BB10, RIM and the future

Comments

• costanza wrote: »
    Dump dump dump!!

So descriptive of most of your posts.

Biggest thing with RiM, as stated, is the encryption. As privacy and security become bigger issues in the years to come, this aspect will become more and more of a "feature" for ALL consumers.
  • compuease wrote: »
    What an uniformed decision........ You have inside info again?

Yep, read it (incorrectly) on a note he found under a cushion while moving a cou... Oh wait. That's out of bounds right? Reported.
  • Yep, read it (incorrectly) on a note he found under a cushion while moving a cou... Oh wait. That's out of bounds right? Reported.

Noted... You are on notice..
  • Reporting both of you clowns :mad:
  • I'm saying dump rim stock because they suck

Days of them being innovative and a leader in the technology industry are overz
    Reporting both of you clowns :mad:

I noted that . . . and confirmed it by thinking about it.
    I'm saying dump rim stock because they suck

Days of them being innovative and a leader in the technology industry are overz

Educated informed opinion, or just shit disturbing and attention mongering?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Educated informed opinion, or just shit disturbing and attention mongering?

Everything i state is educated and informed.
  • lol, I don't think I have a comeback for that...:bs:
  • Declerate in this thread.

Declerate and off track.. :(

:o
    :o

I've added this to my vocabulary list. Minus the reference. It's got a nice ring.
    Everything i state is educated and informed.

Maybe, but 99% of what you POST is pure crap.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Maybe, but 99% of what you POST is pure crap.

Speaking of declerates...
  • RIM today releases the new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 for download, and so begins the real road back for RIM. This is the make it or break it and everyone in the "real know" is quite aware (as opposed to someone on here who has no real declerate knowledge :)). If this goes well we could see RIM at $30. by year end which would make this poster very happy... Back when I opened this thread I would have been very happy with $20.
    RIM up from a low of $6. to $17.80 (up 290%) not long before then and Apple down from $700. to $450. (down 36%) since.

Not saying I told you so as this is not over, just the first chapter in a big book. RIM will have some bumps and Apple will do some recovering but it is nol longer the tech darling... This has the feel of a Microsoft vs IBM battle of the 80's..
  • I don't think that you can compare BB to Microsoft or IBM, but I get what you mean
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I don't think that you can compare BB to Microsoft or IBM, but I get what you mean

I think you mean you can't compare them from a size perspective but Microsoft was not that big in the early 80's.. Actually this is not about size, Apple has matured similar to what IBM had done by that point. IBM moved into the home market (PC's) with much smaller margins, more competition.. Apple is moving into the smaller cheaper, lower end market with similar results. RIM is reinventing itself similarly to what IBM did in the 90's. I could write a book about that..:) To me (I may be wrong) it looks like a comparable path although of different scales.
  • I still have my Apple shares, unfortunately, and wouldn't count them out of the game just yet. Some product sales are declining but they are still growing each quarter in terms of sales and make some of the best products on the planet. RIM is rising on future prospects whereas Apple is declining on future prospects. The outcome is still uncertain for both. May be a good time to buy some Apple.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    RIM is rising on future prospects whereas Apple is declining on future prospects. The outcome is still uncertain for both. May be a good time to buy some Apple.

Agreed... Interesting to speculate huh..?
  • Apple is the next Nortel.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Apple is the next Nortel.

You can't be serious.
  • You're right. It is no more the next Nortel than is RIM.
  • Nobody stays on top forever . . . Apple is due for a haircut, it's just a question of how short the cut.
  • if the new launch doesn't go well, RIM will sink. Off $2 in the last couple days. I say sell enough shares to only keep your net exposure to your profit so far. Doesn't matter what this new phone can do, it will still get hammered by some analysts.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Apple is the next Nortel.

At least Apple is making $$$ whereas Nortel was losing money for years before it finally failed.
  • I over heard my cousin tell my aunt this morning, that hes interested in investing in RIM in the near future

i almost had a heart attack
    I over heard my cousin tell my aunt this morning, that hes interested in investing in RIM in the near future

i almost had a heart attack

It might be a bargain or too expensive by Friday.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    It might be a bargain or too expensive by Friday.

Yep, methinks that it will likely be volatile short term..

Another pretty well written article from today..

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1321378--blackberry-10-7-reasons-to-believe-in-rim-olive
  • I heard RIM or now Blackberry shares dropped 12% as BB10 failed to excite investors

The close: RIM shares pounded as BB10 fails to excite investors http://bit.ly/14wAepr From @MarketBlog