CPF Blue Jays Game - Next Game September 22 vs. Red Sox

September 22 vs. Red Sox

Comments

• Dibs on not driving, hmmm maybe a hotel room or two afterwards for a little drunken poker game. This should be a blast.

stp
  • I'll be working the home opener, as I do every year, doing the mlb.com Datacast.

That said, once I get the laptop set up, I'm sure I'll be able to pop down before the game to say hi to everyone.

Roy Halladay vs. Johan Santana ... a pitching classic!!

macbb
  • I'd be in unless "real life" gets in the way.
  • You know I'm in.
    I think a hotel would be best, for everybody.
    Unless we can crash at your place, Wes!!

JohnnieH
  • So I keep hearing that the Homer Opener is SOLD OUT!!

Can anyone please confirm this? If that's the case, I think we should just go the Sunday game on Aprit 9th. This will be the Sixth game of the season, so Roy Halladay should be pitching.

Are other thoughts?

JohnnieH
  • I'll look into the opening game, but it is really surprising to me that its sold out already, considering they will have had only to go flex pack and season ticket holders.
    Either way, I'm up for a game anytime, but since its April, I might have to work it around my exam schedule. Other than that, weekends work perfect for me.
  • I would be interested, but for all of you baseball fans in the KW area who need a fix and can't always get to see the Jays, I would highly recommend the Kitchener Panthers. Sure, I'm biased being the VP and public address announcer, but it's a great, cheap way to get in some baseball over the summer. Let me know if anyone ever wants tickets. I'm quite sure I could organize a CPF night at the park if we could get a good group of people out. We could have Sloth throw out the first pitch, and maybe have a game afterwards.
  • Furfy wrote:
    I would be interested, but for all of you baseball fans in the KW area who need a fix and can't always get to see the Jays, I would highly recommend the Kitchener Panthers.  Sure, I'm biased being the VP and public address announcer, but it's a great, cheap way to get in some baseball over the summer.  Let me know if anyone ever wants tickets.  I'm quite sure I could organize a CPF night at the park if we could get a good group of people out.  We could have Sloth throw out the first pitch, and maybe have a game afterwards.
    My first experience with the Panthers was during the playoffs, and it was a GREAT time. Much better ball than I expected, and a cheap night out (especially with all the kids :) ). We can do both :)
  • Furfy wrote:
    I would be interested, but for all of you baseball fans in the KW area who need a fix and can't always get to see the Jays, I would highly recommend the Kitchener Panthers.  Sure, I'm biased being the VP and public address announcer, but it's a great, cheap way to get in some baseball over the summer.  Let me know if anyone ever wants tickets.  I'm quite sure I could organize a CPF night at the park if we could get a good group of people out.  We could have Sloth throw out the first pitch, and maybe have a game afterwards.

OMG this sounds AWESOME!

I'm in... to watch / play / drink / whatever...

Mark
  • If the Jays trip turns into the Sunday, I'm in. Can't make a weekday game though.

10-15 Years ago, the Panthers were something...
  • Furfy did you do any of the UW baseball games at Couch as well? I played on the team for a couple years I think we may have met a couple times.
  • This sounds like an excellent idea!! :D:D Count Happy in!! I can round up another couple guys as well!!
    Opening day, Halladay, expensive watered down beer and I'm sure a kick-ass poker game will happen sometime who could refuse?? :D
  • SirWatts, yes I'm the UW announcer as well, so I'm sure we've met. Send me a PM and give me your specifics.

Wolffhound, The Panthers were something 10-15 years ago????

How about our last championship in 2001, when we had just made the final for the 6th consecutive year? (won 4 out of 6)

If there's enough interest (and it seems like there is), I'll start a new thread with a signup list.
  • Panthers game sound great. Good idea Furfy.

Wes, ask your buddy about the Jays game. I think the Sunday game would work best for all.

JohnnieH
  • Furfy wrote:
    SirWatts, yes I'm the UW announcer as well, so I'm sure we've met.  Send me a PM and give me your specifics.

Wolffhound, The Panthers were something 10-15 years ago????

How about our last championship in 2001, when we had just made the final for the 6th consecutive year?  (won 4 out of 6)

If there's enough interest (and it seems like there is), I'll start a new thread with a signup list.

I just recall a time when the League was made up of more talented players.
    Everything was better 15 years ago. Max was a whiz at bringing in players from all over and convincing local players to continue coming out.
    The league as a whole isn't what it used to be.

Just my opinion.
  • You're right, but give us a chance. Lots of new blood in the front office and we have BIG things planned for this coming year.
  • It appears the rumour is true, the home opener, along with all of the NYY and Boston games are also sold out.
  • westside8 wrote:
    It appears the rumour is true, the home opener, along with all of the NYY and Boston games are also sold out.

Are you telling me that Boston and NY games in say, August are already sold out?!?!?!?

I thought no one liked the jays.
  • zero wrote:
    Are you telling me that Boston and NY games in say, August are already sold out?!?!?!?

I thought no one liked the jays.

Thats what I was told, but he could've easily meant the ones in April though. Your best bet is to probably pick up a flex pack now if you're interested, or wish for the best when the singles go on sale. I'm sure the crappy teams will have lots of tickets available *cough* Tampa, Kansas /*cough*
  • Thats amazing and frankly a little hard to believe. Hopefully they can do it.

stp
  • Single game ticketsl go on sale Saturday, Feb. 11 at 10 a.m.

If we are going to do this, we should start soon.

JohnnieH
  • JohnnieH wrote:

And now the jays have added Molina to the fold.
    Things are lookin mighty good this year.
    Hope Halliday stays healthy.

Hobbes
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    Single game ticketsl go on sale Saturday, Feb. 11 at 10 a.m.

If we are going to do this, we should start soon.

JohnnieH

Since home opener didn't work out, I'm going to open 2-3 options for the FIRST CPF Game of the season, but won't be the last (since I'll be going to at few more, and I welcome anyone to join me).

We have the option of
    1. Sunday, April 9 vs. Tampa Bay Devil Rays (Roy Halladay should be starting)
    2. Saturday, April 22 vs. Boston (Again, another Roy Halladay start, BUT, rumours from sources within that all Boston and Yankees tickets are sold out, so I have to look into it)
    3. Sunday, April 23 vs. Boston (Read above)

If April doesn't work out, we can go to:
    Sunday, May 28 vs Chicago White Sox (and its a Vernon Wells Bobblehead day! :D)

Please PM/post your preference. These are all weekend games. Please also include your seat (or even max $ spent) preference. We should be able to get 30% discount on face value.

Btw, I will give a deadline of Saturday for the April games. And those who say yes, it is like poker, its verbal binding :D So unless you find someone else to take your ticket, you will still have to pay.
  • Wraychel and I are good for whenever, with my vote going to Sunday April 9. Halladay should destroy the DRays, and its a Sunday, so lots of people should be able to come.
  • Sun. April 9 sounds good to me too but I'm probably up for whenever.
  • April 9 is good for Kate and myself, I'm gonna be drinking some big beers that night/day...whatever.

stp
  • Hey guys,

For those who is interested in going but can't confirm 100% right now (for the April 9th game), please PM me (or post here) as I am looking to get the tickets order in by Friday before the rush of single game tickets going on sale on Saturday.

Otherwise, so far we have 6 people going on April 7

1. westside8
    2. JohnnieH
    3. JohnnieH + Wraychel
    4. stpboy
    5. Kate
    6. SirWatts

I am currently looking at getting the field level bases (which should cost around $30 per head). Unless people going wants to upgrade to better seats, we can look into getting premium dugout, which will be around $50 per head.

I think thats it so far, if we get enough people saying they're interested but can't confirm, then I won't order until last week of Feb, so I will continue to update this thread.
  • I dunno what you guys are doing for tickets, but, my mother works for the company that makes the ticketing system for teh Jays. I'm fairly certain they have hook-ups so I'll see what I can you for ya'll...
  • Did some body say drunken poker???

I am in.