Question Week: DrTyore

Comments

• This question assumes you meet with youth in secure custody at some point. What is the most memorable/scary moment you experienced in a secure facility.
    (Mine was getting flashed by a presurgery/post hormone treatment transsexual in a segregation cell in a maximum security remand centre in Vancouver and having the guards leave me locked in there for ten extra minutes while I beat on the 500lb steel door because they thought it was 'funny'. I was doing release planning by the way! He/she didn't think I was taking her seriously.)
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Umm... that last question I asked was more of a who is going to have to give you sexual favours to keep their job, but hey, if the King gets ya going, who am I to say what's what.

You get 10 minutes alone in a steel cage with anyone out there. No one will stop it (either way). Who and why? Who wins and how? (Legit fight, not my kind)

1. Probably Fred Phelps, founder of the Westboro Baptist Church, but he's not as vocal anymore, and I'd love to beat the hell outta this "person"

YouTube - westboro baptist church protests

These people are horrendous - true monsters. And I'd take em down with my mad ninja skillz.

Mark
  • Milo wrote: »
    Your job sounds pretty cool, Mark. Which leads to my next questions:

As a parent (hypothetically), what four life skills would you deem most important to impart to your child. Feel free to break this down by gender, if you like.

Also, living at home: Crutch, legitimately helping out with things, or just too lazy to move out?

Finally, do you think the Youth Criminal Justice Act helps to reduce the chances of ongoing criminality among our youth gone astray?

Parent: I don't think I want to be a parent, so I've not put much thought to this. However, if I was pressed, I'd say in terms of "skills": Empathy, Self-reliance, critical thinking, and observation.

Living at home: Crutch - I moved back there after a relationship where I was living with the girl. Now I'm just an idiot that has been pissing away his time and money.

The YCJA has good and bad aspects to it. But I doubt very much that it has all that much of an impact. Crime rates are down overall and have been trending downwards for years and years. FWIW, the most common trait I see in the youth I deal with is poor parenting.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »

These people are horrendous - true monsters. And I'd take em down with my mad ninja skillz.

wow....that video actually made me laugh, cry and rage all at the same time.

And on FoxNews no less.
  • This question assumes you meet with youth in secure custody at some point. What is the most memorable/scary moment you experienced in a secure facility.
    (Mine was getting flashed by a presurgery/post hormone treatment transsexual in a segregation cell in a maximum security remand centre in Vancouver and having the guards leave me locked in there for ten extra minutes while I beat on the 500lb steel door because they thought it was 'funny'. I was doing release planning by the way! He/she didn't think I was taking her seriously.)

Actually...

I don't go to the prisons myself, I run the group from a school in Cambridge. The "scariest" thing I've seen? I'll draw on all of my experience in working with you. I used to work in a group home, and one of the kids managed to set the lawn mower on fire (yes kids, smoking while refuelling IS a bad idea). I put that bad boy out m'self :)

Most memorable was a kid that I had here, and it wasn't an event so much as a "turnaround"

Kid was your typical hard-ass "gangsta" who missed his first group, and showed up late to the 2nd full of attitude. He wasn't participating, and what not, so I asked him about his charge (B&E). He said he did it for a rush, and I questioned him about why this rush justifies what he's done to others. Conversation then went something akin to:

Him:
    "You don't understand man, growing up my mom was a fucking crack whore. Like, seriously a crack whore, she'd fuck guys for money"

Me:
    "I don't care"

Him:
    "Wait.. what?"

Me:
    "You're 18 now, your next fuck up is an adult charge. You're the one doing this shit, so you can sit here and use your mother's fuck-ups as an excuse all you'd like, or you can grow the fuck up and start changing the shit in your life. How long are you going to use her as a crutch"

Him:
    "....... <dumbstruck look>"

Kid never missed another group. last I heard, working full time living on his own, off probation. That was one of the happiest moments in my job.

Mark
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    wow....that video actually made me laugh, cry and rage all at the same time.

And on FoxNews no less.

+1. Holy crap. What a nutjob. I do not condone hitting women in any way, shape or form. Good thing she clearly isn't human and has no soul, so that's going to make it ok.

*going to airport*
  • Congratulations on the win, Mark, even if it is by proxy.
  • Maybe you can help fed?
    DrTyore wrote: »
    Actually...

I don't go to the prisons myself, I run the group from a school in Cambridge. The "scariest" thing I've seen? I'll draw on all of my experience in working with you. I used to work in a group home, and one of the kids managed to set the lawn mower on fire (yes kids, smoking while refuelling IS a bad idea). I put that bad boy out m'self :)

Most memorable was a kid that I had here, and it wasn't an event so much as a "turnaround"

Kid was your typical hard-ass "gangsta" who missed his first group, and showed up late to the 2nd full of attitude. He wasn't participating, and what not, so I asked him about his charge (B&E). He said he did it for a rush, and I questioned him about why this rush justifies what he's done to others. Conversation then went something akin to:

Him:
    "You don't understand man, growing up my mom was a fucking crack whore. Like, seriously a crack whore, she'd fuck guys for money"

Me:
    "I don't care"

Him:
    "Wait.. what?"

Me:
    "You're 18 now, your next fuck up is an adult charge. You're the one doing this shit, so you can sit here and use your mother's fuck-ups as an excuse all you'd like, or you can grow the fuck up and start changing the shit in your life. How long are you going to use her as a crutch"

Him:
    "....... <dumbstruck look>"

Kid never missed another group. last I heard, working full time living on his own, off probation. That was one of the happiest moments in my job.

Mark
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Maybe you can help fed?

I did say I'd have the beer with him earlier!

He's reminded me of a guy I knew when I was younger, Justin. Justin was a chronic liar. He eventually got to the point where he wasn't just lying to achieve something, but because it was easier / more normal than being honest.

I think it'd be interesting to find out the reasons behind the act, and moreso if he's even aware that he's doing it, or if he's also lied to himself.

Mark
  • Do you miss me? cause I miss you. *tear

Could we really talk about math for hours?

stp
  • Fyp
    drtyore wrote: »

moose:
    "you're 32 now. You're the one doing this shit, so you can sit here and use your mother's basement as an excuse all you'd like, or you can grow the fuck up and start changing the shit in your life. How long are you going to use her as a crutch"
  • stpboy wrote: »
    Do you miss me? cause I miss you. *tear

Could we really talk about math for hours?

stp

I miss you more than you could possibly know baby! :)

I could talk to you for hours about anything as long as I can look into those dreamy eyes!

Mark
    Parent: I don't think I want to be a parent, so I've not put much thought to this.
    • Why do you always date women that want kids?
    • Why are you so drawn to obnoxious women? (For this I'll cite not only our ongoing friendship but also your last two gf's Tina and The mail order Russian whose name I always forget.)
    • Do you think maybe that you really want to be single most of the time and self-sabotage..ie: living in your Mom's basement, driving a smart car, the overt love of wrestling, geek humour and comic books?
    • What are you best/worst at in a relationship?
    • Will you ever apologize for 'Lars and the real girl'?
    • When do you want to come over and get drunk and play video games?
    I miss you more than you could possibly know baby! :)

I could talk to you for hours about anything as long as I can look into those dreamy eyes!

Mark

This post is soooooo 2004 . . .

Did you ever meet Phred? He doesn't come around much anymore, but he was one of the reasons I joined the Forum in the first place. Your thoughts?
  • Milo wrote: »
    This post is soooooo 2004 . . .

Did you ever meet Phred? He doesn't come around much anymore, but he was one of the reasons I joined the Forum in the first place. Your thoughts?

I don't recall a phred... but I'm bad with names.

Mark
  • ~If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
    ~What is the farthest from home you have ever traveled?
    ~He-man or GI Joe?
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    ~If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
    ~What is the farthest from home you have ever traveled?
    ~He-man or GI Joe?

Hrm... good questions...

I'm pretty happy here in Ontario, but with the snow coming down, I would be tempted to consider somewhere else. I don't much like it when it's stupidly hot, anything over 30 degrees and It's too hot for me. Couple that with the fact that it's the poker capital of Ontario, and K/W works for me! :)

The farthest I guess I travelled is England, I spent three weeks there in 2005. Expensive place!!

GI joe was the better cartoon.. I've gone back and seen both recently. Believe me on this one.

Mark
  • Why did you ignore my questions..I didn't even ask how long your penis is.

..yet.

Kristy
  • Cause you already know the answer :D

Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Why did you ignore my questions..I didn't even ask how long your penis is.

..yet.

Kristy
  • actually Hobbes, I've never seen it..I've shown it to others though.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    • Why do you always date women that want kids?
    • Why are you so drawn to obnoxious women? (For this I'll cite not only our ongoing friendship but also your last two gf's Tina and The mail order Russian whose name I always forget.)
    • Do you think maybe that you really want to be single most of the time and self-sabotage..ie: living in your Mom's basement, driving a smart car, the overt love of wrestling, geek humour and comic books?
    • What are you best/worst at in a relationship?
    • Will you ever apologize for 'Lars and the real girl'?
    • When do you want to come over and get drunk and play video games?

Oops! Sorry Kristy, didn't see them!

1. Do you realize how hard it is to find nymphomaniac women with low standards and poor vision that DOESN'T want kids?

2. <Shrug> Why do I like you so much :)

3. Doubt it, but I've been known to be wrong before.

4. I'm always fun, and probably one of the more secure people in a relationship (i.e. I'm not a psycho fuck boyfriend that most girls seem to dig, maybe I'm in the wrong, who knows). Worst? I'd have to say that I'm most limited by financies as to what we can do. I'd love to be able to do romantic getaways, gifts and surprises, but I'm broke perpetually.

5. You didn't watch it all, and I'm not wrong about that movie.

6. This is an excellent plan, and should happen sooner rather than later.

Mark
  • I watched 20 mins it of it on sheer determination..it sucked, no ending could make enduring THAT much pain worthwhile.
  • I'm down 5 BI today at PLO...wtf?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I'm down 5 BI today at PLO...wtf?

Don't play against Fedh8r.... he has mad skillz.

Best part is I'm relatively sure he uses the search tool just on his name to stoke the ego.

Mark
  • I agree that Lars was enjoyable because of the end. Eat that Kristy!

How many of my tshirts are you going to buy when I get famous?
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I agree that Lars was enjoyable because of the end. Eat that Kristy!

How many of my tshirts are you going to buy when I get famous?

The same number of shirts as times you bring me backstage to meet the boys.

Mark
  • What is your favorite wwe catch phrase of all time?

u can't c me-John Cena

If you smell la la la la what the rock is cooking(or any of his lines really)

That's the bottom line cause stone cold said so

Rest in peace-undertaker

Or any other's you can think of
  • philliivey wrote: »
    What is your favorite wwe catch phrase of all time?

u can't c me-John Cena

If you smell la la la la what the rock is cooking(or any of his lines really)

That's the bottom line cause stone cold said so

Rest in peace-undertaker

Or any other's you can think of

Hrm...

Currently (i.e. active wreslters) - I am the MIZ... and I AM AWESOME

Of all time?

And that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so.

Of course, there are some great one or two time used ones.... Flair was amazing for that.

Mark
  • Favorite movie of all time?
    Favorite book?
    Comic series story arc or graphic novel?
    Where were you born?
    Is Mario your longest known friend that your are still in touch with on a somewhat regular basis? If not, then whom?
  • Deal for the t-shirts for backstage pass. Ditto on the Miz' catchphrase, frigging sweet.

Would you ever want to get into a ring?