Fantasy Baseball League?

Comments

• What is the can't cut list?
  • They are basically players that are not allowed to be dropped since they are in the "elite" class of players. It is to prevent player dumping from teams at the bottom of the standings.
  • My elite players suck
  • To add somebody do I have to drop someone first or after the player clears waivers does it give me the option to drop someone?
  • moose wrote:
    My elite players suck

Then you have no worries. You can drop them ANY TIME!!! :)

just PM me before you do, ok?
  • moose wrote:
    To add somebody do I have to drop someone first or after the player clears waivers does it give me the option to drop someone?

I think when you select a player to add from the Free Agent list, you can also select someone to drop at the same time, and this would only take effect if your waiver pickup is successful. I'm not sure exactly though...

For my first transaction I dropped someone first before declaring my waiver request, so that won't be an issue. I did make a 2nd waiver pickup without declaring a cut, so I can let you know what happens when that transaction goes through... I suspect the software will force me to drop someone next time I log into the league.
  • See now I don't get how that works either because I don't see where your waiver ADD request has gone through the league. I see the drop waiver. I made an add waiver request too but don't see it anywhere. Theoretically your requests should go by me first as I am #6 and you are #12.
  • Ok next dumb question.    I can mark players to watch but how do you see your watch list?

Ok finally found it on my team page.
  • moose wrote:
    See now I don't get how that works either because I don't see where your waiver ADD request has gone through the league. I see the drop waiver. I made an add waiver request too but don't see it anywhere. Theoretically your requests should go by me first as I am #6 and you are #12.

No, it doesn't mean that if I'm #12 everyone above me gets to see who i want to pick up :)

What it means is, if we both want to pick up the same player at the same time, you will get him.

Say I try to pick up Marquis Grissom (which would be dumb since he retired yesterday). The transaction sits idle until April 1st. If anyone else tries to pick him up between now and then, the other person would get him and we'd all laugh.
  • I see that some other people have been looting the free agents list to improve their rosters. Good Stuff! Can't wait for next week.

Let the games begin!

PS: I think some of you have some inactive players and empty position spots on your rosters... might wanna do something about that ;)
  • Joe Carter is going to come back from retirement. I'm holding on to him.
  • I currently have Roger Clemens on my team, which is great if he plays. Yes, I did try and trade him for Halladay but some people are smarter than I thought ;) Anyway, anyone have any updated info on whether or not he has decided to play. Last I heard was that he was still considering playing.

Oh, anyone want Tori Hunter? He may be out for a couple weeks with a wonky ankle but could be a great gamble. I'd be willing to take Ichiro (Just kidding cam....I know you love him)....

stp
  • LoL the funny thing is I didn't even pick my team I guess the cmputer picks for you if you haveb't set anything up.

Cameron
  • stpboy wrote:
    I currently have Roger Clemens on my team, which is great if he plays. Yes, I did try and trade him for Halladay but some people are smarter than I thought ;) Anyway, anyone have any updated info on whether or not he has decided to play. Last I heard was that he was still considering playing.

Last I've heard is he is still undecided. However he's pitching against minor league dudes and still blowing them away. My guess is he'll be back.... When? Who knows..
  • Opening Day!!! let the games begin.

Good Luck all!
  • gl al

Toronto Star said to today that if he plays it wouldn't be until May. They didn't explain why.
  • moose wrote:
    gl al

Toronto Star said to today that if he plays it wouldn't be until May. They didn't explain why.

I think he can't sign with the Astros until May. He can sign with any other team before then, though it is very unlikely that he'd play for any other team at this point.
  • Some tips:

Since it's opening day, and I feel like being a nice guy, and I suspect some of you haven't played with this fantasy baseball system before, I'll post a few hints to get you started.

Some of you have empty roster spots and players on the DL.   If they have a little red DL beside their name, you can actually move them to the DL position on your team, which will open up a roster spot.   You can then take a free agent to fill the spot.  Utilize your roster spots.

You have a certain number of spots on your lineup and the rest of your spots on your bench.   Players on your bench do NOT accumulate stats.   I'd highly recommend going to your roster page and making substitutions for your starters when they are not playing that day.  You can make changes right up until game time, and the games are listed on your roster page.    You can set your roster from future dates too, so if you don't have time to do it on a daily basis, at least you can do it for a few days in a row.

The tendency in these things especially when not playing for money is to lose interest and stop managing your teams.   Hopefully the weekly head-to-head matchup will keep more people in it, but I fully expect some of you not to be playing past July...  I just thought I'd bring to your attention that some of the rosters are looking completely un-altered since the draft, and give those people time to get things together so they can still be competitive for their first week of play.

If anyone has any questions about the yahoo system, the help pages are very good at explaining it... but also feel free to PM or email me, or post in this thread and I'll do what I can.

hork.

PS:  I still need a shortstop.
  • Cool, does BN mean bench?

stp
  • Yes.

BN = Bench
    CI = Corner Infielder (1B/3B)
    MI = Middle Infielder (2B/SS)
    P = Pitcher (can be SP or RP)
    DL = Disabled List
    NA = Not Available (player has been sent to the minors, released, or is suspended)
  • The top 6 make the playoffs right? We should have everyone pay $5 (to someone's Stars account for holding) then the top 6 managers would play a private SNG, winner take all!
  • Hork,

I very rarely mess with a team until the season is underway anyhow.

Don't sweat it, it's a forum pool, you know where to find these people.

Cheers
  • dinobot wrote:
    Hork,

I very rarely mess with a team until the season is underway anyhow.

Don't sweat it, it's a forum pool, you know where to find these people.

Cheers

I'm not saying start trading your team away. What I'm saying is that some people have empty roster spots, players on the Disabled List that they can make a free pickup for, and they are not inserting their players into their lineup.

• I'm not saying start trading your team away. What I'm saying is that some people have empty roster spots, players on the Disabled List that they can make a free pickup for, and they are not inserting their players into their lineup.

Ahhhhh, Fair Play
  • Hey can we count pitcher's batting stats? My man Arroyo is hitting 1.000 with a homer. :D
  • moose wrote:
    Hey can we count pitcher's batting stats? My man Arroyo is hitting 1.000 with a homer. :D

That was a nice home run!
  • Anyone want a side pool on how many times Prince Fielder can strike out this year.

His dad is apparently a huge gambling addict, and apparently the two can't stand eachother. Something about Cecil stealing a couple hundred grand from the kid, and losing it all. Must be affecting his focus.

Oddly enough, when I was a kid we would go and see the Tigers play alot, and get their early to snag balls at Batting Practice. Prince was hitting them into the stands at that point, and he was eleven or twelve years old I think. Pretty amazing.

Cheers
  • dinobot wrote:
    Anyone want a side pool on how many times Prince Fielder can strike out this year.

I'd put the over/under at 200.

Btw - there are some good matches going into the weekend. A couple of ties. Good stuff!

hork.
  • I THOUGHT NOBODY WANTED TO BET IN THIS FANTASY BASEBALL THING.
  • My pitcher Arroyo hit his 2nd homer of the season - off the same pitcher no less. Too bad no-one has Glendon Rusch on their team. :D
This discussion has been closed.