nsh to crush playoffs

Comments

• kings in 6, st louis in 4, phx in 7, preds in 6, rangers in 4, boston in 5, pitts in 6, nj in 7

Stop hanging out with Darb while he's grinding. The fumes are going to your head.
  • I actually like the LA pick, that's really the only West series where the underdog has a goalie who can flat out steal a series.

I honestly can't pick a team in the West where there isn't a legit argument for them making the conference finals. Can't say that for the East, where I really can't buy into a final that doesn't include two of NYR/Bos/Pitt
  • Boston is the easiest of those picks to make it. I can see some sort of Torts explosion derailing the Rangers, and Pitt, though they fared well without Sid this season, I am just too leery of if they get by Philly. That series is going to be TOUGH.

*edit* - Changed bolded to correct my earlier typo. I think Torts will have a melt-down somewhere in the series that blows up the Rangers real good.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Boston is the easiest of those picks to make it. Cannot see some sort of Torts explosion derailing the Rangers, and Pitt, though they fared well without Sid this season, I am just too leery of if they get by Philly. That series is going to be TOUGH.

Rangers is the easiest to get in by far! I hate the rangers but imo they are favourites to win the cup. Be shocked if they don't get to the east final. Also have NJ getting there in a pool. They have an offence that they haven't had in years and brodeur.....no need to say more there. haha
  • so i got mike g for $100. t8 for $100 and kwsteve for $10

Is this just a bet against nsh? So Detroit doesn't have to win?
  • Rangers is the easiest to get in by far! I hate the rangers but imo they are favourites to win the cup. Be shocked if they don't get to the east final. Also have NJ getting there in a pool. They have an offence that they haven't had in years and brodeur.....no need to say more there. haha

Yeah I see those 4 teams into the second round with NYR-Pitt in the final. At that point probably just a matter of who is more healthy, and if the Pens have to go through Philly and Boston that could be ugly
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    I actually like the LA pick, that's really the only West series where the underdog has a goalie who can flat out steal a series.

I honestly can't pick a team in the West where there isn't a legit argument for them making the conference finals. Can't say that for the East, where I really can't buy into a final that doesn't include two of NYR/Bos/Pitt

Totally not a shot at the Kings, as I agree 100% about Quick. They just don't have the depth or experience needed and the Canucks are still pretty pissed about last June.

My only hope is that when they make the finals again this year, the fans behave better at the end of the series or they play it in Victoria instead.
  • literation wrote: »
    Is this just a bet against nsh? So Detroit doesn't have to win?

against Det lol when nsh crushes detroit ill be happy to bet the next series too lol
  • against Det lol when nsh crushes detroit ill be happy to bet the next series too lol

It would help if I read, thought you were picking nsh to win it all at 1:1
  • anyone who wants to buy out now ill let you for 85% :P
  • SK was noticed once streaking in on a breakaway on a beauty pass and once as he was watching Holmstrom from behind as he scored the second Wings goal.. AK actually seemed OK with a few quick release shots including one Howard just got a piece of. Got a long way to go before they're considered difference makers imo.

Hornqvist, Bourque, Gaustad and Spaling (ex Listowel Cyclone/Kitchener Ranger) were beasts. Those are the guys who took over game 1.
  • ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm think your forgetting someone.....hmmmm maybe RINNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol I think RINNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE took over game 1 lol
  • ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm think your forgetting someone.....hmmmm maybe RINNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol I think RINNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE took over game 1 lol

Umm, Rinne is a given. If he doesn't play like that they have no chance.....even if they had 5 tits brothers.
  • Helm's gone and that hurts detroit a tonne, lets keep it going Nashville so I scoop my pool!
  • Umm, Rinne is a given. If he doesn't play like that they have no chance.....even if they had 5 tits brothers.

Normally I would agree with that, but thats not the case as much as it use to be. Last year they won the first round while rinne wasnt playing at his best. Also AK played amazing last night, was all over the ice playing on both sides of the puck. Definatly a big contributer in last nights win.
  • anyone who wants to buy out now ill let you for 85% :P

GFYS imo

Didn't watch the whole game, but the highlights seemed to indicate the Wings forgot to pay off the refs......amirite?
  • Normally I would agree with that, but thats not the case as much as it use to be. Last year they won the first round while rinne wasnt playing at his best. Also AK played amazing last night, was all over the ice playing on both sides of the puck. Definatly a big contributer in last nights win.

Sure, and ice cream isn't as cold as it used to be, and water isn't as wet as it used to be.

Well, I'll have to pay attention to the "all over the ice board" next time instead of the scoreboard.
  • Sure, and ice cream isn't as cold as it used to be, and water isn't as wet as it used to be.

Well, I'll have to pay attention to the "all over the ice board" next time instead of the scoreboard.

you clearly just have a dislike for the twins. I mean AK played as good as he could've off the scoreboard. Not gonna score goals all the time. He had some good chances and howard made the save. He will end up scoring goals then you will come up with something else bad to say about it, its just the hatred
    I expect from a MTL fan to have for him.
  • you clearly just have a dislike for the twins. I mean AK played as good as he could've off the scoreboard. Not gonna score goals all the time. He had some good chances and howard made the save. He will end up scoring goals then you will come up with something else bad to say about it, its just the hatred
    I expect from a MTL fan to have for him.

Look, I've watched almost every game he's played in the NHL (AK that is) and maybe my expectations for a first round draft pick with his size and skill were a bit high but I've seen enough. I don't hate anybody and even if I did it wouldn't change the fact that he's an underachiever that takes too many shifts off, does not do anything special in the defensive end and can disappear for long periods of time on offense. He'd be the guy I'd vote most likely to score 2 goals in a 6-2 game......doesn't matter which side. Please continue your love affair with him and his brother if you wish, but to claim my disdain is simply because I'm a short sighted Hab fan is silly.

Go Preds!
  • I predict Burke will sign BOTH of the TITS boys in the off season . . . that's just the Leafs way . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    I predict Burke will sign BOTH of the TITS boys in the off season . . . that's just the Leafs way . . .

NOTHING would make me happier.
  • Look, I've watched almost every game he's played in the NHL (AK that is) and maybe my expectations for a first round draft pick with his size and skill were a bit high but I've seen enough. I don't hate anybody and even if I did it wouldn't change the fact that he's an underachiever that takes too many shifts off, does not do anything special in the defensive end and can disappear for long periods of time on offense. He'd be the guy I'd vote most likely to score 2 goals in a 6-2 game......doesn't matter which side. Please continue your love affair with him and his brother if you wish, but to claim my disdain is simply because I'm a short sighted Hab fan is silly.

Go Preds!

I never claimed that wasn't true for when he was a hab. Im talking about playoff game #1.....as i said you will always be able to see the negative of his as he let you down as a hab. I point out what he did great in game 1 and you blow right by that comment and go to his past as a hab. Fact is game #1 he played great.
  • ooooo hello AK......what was wrong with that goal HM? waiting to here it haha
  • Great shot by AK.

Down 3-1. Again I say this team is Rinne.

EDIT: You do realize he was a #10 overall pick in one of the most talent laden drafts ever and has never scored more than 17 even strength goals in a season. How can you argue that he's been an underachiever?
  • Great shot by AK.

Down 3-1. Again I say this team is Rinne.

EDIT: You do realize he was a #10 overall pick in one of the most talent laden drafts ever and has never scored more than 17 even strength goals in a season. How can you argue that he's been an underachiever?

when have i ever argued that point?
  • jdAA88: Look at my team.

me: ugh AK

You: the Kostitsyns are great it was Montreal that sucks

me: no, SK has been good since becoming a Pred, AK has sucked for too many years to believe his 18 game sample size means he's good now.

you: he was all over the ice, great contributor...you're just a hater hab fan.

me: Hab fan yes, also hockey fan. Rinne is the key to Preds. Third line won it the other night no matter how much ice AK covered.

you: Rinne doesn't have to carry this team on his back anymore because the tits brothers are here.

me: sigh
  • Nashville second goal comes with great effort low from Gaustad and Spaling again. Funny but I bet they both have half the ice time the tits brothers have. (Trotz dropped the ball in this game) Also funny how the CBC announcers point out how AK was on the ice for the goal.....had nothing to do with it really but I guess BTP isn't the only fanboy.

EDIT: Radulov looks like he's ready to explode. Incredible effort in the first two games.
  • jdAA88: Look at my team.

me: ugh AK

You: the Kostitsyns are great it was Montreal that sucks

me: no, SK has been good since becoming a Pred, AK has sucked for too many years to believe his 18 game sample size means he's good now.

you: he was all over the ice, great contributor...you're just a hater hab fan.

me: Hab fan yes, also hockey fan. Rinne is the key to Preds. Third line won it the other night no matter how much ice AK covered.

you: Rinne doesn't have to carry this team on his back anymore because the tits brothers are here.

me: sigh

lol really know how to twist words.....never said that he didn't under achieve in his CAREER, never said that rinne doesn't have to carry because of them, I clearly just pointed out that in game 1. AK played great! lol
  • can we get back to topic please......series is pretty much over......BTP, if u want to ship early, fine by me