Ding Ding Ding

Comments

• Even though I am ahead 3:1 in sngs, now that Mark has the T$ lead, he refuses to play me.

So in the interim I have won a seat in the $250 HP WPT Barcelona qualifier on Sept. 16, 1pm so I can play some real opponents.
  • Took down PSO League game number 4 tonight for $82 + $100 overlay. Should be in 2nd place overall when the standings come out. Sorry about taking you out Hobbes, but at least I loaned you some of my chips for a while.
  • No prob there moose. Congrats.

I made some I'll timed bluffs after I was moved to the new table (my old one allowed me to steal at will), getting real short and pushed.

Figured if I doubled up there, I would have some breathing room.
    Ran into your QQ and could not improve.

Glad to see you used my chips well.

Can I have my 5.50 back? :)
  • PokerStars Tournament #59769545, Limit 7 Card Stud Hi/Lo
    Buy-In: $10.00/$0.50
    2 players
    Total Prize Pool: $20.00
    Tournament started - 2007/08/30 - 23:37:56 (ET)

Dear cdnmoose07,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
    A $20.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!
    Thank you for participating.

Mark, good news! You are so lucky, Stars has pulled their heads up Horse games so you won't go down 5:1.
  • WOOT! B2B victories in the PSO league. Another $76 + $100 overlay. I can see first place in the league from here.
  • My faith in HORSE is restored. 1st place in a HORSE MTT on Absolute for $177.45. More than covers my embarassing losses in the forum sngs.
  • I luckboxed my way into a third straight victory in the PSO league for another $73 + $100 overlay. Still not enough to give me first but damn close now. Linear scoring systems suck.
  • WTG moose.

Went out in a very disappointing 25th. Had bouties at 2 of my tables and I think it affected my game.
  • Damn, 3 straight, very nice job. 1st should be a lock for you pretty soon
  • Not much... but haven't had anything decent in a LONG time.
    I'm sure I played the best poker I've ever played, coming back from less than 400 chips after my aces got cracked by some donkey, then my AJ lost a big pot against the same guy , faced him heads up and won. bastard.

PokerStars Tournament #61649875, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
    9 players
    Total Prize Pool: $90.00
    Tournament started - 2007/09/19 - 13:23:14 (ET)

Dear InsaneGuy,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
    A $45.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!
    Thank you for participating.
  • soon, i will join your ranks :)
  • Just a congrats to my wife, mmoose for doing all she could to move up in the standings in the final PSO league event by taking it down. Unfortunately she fell a bit short.

It was a pretty dominating performance by the moose's. Over 9 events:
    moose: 4 final tables, 3 wins, 3 cashes, one bounty, 3rd overall in the league
    mmoose: 4 final tables, 1 win, 4 cashes, 5th overall in the league

That's 4/9 events taken down by the moose's!

It was especially tough on my wife, who every Sunday, either had to get up for work at 5 am the next day or was coming home less than an hour before the tourney start, after working 3 12+ hour days. Way to go!
  • Congrats to the moose's.
  • Got to change the structure if they do another league. How do you win 3 + 1final table and only get 3rd?

Congrats btw
  • Yep, because if you don't know, top 5/9 scores were taken for the league. That's the problem with a linear scoring system. I provided a logarithmic system for the last league and the complaints were tremendous. I hate people who don't understand math. My wife wins the final event and moves up two places. In the previous league, something like 50% of the players could still have a least finished in league overall prizes going into the final event. Even Zithal uses a somewhat modified, non-linear scoring system.

People see the high finishers getting a higher proportion of the points and they complain because they think it means they have no chance, where actually, it is exactly that which gives them a chance.
  • Finish 1st in a PSO League field of 45 people = 100 pts
    Finish 1st in a PSO League field of 112 people = 100 pts

It doesn't take mind-blowing math to recognize the problem here. I can't comprehend how anyone can justify complaining about modified scoring system.
  • Point system is indeed a problem there...

but I'd like to say that it's really cute that both you and your wife have pretty much the same nickname.

:P
  • She is one m better than me. ;)
  • 3rd place in the $3 rebuy on Prima for $328.67
  • gg Hobbes!
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    gg Hobbes!
    Thanks Kristy, though I really fckd up at the final table and should have really made it to heads up.

PS Your resolution to resurect the ding ding thread inspired me. :D
  • Not a monster ding by any means but pretty happy with the results.

Cashed FT in a 4 round shootout on Party.
    1st - $21.79
    2nd - $23.25
    2nd - $34.87
    3rd - $31.07
    Total $110.98

FT was brutal, got 3 outed 3x, which would have eliminated smaller stacks, fortunately managed to fight back each time and still finish 3rd.
  • Nice moose.
    Your running hot in the shootouts.
    Keep it up.
  • Not a monster DING by any means either, but I used some of my Cake Poker coins to play in a satellite for their $50,000 guaranteed event. Won the satellite, and then got 62nd in the main event for $190.

Went out was AK vs KQ, queen comes on the flop. GG

Not huge, but not bad for a no cost entry.
  • These shootouts are goldmines.

Played the 4 round $22 shootout on Party tonight.

3rd - $24.76
    2nd - $44.57
    Round 3 - 2nd $62.40
    Round 4 - 2nd $124.87

Total: $256.60
  • Whats the deal with these things, never heard of them before.
  • I've been playing out my free $$$ on Party. I've cashed in every single shootout I've played so far.

6:15 $22
    8:15 $33
    9:15 $11

Top 3 on each table move on to the next round and play another sng. You get paid each round you win. Your chips carry over to the next round and each round the top 3 payouts go up. Most rounds are 9 handed but depending on the #'s they are as low as 6 handed. Each sng ends as soon as you hit 3 handed, except FT which plays down to a final winner. The $33 is usually only a 3 round.

Reading Harrington vol.3 and understanding sng bubbles is key.
  • Am I correct to assume that blind levels continue through to the next level as well?
  • gg-s Moose!
  • congrats.. thats a nice prize to collect