Who Is Going To The 2012 WSOP and What Do You Plan On Playing?

Comments

• Might do 4-5 days around the same time you guys are there, and then back for the ME after or something.
  • I don't have exact dates defined yet, but have started to do some searching on flights. The cheapest I have found for Ottawa departures is about $513 for June 20 - 27, which is Ottawa-Detroit-Vegas. If I want to connect via Toronto, it will be closer to $580.

For the sake of a few bucks, I will first pick the best dates based on events and work... Then find the best flight options for those dates. I like an early morning flight so you can land and be checked into your hotel by early afternoon. It feels like you are saving a travel day.
  • marban wrote: »
    well, im old and its affordable...so the senior event looks good...and maybe smaller buy ins at Caesars..

I'll be playing in the Senior event this year as well. This will be my third crack at this sucker - hopefully I'll last more than just one break this time!

Heading down on the 13th and the wife will be joining me on the weekend so I'll have to get most of my poker out of the way early on. Probably play a Deepstack event at the V and might even consider the Senior event at the Nugget on the 16th if I don't survive day 1 of the WSOP Senior.

Hey Comp, you going down this year?
  • bonk for updates...can we get a summary of who is going when, staying where and playing what?
  • I think most, if not all of the OPT farm is staying the last 2 weeks in june on varying dates @ the rio, the beast they call BTP is staying a month I believe at the same location...
  • If I get the new (to us) house renos finished by then I will hopefully be going down for a few days at the end of June..will see how badly I have beaten the bank account!
  • I'll be down May 24 - June 3rd for a pool tourney. Will be mixing in tourneys at Venetian and other series, but probably no WSOP events due to them not starting until the 28th this year.
  • Booking June 20-29th ish before this weekend is done.

Will hang with the kids mostly but going to set Jonswife up with ~ 5k; One $230 a day plus $350 for cash games and see how we make out (will actually be in vegas 7 days, one day travel each way)

Staying at the RIO
  • Looking more and more like 23-27 right now for part 1
  • Heading down on the 13th for a week. Staying at the Venetian (wife's comps mostly - she'll be joining me on the weekend). Hope to play one or two Deep Stacks, WSOP Senior, and possibly the seniors at the GN and Venetian.
  • Booked to go Sunday June 17 to Sunday June 24. Probably playing Event 38. Also going to check out the Senior's event at the Venetian on June 18 and the deepstack at Binion's on June 22 (unless I'm still in #38 which would be amazing). Filling in the rest of the days with the dailies at Aria, Venetian or Rio. Staying at the Flamingo.
  • If you're booking a hotel room and don't have enough points to get your rooms comped (like me), look for the deals at the individual website, not the links from wsop.com. I got an upgrade at the Flamingo on the Go Deluxe room with a 20% discount that comes to $572 for the week. The link from the wsop.com site puts the same room at $900 for the week.
  • Cheap $200~ round trip flights out of Buffalo available for anyone looking to go
  • It looks like I'm going to be in Vegas in late May and will definitely be playing a bunch of tourneys, however seeing as this is the only time I have to go it looks like I will be missing anything for the WSOP. So I was wondering if anyone can recommend some of the dailies or know of anything else I should look to play during that time? I up for anything from $50 - $500, want to plan my trip around these a bit.

P.S.... there will likely be a BAP for this ;).
  • Anyone want to room chop something decent from 19-22?

Ive lost my Total Rewards card and cant get it back until I go to a harrahs property so I have to book "full" price.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Anyone want to room chop something decent from 19-22?

Ive lost my Total Rewards card and cant get it back until I go to a harrahs property so I have to book "full" price.

Just phone the reservation number and give them your DL# they can look you up in the system
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    Just phone the reservation number and give them your DL# they can look you up in the system

Oh nice! The TotalRewards website says you cant get the number through email or phone. Is erryone staying at Rio?
    Oh nice! The TotalRewards website says you cant get the number through email or phone. Is erryone staying at Rio?

Yeah, when you call they will look you up and tell you what comps you have, but will not give you your number.
  • its been a goal/dream of mine to play a WSOP event

if things go well, I hope to make it down this summer and play a 1k or 1.5K just to pop my cherry and be the happiest dude alive, as lame as that sounds

Yes I am pretty sure the majority of us are staying at the rio
    Anyone want to room chop something decent from 19-22?

might be able to do 18-21 but won't know til this weekend
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    might be able to do 18-21 but won't know til this weekend

ok, in b4 balla suite.
    ok, in b4 balla suite.

any info about good tournies other than WSOP during those dates?

I think Vdeep, caesars classic and binions are all running same time. Steve posted a google calendar somewhere.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f10/other-events-during-wsop-27688/

and tempted...
  • costanza wrote: »
    its been a goal/dream of mine to play a WSOP event

if things go well, I hope to make it down this summer and play a 1k or 1.5K just to pop my cherry and be the happiest dude alive, as lame as that sounds

not lame, do it

IMO it's all about wsop and vdse. The others should be a backup plan, or if you only want or have time for a small tourney
  • POsted this in the B&M thread as well

Just got an email from Caesars Entertainment. Promotion on for May and June using these codes:

MAY: LVM8BTV61 | JUNE: LVM8BTV62

eg. Flamingo $87 per night for the weekend but the weekdays are free.