day, can't get into specifics sorry, but I got most of what I wanted and more important everything should be settled.

I will say there is something that will help my future even more and happy with that.

Back is a lil sore :(, bit of a long day.

But can try and prepare for the new job now and once that gets going, focus on poker again.:)
    Just got home from my court day, can't get into specifics sorry, but I got most of what I wanted and more important everything should be settled.
    So you got the house, the car and the kids? Good going Philli...
  • Now you can buy the cables you've always dreamed of. ;)
  • compuease wrote: »
    So you got the house, the car and the kids? Good going Philli...

Well one of those is right;)

moose wrote: »
    Now you can buy the cables you've always dreamed of. ;)

yup yup!

Actually a new home theater is on the shopping list.:)
    Potential Question:
    What would you consider your strongest asset?

Bad Answer:
    Strangling the shit of the donkey that rivered 2 pair on my aces.

Good Answer:
    I am always willing to take on new tasks and projects.

Potential Question:
    Tell me why you left your last job.

Bad Answer:
    The bastards wouldn't let me take three months off to go to Vegas to watch all the World Series of Poker events

Good Answer:
    Economic times being what they were at the time, the company had to cut back and I was laid off.

Potential Question:
    You have four jobs that need to get down, but only have time to two of them done. What do you do?

Bad Answer:
    I sit on the tow motor and wait for the shift to end and then get the fuck out of Dodge!!!

Good Answer:
    I will try to prioritize the work load myself in the most efficient manner possible, and if I need help, I would ask my supervisor which direction would be best.

Potential Question:
    What are your future plans for the next five years? Where do you see yourself in this company?

Bad Answer:
    In five years, I hope to be living on my poker winnings and snorting coke of a hooker's chest.

Good Answer:
    In five years, I would like to see myself in an introductory managerial role in the company and learning more aspects of the business as a whole.

Basically, give them the answer they WANT to hear, not the ones you want to happen.

Relax. Smile. Give your best show. Thank them for the oppurtunity.

And for Christ's Sake...BE SOBER!!!

Hahah, excellent :) But if you would answer with some of those bad answers maybe you don't deserve a job there! :D But it would atleast be somewhat honest :P
  • hehehe, so um ya, I have not heard anything else since and now getting worried, I am gonna phone today or tomorrow and get a update,I only got the job offer by phone and not in writing yet, but today is is the 7th day and they said 7-10 days before they will have the background check back.
  • Breath, Philli, breath. They will call, just be patient.

True story. Wife applied for a job, had a phone interview, and was told they would get back to her. Six months later she got a call to come in for an interview. SIX MONTHS !!! In that time she had applied for a second position with the same organization, and assumed that it was THIS position they were calling about.

Government jobs, naturally . . . I think Coke is better organized.
  • 1 step closer, more paperwork:o.

Like I have a few things on hold here, need to get started and get some pay's going.:)
  • Just don't be too eager, Philli . . .

AND FOR GAWD'S SAKE DON'T SHOW UP ON YOUR FIRST DAY WEARING THAT PEPSI T-SHIRT . . . :)
  • Milo wrote: »
    Just don't be too eager, Philli . . .

AND FOR GAWD'S SAKE DON'T SHOW UP ON YOUR FIRST DAY WEARING THAT PEPSI T-SHIRT . . . :)

lol, no they have coke shirts you have to wear:)