Fantasy Baseball League?

Comments

• I agree with Hork and Moose, perhaps another owner could be found, heck I'd run the team if you'd like...it's just for fun anyways....getting a bye when you play them seems weak?
  • Big E wrote:
    I agree with Hork and Moose, perhaps another owner could be found, heck I'd run the team if you'd like...it's just for fun anyways....getting a bye when you play them seems weak?

I'm in favour of dismantling the team if we can't find a replacement though. It's better than being blinded out. And doing it after week 11 is the right time to do it, since we've each played the team once, and each have the same # of games left against them.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Might be worth trying to see if anyone would take the team over...

That will mean we will need Jeff to give his username and password of his yahoo account to whoever the new owner might be.
    Hork42 wrote:
    Big E wrote:
    I agree with Hork and Moose, perhaps another owner could be found, heck I'd run the team if you'd like...it's just for fun anyways....getting a bye when you play them seems weak?

I'm in favour of dismantling the team if we can't find a replacement though. It's better than being blinded out. And doing it after week 11 is the right time to do it, since we've each played the team once, and each have the same # of games left against them.

We can't add/delete a team since the season has already started. If a new owner can't be found, the only way to keep it fair for the other teams in the league is to give them a "bye" week. Maybe that team each week have a pressure-free week to break some records? :D
  • One question.....how do you ensure a bye-week for everyone? Do you put all his players on the bench? What happens then for categories where both teams tie at zero? Is there a potential for some teams to win 14-0 and other perhaps 12-0 or 13-0? It is all for fun so really it shouldn't be a big deal...but if I miss the playoffs by 1 point and I'm the poor schmuck that got a 13-0 week against them I might have to throw a puck at someone?
  • Big E wrote:
    One question.....how do you ensure a bye-week for everyone? Do you put all his players on the bench? What happens then for categories where both teams tie at zero? Is there a potential for some teams to win 14-0 and other perhaps 12-0 or 13-0? It is all for fun so really it shouldn't be a big deal...but if I miss the playoffs by 1 point and I'm the poor schmuck that got a 13-0 week against them I might have to throw a puck at someone?

Yeah, all his players would be benched. So unless you got a 0 in a category, you'd run the table. I guess we all better start getting complete games, that seems to be the only category that would be affected. We're all trying to win that category each week anyway, so if you happen to get none the week you play against this team, it's just bad luck... It's as close to fair as we can get.
  • westside8 wrote:

That will mean we will need Jeff to give his username and password of his yahoo account to whoever the new owner might be.

I think there may be a few players from the KW area that might be interested in taking over the team, Jeff might not mind giving away his password if he knew the person...

Looking in JohnnieH's, DrTyore's direction

stp
  • All he has to do is ask the new guy for a password and then change the account to the new password. Then he never has to give up his password. The new guy can then change the password again to anything he wants.
  • I use my Yahoo account for email and a couple of their other services too... If you could disassociate your account with the team, it would work.. not sure you can though. Unless this is the only thing he is using his account for...

Whatever the case, the fee for transfer of the team is an "L. Berkman" deposited onto my roster. I'd settle for a "B. Webb" too.
  • So what's the verdict? Is everyone on board with this? Or do we continue as-is?
  • I like the benching idea or just set his lineup with his best current players and leave his team locked for the remainder of the season.
  • Yeah, I like that idea as well unless we can get a replacement. Has anyone talked to Jeff to see if he'd be willing to give up his Yahoo account password..?

stp
  • Does Chan Ho Park's rain shortened game count as a CG?
  • As long as the game was over 5 innings it will...I have one of those this year with Freddy Garcia

stp
  • Bronson is da man!

On Saturday that tune changed as he broke an 0-for-27 hitless streak by going 3-for-3 with a career-high four RBIs and pitched six strong innings to lead the Reds to a 7-5 win over the Houston Astros.

The performance was the most RBIs by a pitcher since Houston's Wade Miller had four against St. Louis in September of 2003 and the most by a Reds pitcher since Jose Rijo's four in 1993.

Arroyo, whose CD "Covering the Bases" debuted at No. 2 on one Billboard chart last summer, had just six hits and three RBIs in 84 career at-bats coming into Saturday's game. But he had a double and two singles to carry Cincinnati's offense, including RBIs in the third, fifth and sixth innings, all against Andy Pettitte.

"It's a lucky day man," Arroyo said chuckling. "You're always surprised as a pitcher to get a hit. So to get three hits and four RBIs is probably a career day for me. Every now and again people get lucky."

Remember he has two homers as well from early in the year.
  • I picked up a beast of a player a couple of weeks ago, Marcus Thames of the Detroit Tigers. In only 140 bats this year he is batting .314 with 13 HR and 23 RBI. A beast I tell ya!

stp
  • List out your all stars. Lets see who has the most.
    1. Ortiz
    2. Jeter
    3. Utley
    4. Soriano
    5. Dye
    6. Rivera
    7. Arroyo
  • Thome
    Santana
    Martinez

my team sucks!
  • Coolhandwray All Stars

Troy Glaus
    Roy Halladay
    BJ Ryan
    Kenny "The Gambler" Rogers
    Alex Rios
    Jason Bay
    Carlos Zambrano
    Scott Rolen
  • P. Konerko
    M. Cabrera
    R. Cano
    J. Reyes
    R. Howard
    M. Ramirez
    B. Jenks
    S. Kazmir
  • B. Zito
    M. Tejada
    M. Young
    G. Matthews Jr.
    G. Sizemore
    B. McCann

No starters!
  • Does anyone know if the allstar game counts as a game that accumulates stats for our fantasy league or is it just the regular season for now?

stp
  • Only the reg. season.
  • Game Notes

COLORADO'S OMAR QUINTANILLA LEFT THE GAME IN THE TOP OF THE SEVENTH INNING DUE TO AN APPARENT RIGHT LEG INJURY.

COLORADO'S OMAR QUINTANILLA LEFT THE GAME IN THE TOP OF THE SEVENTH INNING DUE TO A LEFT SHIN CONTUSION.

Man BOTH LEGS? Was Tonya Harding at the game or what?
  • I can only assume that I am beating the crap out of myself.

Team BA for the week: .340
    Team ERA for the week: 9.69
  • Congratulations to everyone who made the playoffs. It has been a long season, but these are the final 6.
    1) Beast from the West
    2) CoolHandWray
    3) Loose Moose
    4) stpboy's boy's
    5) HUGH JAZZ
    6) The Incredible Hork
    Currently, Loose Moose is battling The Incredible Hork for the right to face CoolHandWray in the second round, while stpboy's boy's and HUGH JAZZ both look to advance to take on the number seed Beast from the West in the second round. All the best to all those in the championship bracket.

On the side note, while these teams did not make the championship bracket, most teams were formidable opponents this whole year, and they are going to engage in a battle for the consolation trophy.

the specials and Blazin 72 is mixing it up this week with the winner facing RedSoxRule next week, while Dinobots will automatically advance to next week's match with Flint's Bones due to an automatic Bye against Milton Rocks. All the best to these teams.

Stay tune for more updates as we draw close to the ending of the season.

For all those interested, a interest thread has been created for Fantasy Hockey.
  • Anyone interested in setting this up again for this year, it was a blast (no pun intended) last year!

stp
  • Is it going to be for money weekly or for the whole year, let me know.

Cameron
  • I can commish a full year roto again...
  • I would go again this year. I haven't been doing too much with the forum recently, but hopefully I'll get back to playing more poker.

Which inevitably will lead to more posts.
  • I would be in for joining this but i am already in four leagues.

sounds like a great idea though.

Would anyone not take Pujols first overall?

In one of my drafts someone took Johan Santana first but it was a public league and not many ppl take those leagues seriously
This discussion has been closed.