To whom this may all concern

It is with deep regret that we announce the sudden passing of AJ White.
AJ passed in his sleep early this am. There is no arrangements made at this present time, we will post at the earliest time possible. We know that AJ enjoyed all the companions in the league and on this forum.

The White Family
STR82ACE wrote: »
Thank you for all your kind words about AJ this past day. To anyone who is interested in attending; Visitation is from 12pm-3pm Sunday Sept. 8th at Andrews Funeral Home on Dixie Road in Brampton. Funeral service to follow immediately. Cremation will follow after the service. Luncheon - to be announced. Again, thank you for all your support. We hope you can attend. - Ada and Brenda White.

Comments

• wow sad day. :(
  • Holy shit...

Condolences to AJ's family & friends, I'm stunned.

Mark
  • Wow. This is absolutely very sad news. We are all terribly, terribly sorry for your loss.
  • Wow. Very terrible. Sorry for your loss.
  • my condolences.
  • No words.

Sympathies to his family
  • Sincerest condolences.

I'm flabbergasted...
  • I enjoyed his company, a good dude. My sincere condolences.

stp
  • Wow wtf sad day. My condolences
  • Wow. So sad. Condolences
  • I still remember AJ's hospitality at his home games, and our fun poker battles at West Side Poker Club and the Royal Cup.

I’m so sorry for your loss.
  • Wow, absolutely shocking. Sincerest condolences to AJ's family.
  • very sorry for your loss
  • I just got off the phone with Shannon, who is AJ's step-son. As of yet there are no arrangements, but they expect to have an announcement within the next day or so. I will take it upon myself to update this thread with more information as it becomes available, should the need arise.

AJ was a great host, a good player, and just a hell of a guy to shoot the breeze with. This is a shocking loss . . .
  • incredibly sad day! was a very friendly guy! sorry for your loss!
  • So sorry for your loss. AJ was a great guy and will be missed by all.
  • Very sad indeed. So sorry to hear.
  • My condolences to the White family.
  • I'm just sitting here in absolute complete shock. I was actually thinking of his dog RJ this afternoon and was going to text him to see how she was doing.

AJ was a really good guy. I always looked forward to playing poker with him. He will be sorely missed by this poker community. The White family have my deepest sympathies.
  • Not active here anymore, but some friends passed along this sad news. Totally shocked by this, and AJ will be greatly missed. I was privileged to call him a friend, and Jenn and I offer our deepest condolences, and will keep you in our prayers.

Trevor
  • I've had the pleasure of calling AJ a friend for the past 6-7 years.

I was just out with him on Sunday. He had come to keep me company for a couple of hours while I was getting something done, we spent the time making plans to ride up to Port Dover for this Friday the 13th.

I have spoken with his wife, and have passed on my condolences to all of the White family.

For those of you who knew him you know what a great person the world is now missing, for those of you who did not know him, you have no idea what you missed out on.

RIP my good friend
  • My condolences to the White family. RIP AJ, I always enjoyed your company.
  • AJ, you'll be missed. Good guy, class act. Thoughts to his family and all his Ching Hill friends.
  • So sorry to hear this.

RIP
  • I am sitting here in shock...and very sad. Condolences. Solid individual and will be missed.
  • If someone local could arrange flowers or something from us (CPF) I will EMT money to chip in.
  • Just read a tweet...still can't believe it. Sad loss for the local poker community but pales in comparison to the loss for his family. My deepest condolences.

I never played at one of AJ's home games but he always made me feel like I would have been welcome.
  • Just getting in and seeing this now... I am in shock... Can't say any more at the moment.. I echo all of the other comments.. AJ has been on here longer than just about anyone and has been a good friend to almost all of us, I am in shock and will be for a long time...;(
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    If someone local could arrange flowers or something from us (CPF) I will EMT money to chip in.

I will arrange this
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    If someone local could arrange flowers or something from us (CPF) I will EMT money to chip in.

Family flowers are being arranged by Labelle Flowers of Arthur Ont. where a family friend works, if you would like to contact them here is the website Arthur Florists - Flowers in Arthur ON - Labelle Flowers

They will help you if you are interested.
    Thank you all for your kind words, this means a lot to my family. Knowing he was a joy in other people's lives as well as ours is uplifting. He really cared for you all very deeply.

-Ada White