Toronto Team Thread

Can we have it moved here as well please?

Us and Cambridge haven't been moved.

Comments

• Yea, before BBC_Z gets angry. You wouldnt' want to see him angry, would you???
  • PM sloth about this, there does not appear to be a Ryder Cup Mod as of yet.

stp
  • Why don't we just use this as our new team thread and ignore the old one?
  • That would be too easy. Aren't we supposed to be the 'Difficult' ones?? BBC_Z??
  • My gimmick is to make everyone want to come after me in the SnG's so that I can lay back and play my ABC game.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    My gimmick is to make everyone want to come after me in the SnG's so that I can lay back and play my ABC game.

SHHHHHHHHHHHH BBC you don't want everyone to know you can actually play that way do ya? I have an ABC game too but once I show my UTG raise of 7 2 and win the pot no one would ever believe it....... :)
  • I wasn't aware that BBC had any game at all.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    I wasn't aware that BBC had any game at all.

it's sleight of hand
  • it's sleight of hand

Cute, Everyone will think you are a Card Manipulator, when in fact, you actually possess

Cunning and Slyness!!!!

Paid Advertisement
    MILTON ROCKS
  • I'll have what he's having please.
  • I'll have a double!! Slyness? :D
  • Straight up or on the "MILTON ROCKS" ?????

Couldn't resist, Sorry !
  • I have to bow out of the Royal Cup participation. Family conflicts that day and I can't get out of it without alienating my daughter.

I have recruited GTA Poker to take my place. I will give SOS the monies already collected from SOS, Str82Ace, DeadMoney, Hork42 and BBCZ. Blazin72, GTA and AcidJoe have yet to pay.

Blazin72, I assume you are still interested? I haven't heard back from you about your involvement yet, and you haven't posted anything towards your participation. Please let the team know ASAP.
  • We still need a name.

How about "The Toronto GTA Pokers"
  • The Toronto "You ain't got no trophy...ers"

catchy
  • As of right now I am still in.

Cameron
  • Hey guys,

New to this. I know what I'm playing, but is there an overall schedule for our team?

I'll play more events if needed if anyone drops out.
  • We had discussed this when we met at MDSGuy's place earlier this month. I think he should have a schedule of who is playing what. If not him, maybe SOS has it.
  • Do we have a name? And how many players?
  • GTA - we all have to play a set # of events.
    4 of us each play in the Omaha and Stud, and everyone plays all the other events.

No, i don't think we officially have a name.
  • Name??  NAME??  We don't need no stinking NAME!!

We have been tossing this one around for awhile, and to date, we really haven't come up with anything...other than GTA's Pokers.

We had 8 players, but new info received last night seemed to suggest one of us would not be able to make it out, so we MIGHT be looking for another player.  You may want to PM BBC_Z about that.  As far as a schedule of who will play what, MDS or SOS should still have the list.

My memory is failing at the best of times, I do remember we all had to play the HU, NL, and Limit HE.  I was signed up for Omaha, but Blazin72 said he would prefer that to Stud, so I would take the Stud game.  Hork was playing Omaha I believe, not sure about the rest right now.

You might want to send out a group PM to all the members, just to touch base and get linked into what has happened and what is planned.  I'm up for another practise night if everyone wants one...I'll even hold it if you like.  Let me know.

AJ
  • I think we need to work on a schedule for the rotation of the cup througout the year.

I'd prefer part of the summer so that I can go kayaking with it.
  • I get it Thursday nights!
    :D
  • I am up for another get together.
  • I could potentially host something the night/late afternoon of the 3rd, 4th or 5th. I basically have an empty basement with a brand new poker table, chips, cards and that's about it. I'll pick-up some chairs if we decide on something. Have to check if the cable works down there. It would be non-smoking, the furnishings are rather sparse and the tv is small. :D

There should be wireless access down there (if you can't tell I never use the basement), not quite sure as my laptop wireless is still dead.

No rake, player dealt, BYOB, order our own food, etc,etc (sorry this would be short notice).

Maybe a HOSE tourney to prepare for the Royal.

I'm at Yonge and Steeles.
  • Since I can't make it to Woodman's benefit I was going to post a side-bet against other teams wrt our placing with 1/2-3/4 of any profits going to Woodman. Just wanted to check that noone had a problem with this before I post it. Anyone who wants to chip-in is welcome.

I haven't thought through the details yet, something like X amount of $ wagering that we'll finish higher than any taker's team with 1/2 of any profits going to Woodman.

Any better thoughts appreciated. If anyone is against this I won't do it.
  • I'd be up for another session.

GTA - I don't know if I have the bankroll to sit your game though... Gonna have to make it at AJ's
  • I don't have "a game", we can play whatever stakes anyone agrees upon, I'm just offering a venue if needed.
  • The schedule we worked out at DeadMoney's place is as follows-

Round 1A Fixed 7 card Stud-
    SOS
    Hork42
    Blazin72
    AcidJoe

Round 1B Omaha PL-
    GTA Poker
    BBC_Z
    Str82Ace
    DeadMoney

Round 2 Fixed Limit Hold'em
    Everyone plays in one of 8 SnG's

Round 3 NL Hold'em
    Everyone plays in one of 8 SnG's

Round 4 HU NL Hold'em
    Everyone plays in HU matches

Schedule

11:00-12:00 Registration/Captains Seating Picks
    12:00-3:00 Omaha/Stud SnG's
    3:00-6:00 FL Hold'em
    6:00-7:00 Dinner
    7:00-10:00 NL Hold'em
    10:00-12:00 NL HU Matches
    12:00 Winners Presentation

If anyone needs directions, PM me and I will send you the info. Please be on time, it's going to be a long day so any delays that can be avoided I am sure would be appreciated.
  • Since it's going to be a long day I'm looking at booking a hotel room for the night. Is anyone else considering doing the same? My schedule is pretty booked right now since the kid has more on the go than me, but if a game is set up I"ll try and make it.