Fantasy Baseball League?

Comments

• Only one reply so far..come on guys!  Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come when the season starts...
  • Wes I will be in a keeper league for $3.00 a week if we can get one together let me know.

Cameron
  • Hey Cam,

I don't think we can get a money league going as there isn't seem to be much interest. And weekly prizes isn't how I would do it if we do have one for money. Maybe we can start one off next year.

Wesley
  • Tough to do weekly prizes,as for the $10 to make it a PLUS league, Ill go with majority.

I think season will gauge how much interest there is in either keeper league or a money league.
  • Hey Wes no problem I will be in the league next year I just can't justify the time for nothing.

If anything changes let me know.

Cameron
  • Any chance we can change the draft night? Tuesdays are impossible for me...
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Any chance we can change the draft night? Tuesdays are impossible for me...

The draft date has been changed as you are not the first one to state Tuesday is not good. The draft date has been changed to Monday.
  • Perfect. Thanks.
  • Registration is now CLOSED as we have 12 teams for this head to head format. If there is anyone that is interested in joining, you will be responsible for finding another player (doesn't have to be from this forum) to join in order to have even number of teams.
  • Monday is good for me.

I also like the Trade Vote by Commissioner.

Cant wait for the draft....
  • A reminder that the draft will be taking place tonight. Hope to see everyone there!
  • See y'all tonight.

Dunno if the yahoo fantasy draft sw has chat (does anyone know?)

If it doesn't would you guys be interested in meeting in an irc channel somewhere to chat it up while the drafting is being done?
  • it does have a chat option.

I'm gonna let you guys know, and I'll remind you again, I'm gonna be drafting another team at the same time. Just a coincidence, but I hope not to delay the draft at all, but I know sometimes folks get bummed if people take their whole 90 seconds to pick or whatever.

Thanks
    Court
  • No problem. As long as the first few rounds doesn't take 90 seconds, I'm fine with that. =)
  • Bump - draft starting in 2 minutes. Get in there!!!! :)
  • The draft is completed!

Let the trash-talking begin!

(feel free to talk trades in here as well)

All trade protests, please PM me.
  • hahaha, look at my team, domination.
  • Whoah. What's with all the category changes AFTER the draft???
  • They'll be changed back to the original one (except with ERA put into the pitching categories)
  • I know nothing about how this league works so could you provide a little FAQ as to how the matchups work, deadlines for making roster changes, trade deadlines etc.

Thanks.
  • Sure. I will write one up and post it before the season begins over the weekend.
  • Basically you go head to head against one other team each week. The stats are compared against your opponent and whoever is better in each category scores a point. Team with most points wins that week.

You'll notice that you have players at each position, and some at "BN" spots... those are you bench. Any points from your bench do not count towards your weekly totals... you have to put them in an active spot for them to count. You can make the moves any time, I believe you can make them up till gametime daily. Your roster size cannot exceed 26. If you pick someone up off waivers, you must drop someone from the team.

Waiver pickups don't happen immediately. They take a couple of days to clear. There is something called Waiver Priority. For example, mine right now is 12 since I was #1 in draft order. This means if I try to pick the same player up off waivers at the same time as another manager, the other manager would get the pick. Once you make a successful waiver pick, your waiver priority drops to the end.

I believe Wes set a trade deadline for sometime in August.

Browse around the help section on the league site. It's pretty good at explaining everything...
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Basically you go head to head against one other team each week. The stats are compared against your opponent and whoever is better in each category scores a point. Team with most points wins that week.

You'll notice that you have players at each position, and some at "BN" spots... those are you bench. Any points from your bench do not count towards your weekly totals... you have to put them in an active spot for them to count. You can make the moves any time, I believe you can make them up till gametime daily. Your roster size cannot exceed 26. If you pick someone up off waivers, you must drop someone from the team.

Waiver pickups don't happen immediately. They take a couple of days to clear. There is something called Waiver Priority. For example, mine right now is 12 since I was #1 in draft order. This means if I try to pick the same player up off waivers at the same time as another manager, the other manager would get the pick. Once you make a successful waiver pick, your waiver priority drops to the end.

I believe Wes set a trade deadline for sometime in August.

Browse around the help section on the league site. It's pretty good at explaining everything...

Thats pretty much it, thanks Hork!

I moved the trade deadline to near end of August (instead of following MLB's trade deadline) to give more wiggle room.
  • Keep in mind the trade deadline, obviously, is strictly for team to team trades...you can still drop and add players after the deadline as needed. Sometimes people forget that.
    Should be a good race, the teams seem pretty solid...are we putting anything on this or just bragging rights?
  • Let the games begin.

Any interest in A-Rod? Make it good.... ;)
  • I missed the draft. D'oh!

I need pitching. Anyone need a 1B?
  • I missed the draft. D'oh!

I need pitching. Anyone need a 1B?

You mean that wasn't you picking all those retired players??? j/k, yahoo picked a solid team for you.

BTW- you can edit your needs and trading block on the site. Looks like BJs and myself have edited ours so far. (Players-> Trading block)
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Let the games begin.

Any interest in A-Rod?   Make it good.... ;)

I'll trade you Carlton fisk?
  • Hork42 wrote:

BTW- you can edit your needs and trading block on the site.   Looks like BJs and myself have edited ours so far.  (Players-> Trading block)

Can you explain that some more?
  • Ok. Go to the site. Click on Players. There should be a link to "Trading Block" which you can edit your team needs and players you have "on the block"

For example: I edited my positional needs as RP, SS, MI and I've placed 5 players on the block that I'm willing to listen to offers for.
This discussion has been closed.