BB10, RIM and the future

Comments

• Thought about ordering a new GIII...if that helps. ;)
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Thought about ordering a new GIII...if that helps. ;)

What model is that? A secret BB colour?
  • compuease wrote: »
    What model is that? A secret BB colour?

Yeah...BB in a Samsung case I think ;)
  • I'd sell half
  • SuperNed wrote: »
    I'd sell half

Was thinking of buying more...:)

Lineups at Canadian retailers..

Lines at Canadian retailers - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
  • Glad I bought some last Friday! So much for not buying a losing company...ride the wave for now.
  • snoopdoggdropitlikeitshot.mp3
  • costanza wrote: »
    snoopdoggdropitlikeitshot.mp3

• costanza wrote: »
    snoopdoggdropitlikeitshot.mp3

You have no idea how thin the absolutely razor sharp edge is that you gangnam style on daily. You are a very brave, or foolish person sir. Or you just don't care.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Was thinking of buying more...:)

Lineups at Canadian retailers..

Lines at Canadian retailers - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Take that with a grain of salt...coming from the crackberry site. They'd sell their mother, lie, cheat, and steal to hype up the blackberry (although there very well could have been lineups). That being said, nothing wrong with riding the wave. Just as with the Canadian launch...I'd guess getting off the wave just before the U.S. launch would be prudent. Even if just to buy back after. I personally like the idea of selling half with something like this....feel good if it goes down....and feel fine if it goes up.
  • You have no idea how thin the absolutely razor sharp edge is that you gangnam style on daily. You are a very brave, or foolish person sir. Or you just don't care.

I'm not sure If u understand what I meant

"drop it like it's hot" is a song (mp3) by snoop dogg, in this instance, I am referencing dropping BB Shares like they are "hot"

Comp hinted earlier that I had this feeling, I'm just confirming it.
  • I can see Blackberry hitting $20 in no time. BB10 is amazing. No way the America-centric media is going to be able to whitewash this.

BlackBerry shares jump after Bernstein upgrades stock - Yahoo! Finance Canada
  • Phone is amazing. Once more apps, games and such start appearing then it will appeal to the masses.
  • The mojo here is strong....it may surprise most of us
  • SuperNed wrote: »
    The mojo here is strong....it may surprise most of us

Yep, up another 6% today to $16.91, glad I didn't listen to costanzas advice, woulda cost me lotsa $$$$..
  • Ok, putting my money where my mouth is.. Picked up my Z10 an hour ago... All email,pictures, contacts, etc transferred over without hitch... Now to learn this beast... $89. on a 3 yr plan ($50. off for existing Bell customer).
  • 48 hours in and loving it.. I know I sound like a BB fanboy and I probably am but this thing is the cats meow..

The support on crackberry.com re how to's etc is great... Two of the guys working out of our office had gone over to Iphones about a year ago (tired of waiting). Both are paying termination fees and getting BB's, one is getting a Z10 like me and the other is waiting a month or so until the Q10 is here.. The Z10 onscreen keyboard is what is selling me... I can type way quicker on it already than any other touch screen device... The whole scrolling and going in and out of apps is so smooth it's scary. Not sure what the IPhone 5 is like as I have never really used one but can't imagine it could be any better.

The battery life for me is fine and supposedly will get better after several full discharge/charge cycles. The optional extra piggy back battery would certainly be an option for power users.

Am in the process of figuring out sideloading (woohoo free apps) similar to on the playbook but not working as yet... I need more spare time..;)

If anybody wants any details, just ask..
  • Does it use a sim card?

Nevermind, googled it.
  • Compuease: Stock price is still falling. Can you buy 5 or 6 thousand more z10s?
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Does it use a sim card?

Nevermind, googled it.
    Yep, not sure of max size but believe it is at least 64GB..
    moose wrote: »
    Compuease: Stock price is still falling. Can you buy 5 or 6 thousand more z10s?

lol, told you it was going to be a bumpy journey, seems to be fluctuating between $14.-18... lol, now where would I find 5-6000..? Seems like there is a definite shortage.. You can't look at this as short term...
  • God this thing is a traders dream....it's almost a crime not to try to sell some on/near the peaks and buy back at 20-25% off a week later
  • had my finger on the trigger at $17..oh well.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    had my finger on the trigger at $17..oh well.

lol, me too... $20. here we come... then ??
  • Ok figured out how to load all the free (paid) apps I have accumulated for the Playbook on the Z10.. woohoo, more free stuff... This is getting better every day. However some of these games, especially car racing games sure suck up power...

back up to $15.05 today
  • Just bought some more at $14.10.. My avg is now $11.15. I have about as much invested in one stock as I would dare do at the moment... Think there will be many more of these fluctuations over the coming months... Will likely take some profits when we get to $17. again.. Then buy again on next downturn...
  • still bouncing around the $14. mark, where to from here? Interesting UK review and seemingly neutral prognosis posted below. While unscientific it does appear to be well done. Apparently there are a lot of short sellers who may lose their shirt on this one...

BlackBerry Outsells Competition At The U.K.'s Largest Retail Store And In Business Sales - Seeking Alpha
  • I had no idea they hadn't released this thing in the US yet.

BlackBerry Z10 U.S. Launch Prepped - Mobility - Smartphones -
  • It's just another example of their bad management. Samsung S4 launches in US this week -- because they had their shit together.
  • moose wrote: »
    It's just another example of their bad management. Samsung S4 launches in US this week -- because they had their shit together.

Did you perhaps lose some money betting on BB when they were >$100.? Sure seem to have a hate on...:confused:
  • BlackBerry has made so many mistakes. Taking forever to launch OS 10 being one of them. They let another year go by and missed several key shipping dates putting the "final touches" on their new OS. They launch first in the smaller markets (Canada is only 10% of the US population) and overseas and then hold the US launch until later in the year? How does that make sense? I don't understand that strategy. That either means they aren't projecting very strong US sales or their manufacturing capacity isn't up to the task.

Perhaps if they pulled their heads out of their a$$es and looked around, they might be in better shape. During their fall, Android has capitalized and taken the majority of the market and Samsung ridden this wave to number one phone manufacturer.