Options

If you got hate in your heart, let it out

Comments

• I had hate in my heart this week.

I was painting for a family who are selling their house. They've already moved out. The guys sister in law runs a business out of the basement. She doesn't want them to sell because she's a cheap horrible person and doesn't want to have to move or actually pay rent for a new shop. He never warned me about her and later apologized for it. She's a horribly socially retarded person. Her own sister practically hates her and said she's a bitch.

When I first met her, she glared at me and said that my paint "smelled like shit, I hate the smell of paint. Why didn't you use the low VOC stuff?" I pointed at the low VOC thing on the can. Throughout the day she continued to bitch and whine about how much she hated the smell of my paint which doesn't smell.

As I was getting ready to leave for the day, she said she was going out for a few minutes and would be back. I packed up. I grabbed an aerosol can of BIN denatured alcohol shellac based primer, quite possibly the most horrible chemical smelling products that painters have in their arsenal. I went back in and hosed down a perfectly fine wall with it. No stains, patches or anything else that needed sealing or priming. I dumped most of the can on the wall. It cost me $10. The entire house smelled horrible. I could actually taste the stuff.

I went out and sat in my van. She came back, walked in and started freaking out. I was now happy and laughed and laughed and laughed as I left.

Don't fuck with painters. We can make your life hell.

Nice! I used to do residential and industrial painting....I never understood it when people said regular latex smelled...so I'm assuming this new low VOC stuff must be almost completely odourless . Love the 'could actually taste the stuff'...LOL...been there.

I was painting for a family who are selling their house. They've already moved out. The guys sister in law runs a business out of the basement. She doesn't want them to sell because she's a cheap horrible person and doesn't want to have to move or actually pay rent for a new shop. He never warned me about her and later apologized for it. She's a horribly socially retarded person. Her own sister practically hates her and said she's a bitch.

When I first met her, she glared at me and said that my paint "smelled like shit, I hate the smell of paint. Why didn't you use the low VOC stuff?" I pointed at the low VOC thing on the can. Throughout the day she continued to bitch and whine about how much she hated the smell of my paint which doesn't smell.

As I was getting ready to leave for the day, she said she was going out for a few minutes and would be back. I packed up. I grabbed an aerosol can of BIN denatured alcohol shellac based primer, quite possibly the most horrible chemical smelling products that painters have in their arsenal. I went back in and hosed down a perfectly fine wall with it. No stains, patches or anything else that needed sealing or priming. I dumped most of the can on the wall. It cost me $10. The entire house smelled horrible. I could actually taste the stuff.

I went out and sat in my van. She came back, walked in and started freaking out. I was now happy and laughed and laughed and laughed as I left.

Don't fuck with painters. We can make your life hell.
    Thats friggin hilarious, LOL
  • tardy students. i just started my teacher taught course at work and after only two days i'm already pissed off about students arriving late and missing part of the lesson. i know it will be the same students who when it comes to the assignments they won't understand what to do. friggin' so annoying as a teacher.[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
  • flaky people - i.e. people who say they will do something and/or be somewhere at a certain time and then not follow through. drives me friggin' nuts.

this thread has taught me that there are a lot of things that piss me off.
  • trigs wrote: »
    flaky people - i.e. people who say they will do something and/or be somewhere at a certain time and then not follow through. drives me friggin' nuts.

The thing with that is...in the last 10 years...with email...texting...and basically giving people ways to avoid actually interacting and facing people the level of 'flakiness' has gone up 10 fold. People are so unreliable today compared with not so long ago it's ridiculous.
  • People who sign up for shit, and then bail with no warning . . . two players are from our darts team come to mind.

My name is Milo . . . and I am a Rage-a-holic. I have been rage-free for approximately one hour and forty minutes. I am hoping to be free of rage all day tomorrow, but that will depend on the rest of those motherfuckers out there . . . :mad:
  • I personally don't like Unions at this moment.

Well.. more just like one union.
  • Macke wrote: »
    I personally don't like Unions at this moment.

Well.. more just like one union.

as someone who leans well to the left, i never quite understood why people* are against unions. obviously, i understand how someone might disagree or hate a specific union (which mostly boils down to the president or the board that runs the union), but those who are completely against unions i just don't understand. and this is coming from a teacher who has recently been screwed over by his union.

*i want to stipulate that by 'people' i mean the 90% of us who are not rich. i completely understand how those on the other side of the fence would love to get rid of all unions so it would be easier to take advantage of the working class. that makes perfect sense for those insanely greedy and selfish rich people out there who aren't satisfied with the millions they already have.

to get back on thread topic, that's one of the reasons i hate oprah with a burning passion. she is one of the richest women in the world and everyone thinks she's a fucking saint because she gives away stupid crap to her audience. she friggin' owns something like 5 mansions in the US alone. her net worth is somewhere around $3 billion. if she's so fucking great she would have taken a portion of her empire, sold it, and fucking solved the problem of world hunger (at least for some poor countries if not the majority of them). instead, she gives away donated products on her show and everyone loves her for it. fucking anti-christ. okay, i'll stop the rant now but i could go on (like about her fucking 'schools' for example - so nuts!)
  • I do not object to all unions and know that they have played a vital role in keeping the workplace safe, and the treatment of employees much better than before.

Having said that.

I do not like Unions that cause me to pay more for goods and services than I have to. Case in point, city labour unions.

I used to run a golf golf, and we had grass cutters that made 12-$15 / hr. Why on earth do city owned courses have to pay almost twice that to their maintenance staff ? Because they are unionized.

Why are the city run landscapers being paid more than a private worker would ?
    Because they are unionized.

Why does the admin staff get more than they would at a private company ?
    Because they are unionized.

I pay enough in consumption taxes, I don't need my property taxes to pay for the bloated pay of all these workers who do not do more than any other private sector worker. They get better benefits, better pensions and better pay, just because they are unionized.

Think of all the money we'd save without them.
  • I hate nails . . . specifically ROOFING NAILS . . . mostly because I just found another one in one of my tires. Bye bye $20.00 . . .
  • I also HATE Public Sector Unions. The reason I do is simple. Unlike in the private sector, Public Unions know the Employer is not going anywhere, so there is no incentive to be reasonable in their demands. Just let everything end up in front of an Arbitrator . . . because an Arbitrator cannot look at a government's "inability to pay" for any increases. The answer to those arguments is always "raise taxes". Public Sector Unions should be ABOLISHED.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I used to run a golf golf.

business owners would qualify in the 10% of people who should be against unions. you disagree with me because your one of them lol. i'd say small business owners slide to that side as well even though they don't necessarily qualify as 'rich' and are more 'wannabe rich'. just kind of sucks for them.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I also HATE Public Sector Unions. The reason I do is simple. Unlike in the private sector, Public Unions know the Employer is not going anywhere, so there is no incentive to be reasonable in their demands. Just let everything end up in front of an Arbitrator . . . because an Arbitrator cannot look at a government's "inability to pay" for any increases. The answer to those arguments is always "raise taxes". Public Sector Unions should be ABOLISHED.

i agree with you. however, is it the unions fault for trying to get the best for their members or is it the municipality's fault for how they spend tax payers' money?
  • maybe i shouldn't have started on the politics... :D

EDIT: not to mention i'm hijacking fed's thread!
    i agree with you. however, is it the unions fault for trying to get the best for their members or is it the municipality's fault for how they spend tax payers' money?

I am no fan of government wasting tax dollars. My point about Public Unions was simply that they have no incentive to negotiate with Government whatsoever. If the CAW goes on strike against Ford, the extreme result could be that Ford closes all plants in Canada, thus putting all those CAW members on the street (see Caterpillar in London, ON). This will NEVER happen in a government setting, thus no incentive to bargain in a "real world" fashion. The negotiation dynamic is skewed in the Union's favour, as is the arbitration process, so it does not matter how frugal the Government might try to be with taxpayer monies. That is why I believe that Public sector workers should be barred from Unionizing, as it is the only way to insure that Government has a "chance" to keep a hold on the purse strings.
    I am no fan of government wasting tax dollars. My point about Public Unions was simply that they have no incentive to negotiate with Government whatsoever. If the CAW goes on strike against Ford, the extreme result could be that Ford closes all plants in Canada, thus putting all those CAW members on the street (see Caterpillar in London, ON). This will NEVER happen in a government setting, thus no incentive to bargain in a "real world" fashion. The negotiation dynamic is skewed in the Union's favour, as is the arbitration process, so it does not matter how frugal the Government might try to be with taxpayer monies. That is why I believe that Public sector workers should be barred from Unionizing, as it is the only way to insure that Government has a "chance" to keep a hold on the purse strings.

fair enough. do you think there should be any type of organization to protect the workers? or is it impossible within the framework then?
    fair enough. do you think there should be any type of organization to protect the workers? or is it impossible within the framework then?

Worker owned co-ops. EZ game :)
  • I think that the Labour Laws we have now, thanks in large part to the Union movement of past decades, are sufficient protection of a worker's Rights, whether it be Health and Safety, hours of work, or whatever. My bias against Public Sector Unions is simply that they make it impossible for taxpayers to get value for the money Government takes from us. This does not mean that Unions in general should be abolished because, if they were, I have no doubt that the Kevin O'Leary's of the world would take great glee in rolling back the progress of the last 60 years starting on Monday morning. No, I think Unions have a place at the table, but I also think the adversarial model of Union/Corporate relations is badly in need of change as well. We are starting to see the beginnings of that change in the auto sector. It will be interesting to see where it leads.
  • 80 years ago when you worked for a mine for example (unions were born in the mining industry) you had to live in the "company" owned houses, shop at the "company" store, literally had to risk your life for less than par wages and at the end of the week when you got your pay check you still owed the company 2 dollars. Well, fuck....I'd start a union too. That being said the times they have changed. There is way to much legislation in place now to protect the worker. People know their rights, they are not going to risk life and limb for an employer just cause the "man" says do it.

Unions will have you believe that they are responsible for the middle class, maybe or maybe not. What I don't like is when organized labour negotiates an employer into a corner and then wonders why they closed up shop and moved off shore? Businesses are not in business to employ people, they are in business to make money! If they have to fork over their profits (and I know in some cases I'm talking billions) sooner or later they're just gonna say fuck it.

Look at the auto industry, unions killed the auto industry. You can't pay a guy 35 bucks an hour to spin lug nuts on a tire and then give him 80% of that in retirement, it no make good business sense. Why is it that toyota can pay good wages ( I hate toyota as an employer, heard and seen how they work) and still stay financially viable? Any guess? Yeah thats right unions.

If you are even a moderately decent worker you don't need a union. All unions do now is protect the weak and lazy. If I had to pay dues according to my "use" of the union that would be fine, but no I'm paying for that degenerate fuck who has been fired 3x for not showing up to work because he was to busy smoking crack all night. Yeah I have hate in my heart.
  • TheMill wrote: »
    80 years ago when you worked for a mine for example (unions were born in the mining industry) you had to live in the "company" owned houses, shop at the "company" store, literally had to risk your life for less than par wages and at the end of the week when you got your pay check you still owed the company 2 dollars. Well, fuck....I'd start a union too. That being said the times they have changed. There is way to much legislation in place now to protect the worker. People know their rights, they are not going to risk life and limb for an employer just cause the "man" says do it.

Unions will have you believe that they are responsible for the middle class, maybe or maybe not. What I don't like is when organized labour negotiates an employer into a corner and then wonders why they closed up shop and moved off shore? Businesses are not in business to employ people, they are in business to make money! If they have to fork over their profits (and I know in some cases I'm talking billions) sooner or later they're just gonna say fuck it.

Look at the auto industry, unions killed the auto industry. You can't pay a guy 35 bucks an hour to spin lug nuts on a tire and then give him 80% of that in retirement, it no make good business sense. Why is it that toyota can pay good wages ( I hate toyota as an employer, heard and seen how they work) and still stay financially viable? Any guess? Yeah thats right unions.

If you are even a moderately decent worker you don't need a union. All unions do now is protect the weak and lazy. If I had to pay dues according to my "use" of the union that would be fine, but no I'm paying for that degenerate fuck who has been fired 3x for not showing up to work because he was to busy smoking crack all night. Yeah I have hate in my heart.

it really sounds like you actually agree with unions in theory but the current system doesn't allow them to function properly.
  • Unions did not kill the auto industry. The Big Three were arrogant monoliths that contiued to pump out substandard product long after the market had shifted beneath their feet. The recession, combined with economic reality, has forced the Unions to be realistic in their negotiations to the point that the Big Three can at least compete with foreign manufacturers now, so lets just see how the next 10 years go before writing their epitaphs. As for how Toyota, et al. could compete, well, when you offer a package close to what the Big Three do, but without the hassle of Union Dues (for the employee), or Union "problems" for the employer, it isn't hard to figure out.
  • Yesterday I had some Wings at the pub and there was this disgusting dipping sauce...

3 hours later I had a bad fever and could not sleep.. had to miss a day of work today.

Oh and now I have diarrhea..fml
  • costanza wrote: »
    i hate when wominz expect you to pay for every little thing, but then fight u a little about giving it up, like come on

Get a hooker: you're paying so she'll "give it up" with as much or as little fight as you want. Easy game.

Drivers:

The ones that don't fucking stop at red lights before making a right-hand turn into my path (I'm doing 60-80 and they turn in to my lane doing 30, at the most).

The ones that find it absolutely impossible to turn in to their own lanes.

The ones that, like Milo mentioned, sail across several lanes, signal-free only to get in front of me to not get off at the exit we're passing.

The ones that have to get in front of me when there's only a half a car length available yet there's 15 car lengths behind me.

The guys (yes, mostly guys, usually in some kind of Dodge Ram or Ford 150 pick up truck) who will fucking tailgate me when I'm doing 130 in the left lane on the 401 because that's just not fucking fast enough.

I also can't abide by snot-faced little bitches that think the world owes them something because they're cuter than most. They're shallow, demanding and vacuous.
  • TammiM68 wrote: »
    I also can't abide by snot-faced little bitches that think the world owes them something because they're cuter than most. They're shallow, demanding and vacuous.

Just send their eHarmony deets to Costanza . . . that way, they're BOTH getting screwed, but you're the only one getting off on it. :D
  • When one of your buds sends you a text from the airport he's waiting in saying 'Guess who just sat across from me in the lounge'.
    After a couple of more texts, you find out its your personal God Bobby Orr!!!:o

But does your friend get an autograph?:confused: A pic on cell phone??:-\ Does he hand his phone over to MR Orr so his buddy can talk to his hero??:mad:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Your friend says 'sorry bud, couldn't do it'...and misses out completely as your hero slowly slips away to his boarding call!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:Cockteaser!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::
    :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

In general, I'm not a huge fan of most people. They tend to annoy me in one way or another eventually. Sometimes right off the bat.

Earlier this week I was painting for a couple I've worked for in the past. Elderly Brits who are about as cheap as they can possibly be.

For the entire morning the woman followed me around the house chattering away at top speed about absolutely nothing. "Yeah so I have to do laundry later on I'm going to try a new laundry soap cause the one I have now has a flower scent I don't know why they put flower scent in laundry soap it smells terrible it's stuuuuupid" (punctuation not added because that's what it sounded like.) Blah, blah, blah. For 4.5hrs it felt like I was listening to Coronation St. on fast forward.

I actually just walked away from her in mid sentence several times and for no reason went to the other side of the house. There would be 4 seconds of silence, then she'd show up again and start right where she left off. At about 1pm, she left for an appointment. Finally, some peace and quiet.

For a total of 5 minutes.

I'm cutting in some baseboard when I get this eery feeling that someone's watching me. I turn around and find her husbands head about a foot or so behind mine. I look at him with a WTF look on my face. He exclaims "I want to watch you paint." Oh.... Dear... God. What have I done to deserve this. For the next three hours he follows me around watching me paint. Every now and again I glare at him in an attempt to make things uncomfortable.

Nothing deterred him.

I thought and thought and thought about revenge. How could I get back at them both for making this day insufferable. NOTHING. There was nothing I could do! Couldn't BIN their house. Couldn't come up with anything that wouldn't be noticed immediately.

I had hate in my heart, with no means of retaliation. It made for a long hate filled day of painting.

Thank you for listening. I like this thread. I have a penchant for ranting about things.
  • Bill . . . if we ever get to the same event, you are getting a free round . . . as the saying goes, you're an asshole, but you're my kind of asshole.
    Bill . . . if we ever get to the same event, you are getting a free round . . . as the saying goes, you're an asshole, but you're my kind of asshole.

He might even give Hobbes a run for title of "Forum Asshole".. and I'm a "Brit". :)

Hey wait a minute... Is Bill a racist? hmm..
  • compuease wrote: »
    He might even give Hobbes a run for title of "Forum Asshole".. and I'm a "Brit". :)

Hey wait a minute... Is Bill a racist? hmm..

I made no judgement nor negative declaration of any kind regarding the fact they were/are Brits. The descriptor was added to allow people to imagine the horror I was experiencing. I didn't even say anything about whether or not Coronation St. is a horrible TV show (it is). Why did you people impose this on us.

I'm part Brit as well. In fact I'm the complete European mutt.

My Dad was the racist in the family. He hated the Brits. Said they brought Starlings to Canada. He really had hate in his heart. He hated everyone.