Options

If you got hate in your heart, let it out

Comments

• Rosters are SET for 2013.
  • So much to vent . . . but it is New Year's Eve. Best to just let it go . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    So much to vent . . . but it is New Year's Eve. Best to just let it go . . .

Yeah Yeah Yeah, this is my first post in this 9 page thread, and while there is so much I could post about I have remained silent. Romo is making a mockery of America's team and needs to go and take the entire coaching staff and Jerry Jones with him.

There is is only one man for this job who can make the Dallas Cowboys back into America's team and his name is:

Bill Cowher
  • Best Tweet I saw re: Romo was this one:

Romo throws his helmet down in disgust, it was picked off.
  • I had hate in my heart today. Windows update says I have several updates that need attention. I always try and be accommodating in this regard so I said "ok Sir, you go ahead and address what you need to."

It updates everything including the driver for my network card and then I can't access the interweb for hours as I try and get the god damn thing to restore back to prior to the update. It angrily tells me this process fails several times and you're fucked Sir!

Finally got it to go back to prior to the update after several hours.

Thanks MS update. You're a charmer.
  • I had hate in my heart today. Windows update says I have several updates that need attention. I always try and be accommodating in this regard so I said "ok Sir, you go ahead and address what you need to."

It updates everything including the driver for my network card and then I can't access the interweb for hours as I try and get the god damn thing to restore back to prior to the update. It angrily tells me this process fails several times and you're fucked Sir!

Finally got it to go back to prior to the update after several hours.

Thanks MS update. You're a charmer.

He has better things to do . . . sorry 'bout your luck. :D
  • lowballers! if you're going to negotiate a price with someone, atleast do it in good faith.

i'm selling a set of 19" g35 forged rims and tires for $1200. I meet him and his dad to take a look at them since they're not in perfect condition. After inspecting them and saying they look good, he starts giving me his sob story about being a poor student. Of course he drives up in a G35... He says that he only has $600 to spend. I tell him that it's rediculous and that the offer is borderline insulting. He defends by saying "no no, I'm not trying to insult you, I only have $600 but my dad is willing to pitch in. So I ask, "so what's your offer then?". "$700". I tell them to get off my property.

How to negotiate with lowballers.

Your response is to high ball!

"$700!!!!!!!! ... So let me get this clear ... You're offering me four times $700 so $2800 total?"

"I really wanted four times 1200 so $4800"

"I could drop down to $4400 for all four"
  • Craigslist is great to sell stuff but it can be such a headache at the same time... Trying to sell a gshock watch for $180 with "price is firm" in the ad. I get all sorts of replies like: "WILL U TAKE $140?? CASH!!"

So what do I tell them? $140 for the watch and another $140 for the band! Drives me bonkers.
  • "WILL U TAKE $140?? CASH!!"

Sure I'll take $140 but you won't get a watch for that price.

or

I'll take $140 to give you instructions on how to turn the caps lock key off.
  • pretty sure i mentioned this one previously in this thread but fuck does it piss me off sometimes: coworkers who don't do their job and therefore give me more work to do!!!

just had the semester switch over in my school (which happens every 6 weeks). teacher i'm switching with left a ton of work for me to mark (he literally told the students to not hand stuff in and wait for me to start, and he told me that he told them that like i would be okay with it!!). also, the teacher last year who i was sharing a cabinet with left all her junk from last year in it (exams, students' work, and tons of actual important stuff that should have been filed away!!). so i got to spend an extra 2 hours cleaning up her mess too.

fuck all of you lazy ass coworkers. get fucking fired already, lose your homes and starve on the streets.

okay, that might be a little harsh, just get fired.
  • Not necessarily hate, as that would be hard to do. Perhaps serious dislike which will likely be temporary.

Someone decided he didn't like the look of one of the dogs that was on tv last night as my wife watched a rerun of the Westminster Kennel club. Lunged at the screen and now I've got a lovely deep scratch in the middle of my flat screen. Little asshole couldn't have had better aim with his claw.

Dead center.

Not worth repairing as it would almost be replacement cost.

As it's the only thing wrong with the stupid thing, now I get to look at this for however long this damn thing lasts.
  • I'll keep an eye out for any on kijiji. Always lots of good deals on there, especially around the holiday season. What size are you looking for? (That's if your going to buy)
  • I'll keep an eye out for any on kijiji. Always lots of good deals on there, especially around the holiday season. What size are you looking for? (That's if your going to buy)

Thanks for the offer, but at this point it's been suggested that we won't be replacing it for a while (I'm generally in agreement). Wife can ignore it and she watches way more tv than I do. I appear to focus on the scratch exclusively, so hopefully my mind will just wander off to a peaceful place in some hypnotic state.
  • Smoke weed . . . I hear it helps. Better for you than ciggies, anyway . . .

As we are heading into the Christmas season, I am going to pre-emptively shove a middle finger out the window at all the idiot drivers who think they are saving time by cruising the front aisles looking for spots, only to clog the lot to the point of gridlock, rather than just park at the first visible spot (as I do) and WALKING the extra fifty yards. This is ESPECIALLY prone to happen at Beer and Liquor stores.
  • I have had it with the morons at N.H.L. games that NEED to jump up out of their seats and turn around to face the camera every time the play gets close to their seating area.
    They stand up and wave like pucking idiots and it happens every damned single time the play goes near the corners of the rink. I hate them more than I hate the fans at MLB games that sit behind home plate with their phones to their faces and wave to their friends and family all game long.
  • I am starting to hate the writers of The Walking Dead.
  • and here's why . . .
    I am starting to hate the writers of The Walking Dead.
    Boooooooo!
    I am starting to hate the writers of The Walking Dead.

my gf feels the same. i do see that it is a little boring at parts but i just love zombies so i'll keep watching.
  • The "boredom" is getting to me, especially as I feel it is directly related to the budget cuts from AMC. Also, the continuity errors are mindboggling. They start the season fretting over the fences being overwhelmed by the shear mass of the Walker herds that sense the food within the prison, but as soon as the Governor shows up with his (noisy as all hell, and slower than shit) TANK, not a Walker in sight until it becomes convenient again. Total BS that never would have occurred in Seasons 1 or 2. Show is going "Heroes" on us.

Though I do like the idea of Glen mistaking the doppleganger Maggie for the real thing and going Sister-wives in the second half of this season. LOL
    The "boredom" is getting to me, especially as I feel it is directly related to the budget cuts from AMC. Also, the continuity errors are mindboggling. They start the season fretting over the fences being overwhelmed by the shear mass of the Walker herds that sense the food within the prison, but as soon as the Governor shows up with his (noisy as all hell, and slower than shit) TANK, not a Walker in sight until it becomes convenient again. Total BS that never would have occurred in Seasons 1 or 2. Show is going "Heroes" on us.

Though I do like the idea of Glen mistaking the doppleganger Maggie for the real thing and going Sister-wives in the second half of this season. LOL

I know! It's like it's not even based on a true story.
  • Hate the Drake
  • I think the show just keeps getting better as it goes on. I Can't wait until February 9th.
  • I think the show just keeps getting better as it goes on. I Can't wait until February 9th.

So, the inconsistencies mean nothing to you?

Martinez getting all pally with the Governor, even after witnessing him slaughter the previous group?

Walkers disappearing for no apparent reason, other than the storyline requires it?
    But then they reappear to make the chaos even more pronounced?

Rick dodges a hail of gunfire at the beginning of the assault, but then no one on the attacking force bothers to look to the right as they advance PAST the bus?

I like the show, too, but these (frankly) LAZY continuity flaws frustrate the SHIT out of me.
    So, the inconsistencies mean nothing to you?

Martinez getting all pally with the Governor, even after witnessing him slaughter the previous group?

Walkers disappearing for no apparent reason, other than the storyline requires it?
    But then they reappear to make the chaos even more pronounced?

Rick dodges a hail of gunfire at the beginning of the assault, but then no one on the attacking force bothers to look to the right as they advance PAST the bus?

I like the show, too, but these (frankly) LAZY continuity flaws frustrate the SHIT out of me.
    I thought of that too with all the people running past Rick like that, as if no would shoot him.
    The night before Rick and Carl took out about 100 walkers that broke through the fence, then they came from the woods when they heard the gunfire during the fight.
    I don't get Martinez. He's stupid I guess.
    You're right there is inconsistencies, but it's a great story. I like movies/shows about the end of the world, and zombies
  • Feeling a little hateful at the moment.

Got fired on Wednesday.

Going to speak with HR on Monday (would have done it sooner but HR is out of province) because this is not kosher how things went down.

Onward and upward, all that happy stuff. I know I'll get a new job soon but definitely not taking this lying down.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Feeling a little hateful at the moment.

Got fired on Wednesday.

Going to speak with HR on Monday (would have done it sooner but HR is out of province) because this is not kosher how things went down.

Onward and upward, all that happy stuff. I know I'll get a new job soon but definitely not taking this lying down.

sucks Cerberus. sorry to hear that.
    Feeling a little hateful at the moment.

Got fired on Wednesday.

You didn't snap suplex your boss, did you? That could hamper any settlement . . .
  • If it were my wrestling boss, that would have gotten me a raise :)
    If it were my wrestling boss, that would have gotten me a raise :)

I thought that you only did the wrestling thing, what else do you do ?