CPF Blue Jays Game - Next Game September 22 vs. Red Sox

Comments

• I was just going to point out that the 28th is the Bristol St. Bender...there is only one 24 hour poker night and many more Jays games.

I have to say Wes, that I'd like to come, but not on the 28th.

Also, turns out I have a friend who works at the Rogers Centre and gets 4 free tickets a game. As a poor student I'm not gonna lie, thus I must admit that I'd rather take a free ticket than pay for a discounted one. I'd happily give the three remaining tickets to whomever satisfies my whims best. I might even be able to see if she can score us 4 more from one of her co-workers. I'm pretty sure they're the same seats we had last time I was there.

-Easy
  • Easy wrote:
    I was just going to point out that the 28th is the Bristol St. Bender...there is only one 24 hour poker night and many more Jays games.

I thought it was Friday and Saturday (26 and 27) that the Bender was being held?
    Also, turns out I have a friend who works at the Rogers Centre and gets 4 free tickets a game. As a poor student I'm not gonna lie, thus I must admit that I'd rather take a free ticket than pay for a discounted one. I'd happily give the three remaining tickets to whomever satisfies my whims best. I might even be able to see if she can score us 4 more from one of her co-workers. I'm pretty sure they're the same seats we had last time I was there.

I'm all for free tickets, why pay for something when you can get it for free.
  • I talked to Mario about this I think the other night and it sounds like most people are still in since as soon as the bender is over Saturday night we'll be crashing anyways and be ready to go on Sunday.
  • I'm not playing in the Bender, but I'm still in for the game.
  • Yea, I've been really confused as to when the bender is. Just yesterday I was at work and had a small heartattack when I became certain that it was this weekend - the point of the story being everyne thought I was crazy as I ran to the phone and called Rob.

Annnyyyway, I'll be seeing my friend tonight and I'll see what she can do. I can for sure get 4, and she works as a ticket agent...so if she can only do the 4 maybe she can make it so that any discount ones Wes gets will be beside the free ones. I dunno, I'll ask tonight.
  • How many ppl are going? She'll try to get as many as she can, but I need to know a rough number...
  • Use the list from the first post for reference. There around 8 people who have said they would be interested, with the ones in (?) being ones who have expressed interest (or attended one) in the past (with the exception of Kate whom didn't come with us since she was at the home opener).
  • 8 might be all I can do, cause 9 is not an option, we would have to get 4 8 or 12. I don't know if she can get 12 - she's letting me know on tuesday night.
  • You can take Wraych off the list.
  • Let's get there early! The Jays are giving away Veron Wells Bobblehead dolls!
    wells_bobblehead_95x200.jpg
    Sweet!
  • OK so whos driving? I could be talked into driving some people.
  • ItsaMe wrote:
    OK so whos driving? I could be talked into driving some people.

OOH OOH, I'll take some of that!
  • Because I'm the greatest ever, I got free 8 tickets. That's all she can do on short notice. This means there are 7 free tickets for people to use because I need to be there to pick everything up, and if I have to go all the way to the Rogers Centre I'm gonna watch the game.

The list seems to have more than 7 ppl on it. I have no idea how everyone wants to decide who will use them. I'm open to suggestions.

-Easy
  • Wow, that's awesome!! You rock!

As for the list there a 7 CONFIRMED (actually 6, Wraychel is out) and since there are 7 tickets.....
  • Thanks Easy!

If there are other people interested, I can "drop out" since I am having relatives over this weekend.

Whoever wants to go please confirm in this thread. Thanks!
  • I'll be coming to Waterloo tonight and will be staying til we leave to goto the game. Hopefully we also figure out whos driving, (like Mario has already started to do), because I will need a ride...

Since I got the tickets, I vote myself the girl who doesn't go anywhere near security guards for beer buying purposes - this has nothing to do with anything related to almost getting everyone kicked out. :D
  • OK I got 1 seat or 2 if you don't mind getting to cosy.
  • Cosy...sounds....nice. Who am I getting cozy with?
  • OK so it looks like Johnnie , Shannon and Easy are coming with me so it looks like it won't be that cosy(still room for one more). If every body good meet at my place the would be great if not I can pick people up. What time does every body want to leave at?
  • Can someone get me a bobblehead doll please?
  • JohnnieH will be picking me up at 10:45am and we'll be off to meet Mario at his house for roughly 11am....see you all then.

stp
  • Ok, change in plans.

I'll drive the whole way. My car has more room, and this way I won't spend a small fortune on beers.

Johnnie
  • Not only did the Jays lose :'(, we were late getting to the game, so all the Veron Wells Bobbleheads were gone. :rage:

DAMIT!!!!!

Oh well, a huge THANK YOU to Easy for the free tickets!!!

See you at the next one!!

Johnnie
  • I was at the game today. They lost again, bring my 2006 record to 0-4!

When is the next CPF game?
  • I've got the urge to watch the Jays lose again, anybody want to go down to the Dome?
  • I was thinking this would be a good idea recently too. I'd be up for a game some time after I get back from WSOP.
  • They don't come home until the long weekend, so have time to organize.

Johnnie
  • I am 100% in for this.

stp
  • August 6th vs defending World Series champs + Cito Gaston bobblehead day sounds appealing anyone?
  • westside8 wrote:
    August 6th vs defending World Series champs + Cito Gaston bobblehead day sounds appealing anyone?
    I'm already going to be there with the whole crew (thanks to Easy :D )!