Question Week: DrTyore

Comments

• ddmilcan wrote: »

So how long to finish it?

That's what she said!

Ok, here are my questions, you talked about some music earlier.

What types of music do you love?

What do you hate?

What are the presets on your car radio? Would you like more? (I'd like 10)

Are there any songs that have special meaning to you?

Is there one song that you constantly sing the lyrics to wrong, and you know it, but you don't care?
  • Walleye wrote: »

this is pretty accuracate

dammit, GW..will you PLEASE dl firefox or chrome? I'd consider it an early President's day present.

In b4 "I'll do it tommor_ow" just to fully tilt me.

..Also xoxoxo
  • Given your obvious powers of consumption... have you ever considered getting in on the "if you can eat the whole thing it's free" where you order a 72oz steak and completely wreck your digestive tract in attempting to devour the whole thing.

Can't remember in Vegas where it's offered, but I know it's there.
  • Milo wrote: »
    UglyGirl.jpg

donotwant.jpg

(DrTyore Themed)
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    New Avatar????????????????

Never really saw you as a Gum Drop Person

So how long to finish it?

Milton Slim

I didn't time myself, but I got mine at least 5 mins before Mario, and he was done first... if I had to ballpark it? 15 mins

Mark
  • That's what she said!

Ok, here are my questions, you talked about some music earlier.

What types of music do you love?

What do you hate?

What are the presets on your car radio? Would you like more? (I'd like 10)

Are there any songs that have special meaning to you?

Is there one song that you constantly sing the lyrics to wrong, and you know it, but you don't care?

I'm a fan of music with strong lyrical content, so the folk music of the 60's really does it for me. Bob Dylan, John Prine, Kris Kristofferson are probably my favorite songwriters. There's a guy out there named Todd Snider that everyone should listen to.

On the flip side, I hate music that is just "beats" or stuff like that.. I don't do dance music well, and I almost threw up the first time I heard the "lyrics" "Bananas, bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S"....

Presets on my radio I have a few set, but honestly only really listen to two - CBC radio and Q107 for it's Psychadelic Sundays. I'm likely also the last remaining guy under 50 that listens to AM music radio. Other stations on the FM I have are 107.9, 99.9, 102.1.

A song with special meaning to me... there are a few, memories tied to them and what not usually mean more than the song.

Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town (Pearl Jam) - old crush

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

Hazard (Richard Marx) - last song my dad used to sing regularly

YouTube - Richard Marx - Hazard (Video Version)

Kaw-liga (Hank Williams) - my favorite song my dad used to sing

YouTube - Kaw-Liga - Hank Williams

Tangled up in Blue (Bob Dylan) - probably my favorite tune

YouTube - Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue

Worst Case Scenario (Todd Snider) - Still trying to really nail this song down, I can't help but think there's something important in there.

YouTube - Worst Case Scenario

To Beat the Devil (Kris Kristofferson) - Reflects my outlook sometimes

YouTube - Kris Kristofferson-To Beat the Devil

Sam Stone (John Prine) - the saddest single lyric in music is in this song.

YouTube - John Prine - Sam Stone - 1989
    Many more...

Misheard / sung lyric - Millennium by Killing Joke, my buddys and I swore to god that the chorus said "Jesus sucks on my jizz"....

YouTube - Milenium

Mark
  • Given your obvious powers of consumption... have you ever considered getting in on the "if you can eat the whole thing it's free" where you order a 72oz steak and completely wreck your digestive tract in attempting to devour the whole thing.

Can't remember in Vegas where it's offered, but I know it's there.

Zero chance I'd do this...

I literally didn't eat for like a day and a half after that burger - Mario went for a buffet that night I think... ;) HE'S the horse to put your money on

Mark
  • zomg Kawliga itt!
  • John Prine is the stone cold nuts. Twigged into him around the late 80's. Some very nice choices there, Mark.
  • Moar please :)

gif6-3.gif

More what? Songs that people should be listening to?

Hrm... maybe I should hold a seminar. but I'll always take a chance to pimp Todd Snider

YouTube - Conservative, Christian, Right-Wing Republican, Straight, Wh

Mark
  • How do you feel about calling me a Haitian now?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    How do you feel about calling me a Haitian now?

I'm fine with it... you're the one that forfeited your Asian card when you screwed up multiple math questions

Mark
  • If you were not doing what you currently do to pay the rent, what do you think you would be doing instead?

If you could take the necessary time to acquire the training (assume all bills are covered), what would your dream job be? (No copping out and picking poker pro).

Have you ever wanted to drive a school bus?
    If you were not doing what you currently do to pay the rent, what do you think you would be doing instead?

If you could take the necessary time to acquire the training (assume all bills are covered), what would your dream job be? (No copping out and picking poker pro).

Have you ever wanted to drive a school bus?

If not at my current job...

I'd probably be doing something along the lines of group home work. I seem to just have a knack with teenagers, and really enjoy it - most of the time.

Proper training and what not, I'd love to start a new program for youth. One the brings together multiple resources from the community designed to challenge perceptions on the things that I see youth come across. One thing I looked into initiating was a sports programs where they play against police officers. Also, teachers and other such authority figures (Probation officers, bail supervisors, etc) would be great. These kids start to associate all these people in negative ways due to the fact that it is quite literally pavlovian conditioned into them.

No interest in school buses.

Mark
  • Worst movies of all time?

Best movies of all time?

If you could ask George Lucas just one question, what would it be?
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I didn't time myself, but I got mine at least 5 mins before Mario, and he was done first... if I had to ballpark it? 15 mins

Mark
    I witnessed this live and confirm, both finished, but Mario inhaled... lol... I had a plate of fries......
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Worst movies of all time?

Best movies of all time?

If you could ask George Lucas just one question, what would it be?

I'll go with top 3

Worst:
    Bringing out the Dead - my god, someone stop Nick Cage
    Wicker Man (remake) - see above
    Zero Wave - Japanese Zombie / Alien / Rock N Roll Adventure

Best
    Empire Strikes Back
    Cool Hand Luke
    Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark

As for George Lucas:

"Mr. Lucas, as I'm sure you're aware, everything that you've done in the past 12 years has been panned by long time fans of yours. They claim everything from you've lost touch to you've gone bat-shit crazy. The prequels were a mess, and the fourth Indiana Jones was simply a disaster. Can you please explain why you are resurrecting and destroying these franchises when clearly you're putting neither the effort or love towards them they deserve?

Mark
  • When you go over to Kristy's to play video games drunk, Are you going to yell
    I AM MARK AND I AM AWESOME when you win?

Do you think that will tilt the holy hell out of her?
  • philliivey wrote: »
    When you go over to Kristy's to play video games drunk, Are you going to yell
    I AM MARK AND I AM AWESOME when you win?

Do you think that will tilt the holy hell out of her?

Any catchphrase I come up with while hanging out with Kristy usually results in re-appreciation of my inherent awesomeness.

I may just break out the I am Mark and I am Awesome.

Mark
  • My all-time fav was "One-liner Left4Dead"
    Every time you kill a zombie you have to drop a line like "Bam right in the uterus!" or " 'no head' is a good look for you"
  • With GTA and Jah still bickering in last week's thread, don't you think it's about time they both just dropped their drawers, and once and for all determined who really has/is the biggest prick in CPF?
    With GTA and Jah still bickering in last week's thread, don't you think it's about time they both just dropped their drawers, and once and for all determined who really has/is the biggest prick in CPF?

Nah.... then they'll just complain it's cold.

PokerJah just refuses to listen to other's opinions, or at least take their input seriously. He just looks for new ways to prove that his theories are correct.

Mark
    With GTA and Jah still bickering in last week's thread, don't you think it's about time they both just dropped their drawers, and once and for all determined who really has/is the biggest prick in CPF?

I volunteer to be the judge.

Mark, how do you feel about the fact that GTA's thread just got INFINITELY more exciting than yours?

I :h: e-brawls and am ***officially*** in before GTA owns Jah
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I volunteer to be the judge.

Mark, how do you feel about the fact that GTA's thread just got INFINITELY more exciting than yours?

I :h: e-brawls and am ***officially*** in before GTA owns Jah

I'm a little hurt to see it popping up over mine... I was so giddy that I'd gotten a longer thread! :(

Mark
    I'm a little hurt to see it popping up over mine... I was so giddy that I'd gotten a longer thread! :(

Mark

Try dropping a dramabomb Mark.. maybe start PMing this gif to Scoops and see what happens?

howUdoin.gif

Mark

So are you saying you want to make this a three way?!?
    So are you saying you want to make this a three way?!?

Nope.. just lookin for obscure validation.

Mark
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Try dropping a dramabomb Mark.. maybe start PMing this gif to Scoops and see what happens?

howUdoin.gif

You keep stirring up trouble, and you're liable to get a spanking young lady . . .
  • I can't believe that gif isn't getting more love..it is my single, all-time, favourite.

I laugh for at least 30 seconds every time I watch it..the eyebrows!!