To whom this may all concern

Comments

• crazykoby wrote: »
    I will arrange this

Thanks Greg
  • Thanks Greg for taking care of the flowers, let us know how much and where to send it.

I'm sure one day we'll all sit down together at the tables in AJ's memory too.
  • Ada,
    I think I can safely say for all of us that we express our deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Your Dad was a great guy, always full of life and ready to laugh.

We cared greatly about him too. If there is anything we can do please let us know.
  • Condolences to the White family....

Being out west, never had the pleasure to meet AJ.....but he will be missed
  • Ada . . . what Johnnie said. If you and your Mom need anything, I am just around the corner. Say the word . . .

and Greg, let us know where to send the $$$ for the flowers.
  • This is very sad to hear. My condolences to A.J.'s family.
  • Very tragic news. I only played at his place a couple times but he was a very gracious host and made you feel very welcome. He will be missed by many.
  • For anyone who would like to donate for flowers my email is gregh@hocltd.com make the password - str82ace

Send as much or as little as you wish, any and all is appreciated. I will make sure the flower arrangement is something that truly shows the love and loss we all feel
  • Shipped . . .
  • Wow i am still in shock my deepest condolences to his family. I was just talking with a few days ago about the royal cup. If the family needs anything please contact me i'm only around the corner from you.
    For anyone who would like to donate for flowers my email is gregh@hocltd.com make the password - str82ace

Send as much or as little as you wish, any and all is appreciated. I will make sure the flower arrangement is something that truly shows the love and loss we all feel

See if we can take some collections tomorrow night.

This was a shock to me. AJ was a great host, friend, and father. He will be missed by alot of people in the community here.

Ada - Let us know what you need.

Darryl
  • I am stunned and shocked at the news of AJ's passing. I have had the pleasure of playing at your home numerous times and always felt welcomed. I am so sorry for your loss.
    AJ personally helped me during a stressful period in my life, more than I could have ever hoped for and it was due to him I was able to keep playing the game I loved.
    I wish there was more I could do, or say. Your family will be in my prayers and please keep us updated as to arrangements.

Sad day at PFC. :(
  • What a shocker. I was just chatting with AJ a couple days ago.

Ada, my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

He was a good friend and always fun to poke at the poker table. Whenever I see T7s I have to smile and think of AJ.
  • shipped to Greg.. and will definitely represent PFC if the family is ok with it.. Would be an honor.. I just don't know the right words...:(
  • I'm still in shock after hearing the news, all I can do is echo everything thats already been said by everyone. AJ was a great friend, he will be greatly missed.

Wetts1012 wrote: »

Ada - Let us know what you need.

Darryl

+1
    For anyone who would like to donate for flowers my email is gregh@hocltd.com make the password - str82ace

Shipped
  • Let me also echo the sentiments stated here.

AJ was a great guy, one of the most stand up guys that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I will never forget the look on his face - and then the constant ribbing - when he realized that I was going to direct a Westside event in a suit and tie. Or the look of disgust when I made sure that the puck that said "Penguins" was at his table for each Royal Cup.

Have fun at the big poker table in the sky big guy - and try not to swear at God too much when he cracks your aces :-).

Al
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Let me also echo the sentiments stated here.

AJ was a great guy, one of the most stand up guys that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I will never forget the look on his face - and then the constant ribbing - when he realized that I was going to direct a Westside event in a suit and tie. Or the look of disgust when I made sure that the puck that said "Penguins" was at his table for each Royal Cup.

Have fun at the big poker table in the sky big guy - and try not to swear at God too much when he cracks your aces :-).

Al

Cracked Aces . . . I used to get such a kick out having small pairs and position on AJ during League nights. Must have cracked his Aces at least a half dozen times over the years, certainly enough for it to become a theme between us . . . he got his revenge, though. AA<22 thanks to a flopped set. But the fates managed a runner- runner heart flush to give him his pound of flesh. Never saw him scoop a pot with such gusto.

Really going to miss that

Shipped. Its up to you, but perhaps there can be other uses for the funds collected in addition to flowers.
  • I'm sending this short note to thank you all. It is amazing how everyone felt about 'Newfie' AJ to the rest of the world.
    May I suggest Heart and Stroke, or Diabetes Assoc. or the Salvation Army Christmas kettle fund. He never missed a kettle even if it was the 4th one he'd walked by.
    Again thank you for your sincere comments and prayers. Mrs. AJ
  • FWIW

I'm more in favor of those charities... flowers fade, impact doesn't.

Mark
  • My sinsere condolences, this is a shocker and a sad day for all us. To AJ's family I am truly sorry for your loss.
  • I'm stunned. AJ was a good man. My sincere condolences to AJ's family and friends.
  • My sincere condolences to AJ's family and friends.
  • I never had to the pleasure of meeting AJ but from the sentiments everyone is sharing, my interactions with him were spot on.

I remember after first joining the forum there was a Heads Up tourney. I think he might have organized it but I'm not 100%. I had to reschedule two or three times because of work and he was very patient with me. When we finally played, he was friendly and easy going... And promptly kicked my ass in about 12 hands.

When Mark told me about this earlier, I told him one thing: he was never a bullshitter; always made good points without being an arse... Like Mark and I.

I will definitely miss his presence and am sad that I never had a chance to sit with him in person.
  • I played with AJ many times and have been to his house and he has been down to mine more than once. A friend to me and all in the poker community.

He will be sadly missed.
  • To say it was a shock to see this in my email this morning is an understatement. AJ was always a good to me. He was just starting out in poker and came to a league I ran with Cam in Brampton. I remember the first tournament I went to at his house, we played three sit n goes that night. He was always a great supporter of West Side Poker Club events. And when I decided to run a satellite for a Fallsview event and my event location closed down, he PM’d and said “Let’s do it at my place.” And promptly gave J7 off – gave me a J on the flop and a 7 on the turn for two pair while my opponent made min raise pre and on the flop, only to go all in on the river to lose with pocket AA. Thanks for the win AJ! He was always there to lend a hand. Even offered to help me with my resume when I was looking to move to Korea. He was always so generous with me. The first email I got when I landed in Korea was from AJ.
    He loved Cam too. Helping deal cash games for Cam, when Cam was rush to a hospital because of diabetes. He always asked me about Cam if I came to a tournament at his house without him.
    My condolences to the White family, I will truly miss AJ.

Brent
  • As I woke this morning, I am still in shock.

I started to reflect on the many times I have played at Ching Hill and how welcoming the White family was to all us poker players that invaded their house on Thursday nights.

I also realized that if it wasn't for AJ and Ching Hill, I probably wouldn't have started Orangeville Poker Tour.

With OPT kicking off Season 8 tonight, I will be collecting donations to donate to the mentioned charities.

AJ you will be missed and I will never forget you and the many Thursday nights at Ching Hill.

Once again my deepest sympathies and condolences to the White family.