CPF Blue Jays Game - Next Game September 22 vs. Red Sox

Comments

• Does this mean someone's going to be picking up Catherine and I?

MOST appreciated.. :)

Mark
  • I'm assuming Shannon sold his ticket to Easy?

12:40 or so outside gate 6 is fine with me.
  • westside8 wrote:
    12:40 or so outside gate 6 is fine with me.
    Cool.

Wes, am I bringing you back to Waterloo with me? If so, then I can squeeze in one more person. If not, then 2 more.

Johnnies car:

1. Johnnie
    2. Wraychie
    3. Drunken Mario..(I assume)
    4. Wes
    5. open
  • Yes please. I will need a ride back to Waterloo.
    Thanks Johnnie!
  • westside8 wrote:
    Yes please. I will need a ride back to Waterloo.
    Thanks Johnnie!

No problem, dude. But bring good shoes. I like to park far from the Dome. It's easier to get out of T.O.

Still one seat in my vechicle if anyone needs it!!

Johnnie
  • We should have everybody covered other than Easy who is already in TO, so I doubt anybody
    will need that seat Johnnie...unless anybody is afraid to drive with me :P
  • westside8 wrote:
    I'm assuming Shannon sold his ticket to Easy?

Yeah, that's right. She begged for it....

...the ticket that is.

stp
  • If anyone is looking to pickup merchandise (hat/jersey/what not - I know Johnnie is!), if possible, please look through the Jays online shop sometime (if you have time) and let me know what item you are looking to buy. That will make my friend's life easier so he can pick it up ahead of time instead of running to the shop during the game if he doesn't have it in his stall.
  • Ok....this for sure
    img952748med.jpg

And maybe a jeresy...we'll see.

JohnnieH
  • stpboy wrote:
    westside8 wrote:
    I'm assuming Shannon sold his ticket to Easy?
    Yeah, that's right.  She begged for it....
    ...the ticket that is.
    stp

I believe the correct chain of events was as follows... 1) there was begging 2) I consented on the grounds that you gave me the ticket.

-Easy
  • Good one Easy.

Now the only question that remains is, who plans on having several ten dollar beers with me? 

Also, I'm trying to come up with a few more things to yell out this year and have only come up with

"Let's see some sportsmanship!"

"Give him better advice!"  (to the 1st base coach)

"Get off the field, you've had your chance!"  (to a coach questioning an umpire)

My old ones include:

"Run faster!"

"Try your best!"

"May the best team win!"

etc.

Thoughts?

stp
  • How about:

"Bench all your good players!"

and

"Better make a trade for Roger Clemens,  he's going to win the Cy Young this year!"

;)

Hey, where are you guys sitting?
  • I'm down for $10 beers. Also, any ideas for what we're doing after the game?
  • Hork42 wrote:
    How about:

"Bench all your good players!"

and

"Better make a trade for Roger Clemens,  he's going to win the Cy Young this year!"

;)

Hey, where are you guys sitting?

lol

How about:

"run slower, i have to get my $10 beer" - to the world's fastest grounds crew

"play like you love the game, not your big fat paycheck"

"stealing is a crime you know" - after a stolen base

"put the bat boy in"
  • stpboy wrote:
    Now the only question that remains is, who plans on having several ten dollar beers with me?

Ten bucks!!! Since when did they DROP the price? :D

Yeah, I'll have a few(several) with you and Sirwatts.

Best cheer from the CPF game last year:

"EEEEEERRRRRRIIIINNNEEEEEEE. WE LOVE YOU!!!!" - To Ernie Whitt, Jays FB Coach.

I'd like to say there was more, but I don't remember anything else that can be posted on a public forum.

JohnnieH
  • Hope everyone had a great time there! (except for a small incident...:D)

Big props goes out to "Itsame" (Mario) for starting a 3 round, 3 deck, 20000 fans wave.

At this time, I'm planning to organize the second trip for May 28th against the defending World Series champs, the Chicago White Sox. Again, anybody is welcome (including all those members from Toronto!). Please PM/post below if you're interested (I promise I won't miss any posts this time! Sorry Wolffhound!)
  • westside8 wrote:
    I'm planning to organize the second trip for May 28th

Wraychel and I are in.

BIG THANKS to our organizer, Westside!!!! We had great seats, and I think a good time was had by all. mmm....$10 beers.....

Also, thanks again for the discounted tickets and schwag!!! You rock, Wes!!!

JohnnieH
  • Sign me up Wes - I dont mind jumping on the band wagon.
  • TNORTH wrote:
    Sign me up Wes - I dont mind jumping on the band wagon.
    Nice avatar Tom - you run out of ladies or is this a pic of the one you tossed in a volcano?
  • Hey Trev it is actually the surface of the sun. And ladies never run out :)
  • Surface of the sun? If you got there maybe you wouldn't be so pasty white!

So yea.. big thanks to Westside.... he really came through and it was a great time.

If you've not been to the "rogers centre" - they are really doing some renovations to try and make it more enjoyable!! THey're trying to hide all that concrete, the field and screens are immaculate, and yes, there are still $10 beers.... I've also heard (though I can't confirm it) that there was some kinda sporting event going on yesterday also.... I vaguely recall something.... damned $10 beers.

Mark
  • Yeah thanks Wes.  I'm in for doing this again on the 28th. 

:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:
  • Yeah, thanks Wes. It was a great time, I can't wait to go again.

stp
  • Thanks again Wes it was a blast.  Sign me up for the 28th.
  • Im in for sure, my lady might come too.

so sign up me and me +1
    if theres room of course

how much does a day liek this usually cost?

lets say aprox 4-6 beers included?? that being $40-$60 (it huryts just typing it)

johnny
  • Im in for sure, my lady might come too.

so sign up me and me +1
    if theres room of course

how much does a day liek this usually cost?

lets say aprox 4-6 beers included?? that being $40-$60 (it huryts just typing it)

johnny

The ticket itself will be around $32 (reg $39 plus service charges and what not) again if we look into relatively the same location (section 114 - field level bases). However, I am open to getting better seats if everyone agrees to it but that will be decided when we hit May.
  • I have the opportunity to pick up some field level tickets for April21 (friday) vs. Boston, $28 a ticket. I need to know by tommorow if anyone wants to come. I'll be there avec my girlyfriend.

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    I have the opportunity to pick up some field level tickets for April21 (friday) vs. Boston, $28 a ticket.  I need to know by tommorow if anyone wants to come.  I'll be there avec my girlyfriend.
    So I should remove you from the H.O.R.S.E. list?
  • I'll let you know by Saturday, if you don't hear anything don't remove me as I havent bought the tickets just yet...

stp
  • I'm wondering if the players that will be playing in the 24 hour Bristol Street tournament is still going to be interested in heading down to the game on the 28th, or if you prefer to go at another date (suggestions are welcome).