Fantasy Baseball League?

Comments

• Your pitcher has more homers than anyone on my team.

I think my team is leading the league in triples... Too bad they count for nothing. I wish they'd stop at 2nd base and get me a 2B point.
  • Maybe those speedy guys will steal home a la Molitor and get you a run and a steal. Think positive!
  • moose wrote:
    My pitcher Arroyo hit his 2nd homer of the season - off the same pitcher no less. Too bad no-one has Glendon Rusch on their team. :D

And Manny has none. Theres something wrong with that picture.
  • I don't see anything wrong there...
  • Manny is a bum.

His shoulder-length dreadlocks must be affecting the rotation on his swing. They're creating drag and he's having trouble turning his upper-body around to pull the ball over the Green Monster.
  • Yes, I don't respect Josh Becket anymore. Well, I actually never had an opionion of him until now. He was yelling "F-You! etc etc." to Shea Hillenbrand on opening day in Boston, kids sitting in the front row. First inning Shea thinks he has ball 4 for a bases loaded walk and starts to first base, the ump then calls a strike. After Shea doubles into a double play to end the inning Becket starts freaking out yelling at Shea...
    He then goes to rip Shea in the papers saying something along the line of the integrity of the game. What an idiot. I almost want to goto Toronto next weekend so I can see T.O. kick some becket ashe.

Oh, Undefeated this week! Yeah!
  • Baseball needs more trash-talkers like my boy Josh.
  • What we need are more DL spots...seems my team is already tired and they all want to go on the DL for a little rest.....pansies!

Grrrrrrr

p.s. Keith Foulke sucks!
  • How about Maddux? The 40 year old guy is still bringing it. Leads the NL in ERA.
  • Anyone want to make me an offer for Paralta (SS). I could use a good closer.

stp
  • I'll take offers for Wickman or Rivera.
  • Hey guys, in my spare time I came up with a list of the current 'weekly records' for each of the individual stats that we have.  I'd like to try and keep this updated so if you can let me know if I miss(ed) something or if you break one of the current records that would be great.  It appears the only two in jeopardy this week are the strikeouts and batting average.  I think my 2 complete games in one week could hold up for awhile along with redsoxrules 14 stolen bases.

Anyway here is the list:

CPF Fantasy Baseball Records

Statistic        Record           Current Holder

Runs                   55                   stpboy's boy's

2B                      22                   CoolHandWray

HR                      19                   stpboy's boy's

RBI                     59                   Flint's Bones

SB                      14                   RedSoxRule

BB                      47                   RedSoxRule

Avg.                   3.36                 Dinobots

Wins                    7                    Dinobots

CG                       2                    stpboy's boy's

SV                       9                    I Like BJ's

BB                       6                    Milton Rocks

K's                      67                   CoolHandWray

ERA                    2.36                 Blazin72

WHIP                  1.08                 Blazin72
  • That's a great idea.  Put it into a new thread so it is at the top and easy to find. Also add the week so we know how long the record has stood.
  • I thought about adding the week last night just after I had completed this, great idea though. I'll add this in a new thread and update the weeks when I get home from work.

stp
  • I suppose it's too late to join :/ oh well, maybe next year i'll let you ladies know how it's done ;)
  • Cool, nice job!
  • What the hell is wrong with Towers? Brutal just brutal. Get his Grandma in there, she could probably pitch better. He is just destroying our bullpen. I like the guy but good riddance.
  • moose wrote:
    What the hell is wrong with Towers? Brutal just brutal. Get his Grandma in there, she could probably pitch better. He is just destroying our bullpen. I like the guy but good riddance.

At least he has a buddy to ride down on the bus to Syracuse with him. He and Russ Adams will be back though... I think it's a confidence thing for both of them more than anything else.
  • At least he has a buddy to ride down on the bus to Syracuse with him.  He and Russ Adams will be back though... I think it's a confidence thing for both of them more than anything else.

Do you really think so????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • There are rumours of the Jays adding a 2B, which would allow Aaron Hill to move to SS.

I think with Towers its more of a confidence issue, after being put on waivers days before his first ( and last?) win, as a pitcher he doesnt do any spectacular but CAN get the job done.

Adams, is not a very good baseball player at this point in his career. He is a terrible fielder, and is suspect at the plate.
  • There are rumours of the Jays adding a 2B, which would allow Aaron Hill to move to SS.

I think with Towers its more of a confidence issue, after being put on waivers days before his first ( and last?) win, as a pitcher he doesnt do any spectacular but CAN get the job done.

Adams, is not a very good baseball player at this point in his career. He is a terrible fielder, and is suspect at the plate.

DO YOU REALLY THINK SO I don't think it takes a genius to figure that out.
  • We joined this league because we like talking baseball. I appreciate the chit chat. Try contributing to it rather than knocking it. Thanks.
  • Adams is still young. He's a 1st round draft pick, so the talent is there (somewhere)
    I'm not saying he'll be an all-star some day, but look at other middle infielders the Jays have given up on and thrown away... Freel, Izturus, Felipe Lopez...

He'll be back, but with the team in its current state of trying to contend, they need someone better for right now. He might still be in their plans as the SS (or probably 2B) of the future for the franchise.

CoolHandWray, bet you're dying for Glaus to start more games at SS so he'll have eligibility in the Yahoo league :)
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Adams is still young.   He's a 1st round draft pick, so the talent is there (somewhere)
    I'm not saying he'll be an all-star some day, but look at other middle infielders the Jays have given up on and thrown away...  Freel, Izturus, Felipe Lopez...

Let's not forget Jeff Kent.
  • moose wrote:
    Hork42 wrote:
    Adams is still young. He's a 1st round draft pick, so the talent is there (somewhere)
    I'm not saying he'll be an all-star some day, but look at other middle infielders the Jays have given up on and thrown away... Freel, Izturus, Felipe Lopez...

Let's not forget Jeff Kent.

Manny Lee.

Oh sorry... Manuel...
  • He never got past anything other than a mediocre platoon player.
  • Sportsnet News is proud to be the first to report that the CPF fantasy league will be holding a dispersal draft after week 11 for the team "Milton Rocks". The Commission and GM of the team "Beast from the West" has been in contact with the GM of "Milton Rocks", and it has been decided that due to the certain constraints, "Milton Rocks" will be folding after week 11. As a result of the collapse of the "Milton Rocks", a disperal draft will be held after the completion of week 11, in which teams currently in the league will have the chance to pickup players currently on the "Milton Rocks". The draft will take place in a snake format, and the draft order will be determined using a similiar system as the NHL/NBA draft, where the lowest ranked team at the end of week 11 will have 11 "ping pong balls" while the highest ranked team will have 1 "ping pong ball".
    The draft will commence on Monday, in which the draft order will be posted on the forum. Each team will make their picks by posting in a seperate draft thread which will be created once the standing and the draft order has been determined. The draft will be conducted using the snake format. Please direct any questions regarding this situation to the commissioner.
  • Maybe a new owner could be found before breaking up the team.  Also what does that do to the schedule? How do you have a heads up league with an odd number of teams?
  • Each team that plays him will receive an automatic 14-0-0 and it is simply played as a "bye week"
  • moose wrote:
    Maybe a new owner could be found before breaking up the team.

Might be worth trying to see if anyone would take the team over... hadn't thought of that.
    It's a decent team. They're beating me 11-1 right now :)
This discussion has been closed.