Ding Ding Ding

Comments

• Blinds usually take a jump but everyone gets a chip boost as well. So while it is not recommended to say finish 3rd with 100 chips left, the next round they would add say +$5000 to your stack to compensate for the higher blinds. However it does start as pretty much a push fest for the short stacks. If the table starts next round 9 handed, it would be filled with 3 1sts, 3 2nds, and 3 3rds for a random distribution of large/med/small stacks.
  • Won the FT of a 3 round $33 shoutout on Party tonight.

3rd $34.58
    2nd $62.25
    1st $280.15

Total $377.

Thank you Party for the free cash. They took back the free $175 they loaned me this w/e and I've got $591.28 left, mostly on these shootouts. That's a pretty good 2 week ROI.
  • Not a big win but it was the PSO tournament so I am guessing the competition may have been above average.

PokerStars Tournament #74367707, No Limit Hold'emBuy-In: $5.00/$0.5034 playersTotal Prize Pool: $170.00 Tournament started - 2008/01/30 - 21:00:00 (ET) Dear PUNKYMISHA, You finished the tournament in 1st place.A $62.90 award has been credited to your Real Money account. Congratulations!Thank you for participating.
  • Forgot the PSO was last night.

Nice win.
  • Nice the overlay on that is another $70.

Don't know how I missed the league. I'll try and get in there next game. Thanks.
  • I haven't been on PSO in ages but out of the blue I checked and they have two leagues just starting so I decided on playing the Diamond league for now and have a 1st and 6th/7th whatever the bubble was. So I might as well go for it now. Grand prize is a nice little package as well.
  • moose wrote: »
    Won the FT of a 3 round $33 shoutout on Party tonight.

3rd $34.58
    2nd $62.25
    1st $280.15

Total $377.

Thank you Party for the free cash. They took back the free $175 they loaned me this w/e and I've got $591.28 left, mostly on these shootouts. That's a pretty good 2 week ROI.

wow. first time i read about these shootout tournaments in this style (of top 3 moving on). i've never deposited money on party, but now i'm considering it just to play in these. hopefully another site that i use will pick these up.
  • Yesterdays $24+2 KO tourny on FTP, I took it down with Wes railing me for support! (thanks Wes)

Nice little donation of $2,965 to the BR, plus about 10 KO's for another $40.

Spent $129 on FTOPS #8 and $322 on FTOPS #9.

Hopefully I will have another contribution to this thread sometime late tomorrow.
  • nice result, congrats...
  • I posted it elsewhere in the forum, but I won a $50 satellite into FTOPS #3 ($500+35 HORSE) and then came in 16th out of 623 in the main event for around $2700
  • The stars must be aligned right, second win in a week. Good thing since the head gasket blew on my truck and it has been in the shop since monday. The bill is now paid, lol.

Cameron

PokerStars Tournament #77231905, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $4.00/$0.40
    180 players
    Total Prize Pool: $720.00
    Tournament started - 2008/02/12 - 19:39:30 (ET)

Dear blazin 72,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
    A $216.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 218.47 tournament leader points in this tournament.
    For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at
    http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/leader-board/

Congratulations!
    Thank you for participating.
  • BLAZIN 72 wrote: »
    The stars must be aligned right, second win in a week. Good thing since the head gasket blew on my truck and it has been in the shop since monday. The bill is now paid, lol.

Cameron

Congrats Cam! Nice to see you back!
  • Grats!
    I never run good in those damned 180 players sng ... I finished so many times just short of the money it's crazy :(
  • i hope i can experience a cash like this someday, these are great performances for sure..
  • I guess this counts as a DING DING. ME THE WINNER!!!
    $75 EUROS.

Thanks for the railbirds I actualy think you do play better when being railed.
  • pokerdro wrote: »
    I guess this counts as a DING DING. ME THE WINNER!!!
    $75 EUROS.

Thanks for the railbirds I actualy think you do play better when being railed.

Nice! Well done.
  • Congrats Sandro, very well done...
  • Haven't posted in a very long time, anyway, I decided to log in to Doyle's Room after probably more than a year of not playing there. I still had somewhere around 200K in Action Points, and they let you enter most multi-table tournaments with the points.

So......I entered a $20+$2 tourney today with 435 runners and came 1st! I won $2,175 for the tourney. I know that this is small change to many of you, but for me, is a nice little payday.....

I have one baby aged 16 months, another due in 2 months, and to top it all off I'm a CA and am in tax season. All of this = no time to play extended online poker, EXCEPT, my wife had a girls' lunch and dinner with her family, and her mom watched my daughter, and all of a sudden I had about 8 hours of precious free time to myself and scored my first MTT win! I'm more excited about the fact that I won than I am about the money.....but.....with that being said, seeing $2k in my once empty and stagnant account feels nice too....

Looking forward to my next window of spare time already!
  • Very nice win.
    2k is good anytime.
  • Hell ya 2K is a nice score, especially when your actual investment was $0.

Congrats!
  • Thanks...I still have over 100K of action points, so I figure when I have the time, I'm going to look for more tournies to enter to use up the points... I'll be happy with just an eighth of this result with free entries.....
  • Just rec'd cheque for $2K via FedEx(cashed out $2030, $30 to cover processing fee) today. I requested the cashout on Monday, was approved on Wednesday, and rec'd on Friday (today). God bless doyles room and their action points.... <--- nominee for most useless post of the day, but I'm posting anyway due to the excitement of seeing $2K from Bank of America for something that cost me nothing but the curiosity of seeing what was in my old DR account......
  • Play the bounty this wednesday. mmmm meadow.
  • haha I just won another one of those $11 Party shootouts. Not big money again but man these things are so +EV

2nd $15
    2nd $23.75
    2nd $42.75
    1st $95.04
    Ship $176.54
  • Haha decided to let someone else win the shootout tonight on Party.

I found something else I like almost as much on FullTilt - the 90 player turbo, double stack, knockout sngs on FullTilt.

Tried 2 $3s, 2 $10s and one $24. Won 2/5. Went out 20th in the $24 shoulda gone deeper but unfortunately I forgot AA<KK on FullTilt.

$3 paid $72 plus whatever $.50 bounties I got
    $10 paid $230 plus a ton of bounties as I virtually steamrolled the final two tables.
  • i took down the local friday night tourney. 45 entrants for a 1st prize of about 1k plus an entry (worth 200?) into the tournament of donkions.

yes, jimmy. it was all luck. i was all-in against 1 guy 4 times. lost the first one with A9 vs 66 to go down to a very short stack. tripled up on the next one when 44 caught the bottom of an 8-high straight. won again with AQ vs a small pair. then again with AK vs QQ when he flopped the set but i went runner-runner for broadway to give me a healthy stack on the final table. heads up lasted all of 1 hand when my 32s caught the straight on the turn just when he caught a set and i somehow convinced him to get all-in then. booya-shakka HEY!
  • So you won your way into the Tournament of Champions with 2-3, the worst hand heads-up. Congratulations, you booyashaka donkey! :D
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    heads up lasted all of 1 hand when my 32s caught ...
  • yay! won't that jacks game and wuads 8 game lol... first big win in a long time!

PokerStars Tournament #79528377, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $4.00/$0.40
    180 players
    Total Prize Pool: $720.00
    Tournament started - 2008/03/03 - 13:03:40 (ET)

Dear InsaneGuy,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
    A $216.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.
  • Brace yourself.

First Chan poker tourney and BIGBUCKS LOL

Buy In: $2.00 + $0.25
    Start: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 3:30 AM - GMT
    Min Players: 2
    Max Players: 1500
    Current Pot: $170.00
    Guaranteed: $0.00

Results

Ranking Player Prize
    1 pokerdro13 Real $45.39
    2 zactarus x Real $30.60
    3 jeff-s Real $20.40
    4 DrunkWes Real $13.60
    5 arco12 Real $10.20
  • i won the friday night donkament for the second week in a row. (sound familiar ching hill?)

after i busted our own buddy, heads up lasted all of 0 hands. since i already have an entry into the tournament of donkions, i gave the ticket to my opponent and i took slightly more than the cash dedicated for first. (i probably gave up a bit of value here since i had about a 3:1 or better chip lead but i already had my ticket so it didn't have a lot of value to me.)

once again, pure luck jimmy. i think i won every all-in i was in. A6>A5 (my call), K9>A7 (my push), QQ>AK (my call) and, of course AA>KK (my push). and then there were twice as many all-ins that didn't get called. plus all those weak laydowns i made.

congrats to buddy on winning the free entry into next week's donkament.