Ding Ding Ding

Comments

• Interesting hand Devo. A few comments and questions.

1. For me personally, when I see someone cold calling bets in between two raisers, I am instantly suspicious of that person and start worrying about a set. Obviously these two guys weren't thinking at all. Obviously no reason to get in the raising war at all either.
    2. What did you put these guys on by the turn? Any thoughts about quad 7s?
    3. Any thoughts that with liberace capping the turn, that diamond might be going for a c/r on the river with AA?
    4. If liberace raises you on the river and/or diamond c/r's do you reraise or call?
  • Another question. Change the 8 on the flop to a 5, so you flop the overpair. How far do you go with this hand? Do you fold when it is two bets cold back to you on the flop?
  • So as not to clutter up the almighty "ding ding ding" thread, I will copy the hand to a new thread in the "ask the people" section, copy your questions, and hopefully come up with some answers.
  • Full Tilt Poker Tournament #11938226 $11,000 Guarantee NL Hold'em
    Buy-In: $24.00 + $2.00
    549 players
    Total Prize Pool: $13176.00
    Start Date: January 26 2:01 PM ET

Dear preroller,

You finished the tournament in 9th place.
    There has been $256.93 added to your account.

Man...another tough one...had the chip lead (200,000)(3 of us had around 200k)(others had anywhere from 18k(1)to (75k-200k)(15 or so) with about 18 to go, when they shuffled the tables and Our table had 8 of the top 9 chip stacks. Other table was pretty much folding around, so they were slow to go out...I was either folding or raising (and my raising hands at best were like A9, 55, A10, but it would be folded around to me, and I was sandwiched between the other 2 chip leaders who would pretty much re-raise all in on my 3,4,5x raise).
    I guess I should have folded the last 62 hands or so then !<sarcasm>!
    oh well, 2 final tables in a row with these deep stack tournys, I'll get you next time POZ!
  • 17,000 PESOS
    first night in Juan Dolio, D.R.
    Hold'em a little different, everyone antes, 100 pesos (approx. 3.00)
    Locals play just about anything!
    Don't speak Spanish, but pretty sure I was being called something

Last night Quads at the Caribbean Poker table dinted the Jackpot pool for 14,000 Pesos
    YIPPEE!

Milton (Definitely Not) Slim, yet again
  • Not a huge multi million dollar one, but a win is a win.

PokerStars Tournament #41629871, Pot Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $7.00/$0.70
    235 players
    Total Prize Pool: $1645.00
    Tournament started - 2007/02/01 - 19:15:00 (ET)

Dear MDSGuy24,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
    A $452.38 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 285.18 tournament leader points in this tournament.
    For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at
    http://www.pokerstars.com/tlb_tournament_rankings.html

Congratulations!
    Thank you for participating.
  • Had my largest cash ever in poker last night...

Full Tilt Poker Tournament #12366172 $25,000 Guarantee NL Hold'em
    Buy-In: $24.00 + $2.00
    1065 players
    Total Prize Pool: $25560.00
    Start Date: February 3 10:01 PM ET

Dear dumbnutz,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place.
    There has been $2095.92 added to your account.

You have earned leaderboard points for this tournament.
    To view your current leaderboard points use the link in the Cashier window.

Congratulations!

It was one of those amazing tournaments where everything went my way, all my pkt pr's held up, I hit flushes, straights and even managed to pull off a couple of huge bluffs. The real cool thing, I won a $24+2 token playing in an $8 SnG :)
  • Sweet score Garry! Not a bad ROI for $8 ;)

So...uh....can we call you dumbnutz on Thursdays now? :D
  • ElElliott wrote: »
    Sweet score Garry! Not a bad ROI for $8 ;)

So...uh....can we call you dumbnutz on Thursdays now? :D

Isn't that what we have already been calling him? J/K congrats garry nice one. BTW el it was a $24 buy in. n/m I see he won an 24 token in an $8 SNG.
  • Nice one Garry,

I know those $8 Turbo SnG's well, but usually I take the $24 token and try to turn it into the $75 token.
  • Well, I haven't cashed that well in any sng's lately (no better than 3/45), but I HAVE doubled my online bankroll through ring games in the last 3 days. :)
  • Kristy just won the 2500 guaranteed on APLady.
    Over 370 players.
    She won like $950ish USD.

Ding Ding Ding?

She would have posted this but she is too modest.

Or not..

Kristy says, "First day back in 40 days motherfuckers! Ship it!"
  • Kristy? Modest?
    YEA RIGHT!

Well done Kristy!
  • PokerStars Tournament #42679186, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $50.00/$5.00
    207 players
    Total Prize Pool: $23350.00
    Tournament started - 2007/02/12 - 00:15:00 (ET)

Dear all aces,

You finished the tournament in 2nd place.
    A $4,086.25 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 274.80 tournament leader points in this tournament.
    For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at
    http://www.pokerstars.com/tlb_tournament_rankings.html

Congratulations!

All was going well until this hand heads-up:

PokerStars Game #8401683723: Tournament #42679186, $50+$5 Hold'em No Limit - Level XVIII (6000/12000) - 2007/02/12 - 05:00:40 (ET)
    Table '42679186 21' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
    Seat 5: all aces (458212 in chips)
    Seat 8: bballin04 (289288 in chips)
    all aces: posts the ante 600
    bballin04: posts the ante 600
    all aces: posts small blind 6000
    bballin04: posts big blind 12000
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to all aces [Kh 9h]
    all aces: raises 24000 to 36000
    bballin04: calls 24000
    *** FLOP *** [8s 9d 6h]
    bballin04: checks
    all aces: bets 72000
    bballin04: raises 180688 to 252688 and is all-in
    all aces: calls 180688
    *** TURN *** [8s 9d 6h] [Tc]
    *** RIVER *** [8s 9d 6h Tc] [6s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    bballin04: shows [Qc Td] (two pair, Tens and Sixes)
    all aces: shows [Kh 9h] (two pair, Nines and Sixes)
    bballin04 collected 578576 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 578576 | Rake 0
    Board [8s 9d 6h Tc 6s]
    Seat 5: all aces (button) (small blind) showed [Kh 9h] and lost with two pair, Nines and Sixes
    Seat 8: bballin04 (big blind) showed [Qc Td] and won (578576) with two pair, Tens and Sixes

(you have to work in a bad beat story whenever you can)
  • Congrats Devo, sucks about that bad beat.
  • Ding, ding. 3rd in a $5k speed tourney for $816. Unfortunately pushed QJ into KJs.

Lol at the same time I was stuck in a very intense heads up battle on a $109 sng and took 2nd there for another $270 or $1086 on the day. Woot!
  • Not a Ding ding persay, but the first time I've gotten quads at the cash tables. I was lucky enough to have my opponent holding pokcet 10s for a full house.

Flop was QQQ :D
    jackman shows a full house, queens full of tens [ t©, tª ].
    chriswinsor shows four of a kind, queens [ aª, q¨ ].
    chriswinsor wins $45.05 from main pot with four of a kind, queens [ aª, q¨, q©, qª, q§ ].
  • Dude seriously.

1st time ever? What do you play, like 10 hands per week?

I played 400 hands today and got quads twice - Aces and Jacks.
  • Anybody else play the extremely donkified stars million? 10,000+ players! Finished 427 for $800ish. Would have done better but lacked the concentration late.
  • Ya i know it's kinda surprising, but then again this weekend I got quads twice and a straight flush. I guess im getting backpay or something
  • SF, nice.

asdf
  • Congrats Moose - on your recent successes.

You seem to be enjoying those turbos.

After our conversation at RCIII - I have switched to the 6-man Turbos.

They are great - I played a few $5 games just to get the idea - Now I am playing the $10 and considering jumping to the $20.

I can't believe how fast the action is - I would say in 70% of the games you could effectively wait til 3 players remain and still have a playable stack.
  • I've been playing the OnGame step sngs. The entry into the first level is through either a $3 10 person turbo (top 3 get a ticket) or a $1 20 person turbo (top 2 get a ticket). I find them pretty easy. Even the 20 person, I have finished 1st, 1st, 3rd.

The key is to never call. Get a hand, push or fold.
  • have not posted here in a while but finally took down a mtt, just wished it was bigger buy in

Hello dragondeath,

Congratulations on your finish in tournament #40452199!
    You agreed to a deal at the final table to adjust the payouts as follows:

Official New
    Player Payout Payout
    ========= ======== ======
    dragondeath #1 $ 339.77 $ 270.47
    scotsrick #2 $ 201.17 $ 270.47

When the tournament ended, you were automatically credited with
    the official 1st place payout of $339.77.

The difference between this amount and the amount to which you agreed
    in the deal is $69.30, and this amount has been debited from your account.
    You will find this transaction in the cashier history at this time.

Good luck in your next event, and thank you for your participation.

Best Regards,

PokerStars Support Team
  • I hit quads/sf like 3-5 times daily pretty well... i had a good week the past week with a 5R victory on FullTilt after going pretty deep in their 400K garuntee last sunday i finished 48th for $850 (after winning sats, in all cost me $6)... i also won a couple $20 45player sngs for $350... running fairly hot.
  • Took down a $1 + $2500 added tourney on Hollywood tonight
    2790 people
    $1174.38.
  • Attaboy moose!

Congrats on the win at Hollywood, and the win at Erics!
  • moose wrote: »
    Took down a $1 + $2500 added tourney on Hollywood tonight
    2790 people
    $1174.38.

Nice going moose, can't be easy to ge through a field of people who only had to pay $1 to get in... I'd imagine the beginning stages of that tournament were about as much of a crap shot as the $1000 freerolls at bowman's. Way to survive and then outplay the rest!!

Congrats!!

(btw, after reading this post over.. it appears my first statements were sarcastic... but I assure you they aren't... I find it easier to play against people with medium to good poker skills, than to play complete newbs... freerolls and $1 tournaments = newbfest! So I really do mean well with this post.) :D
  • nj moose! good score
  • CanadaDave wrote: »
    Nice going moose, can't be easy to ge through a field of people who only had to pay $1 to get in... I'd imagine the beginning stages of that tournament were about as much of a crap shot as the $1000 freerolls at bowman's. Way to survive and then outplay the rest!!

Congrats!!

(btw, after reading this post over.. it appears my first statements were sarcastic... but I assure you they aren't... I find it easier to play against people with medium to good poker skills, than to play complete newbs... freerolls and $1 tournaments = newbfest! So I really do mean well with this post.) :D

Oh no, none taken. I was just donking around with everyone else for the first bit, but if you read the Who is Online Now and then the CHPC PLO threads you can follow my progress in the tournament. Basically with 500 or so people left I was leading the tourney and never fell out of the top 10 from that point on. It was a great experience to first practice playing big stack poker - crazy things like calling $14k allins with the blinds at 200/400 because it was less than 10% of my stack and secondly because of the huge field there was something like 4 million at the final table so you had to be careful putting in the right number of zeros - std raise was to 125, 000 and I for sure didn't want to type in 1.25 million by accident.