Double Dip With West Side Poker Club

Comments

• We've already got 33 for the NLHE. It looks like there will be four or five tables.

Just outta curiousity, will there be one card masseur per table or shall I have to take my turn dealing? My deck handling skills are fairly poor. When I play local games it's usually the deftest card handler who does all the dealing.
  • We've already got 33 for the NLHE. It looks like there will be four or five tables.

Just outta curiousity, will there be one card masseur per table or shall I have to take my turn dealing? My deck handling skills are fairly poor. When I play local games it's usually the deftest card handler who does all the dealing.

WWPC usually averages between 60-80 players per tournament. I'm not sure why sign-ups are so low this time around, although there is still plenty of tome for people to sign up.

Dealers are provided and play in the tournament at the same time.
  • A couple of questions, although it's probably too early to ask them:

First, how long are the two tourneys expected to run, and how late will the cash table be open? I've gotta think of being able to catch the last GO Bus from Bramalea station to Toronto (or perhaps the last Greyhound out of Kitchener).

Second, should I bring sandwiches and a bottle of cola, or is there a way to obtain food and light drink?

Muchos gracias. :)
  • A couple of questions, although it's probably too early to ask them:

First, how long are the two tourneys expected to run, and how late will the cash table be open? I've gotta think of being able to catch the last GO Bus from Bramalea station to Toronto (or perhaps the last Greyhound out of Kitchener).

Second, should I bring sandwiches and a bottle of cola, or is there a way to obtain food and light drink?

Muchos gracias. :)

Think I can answer this, (no matter what the blinds are. :p ). I mighta been to a couple of them in previous years.

The NL one will end 11 pm'ish depending on # of entries and whether or not there is a chop. Cash may run a little longer if demand is there.
    No food there other than chips/pop/water. Usually some ppl run into town during dinner break. Some people bring food/drinks in a cooler bag.
  • The last Greyhound out of Kitchener on that day is 10:15 pm and the last GO Bus out of Bramalea station is 11:50 pm. If I do well in the tournament or at the cash tables it looks like I'll be taking a taxi home. :(
  • Or you could just discuss it with your tour operator . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Or you could just discuss it with your tour operator . . .

:) Sure, as long as my schedule isn't cramping your style.
  • The last Greyhound out of Kitchener on that day is 10:15 pm and the last GO Bus out of Bramalea station is 11:50 pm. If I do well in the tournament or at the cash tables it looks like I'll be taking a taxi home. :(

You should be done by 4pm, no issues..;)
  • compuease wrote: »
    You should be done by 4pm, no issues..;)

:) Thanks for the vote of confidence.
  • :) Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Hey, I've finished earlier than that before...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Hey, I've finished earlier than that before...

In the cash game, no less . . . :D
  • Last couple of tournaments the host has gone out and bought those $5 pizzas from Little Caesars.
  • :) Sure, as long as my schedule isn't cramping your style.

He has no style to cramp. :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    He has no life. :D

Fixed it for you . . .
  • I got a little lost last time, so if someone has precise direction from the GTA and could PM them to me, I promise to fold the first hand against you ;-)
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Last couple of tournaments the host has gone out and bought those $5 pizzas from Little Caesars.

In a previous life I drove delivery for Little Caesars in Oakville. Always loved the square meatsas, even though we weren't allowed to refer to them as square.

I'm open to chipping in for Little Caesar's pizza should someone with a car be interesting in making a run for it at dinner break.

If I'm bringing a cooler of pop, I thought I might bring along a couple of Heineken bottles as well. What's the etiquette at Westside--do we have to share our booze?
  • What's the etiquette at Westside--do we have to share our booze?

You must share your booze with anyone who has over 6K posts.

It's the law. Check it out.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    You must share your booze with anyone who has over 6K posts.

It's the law. Check it out.

Read the regs again, Johnnie. Booze sharing is required only with elite members who have over 6,500 posts. You'll get there one day, I am sure.
    Read the regs again, Johnnie. Booze sharing is required only with elite members who have over 6,500 posts. You'll get there one day, I am sure.

I can easily get that done before Aug 13.
  • Not after I bribe a mod to swing the ban-hammer your way . . .

So forum trolls are rewarded? :D
  • No, but keeping us in free liquor makes us more docile . . .
    No, but keeping us in free liquor makes us more docile . . .

I don't own a straight truck to bring enough free liquor.
  • I don't own a straight truck to bring enough free liquor.
    \

*hic* waaat arre u.....u.....u......insin....insinu...... saying sir ?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    \

You ARE having a good day aren't you?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    \

I'm saying that there are going to be 80 people in the NLHE tourney. :) Never mind a straight truck, I might need a tractor-trailer.

EDIT: I'm joking, of course. I'll be sure to bring a bottle of something nobody will want to drink. :)
  • Unpossible . . . my two favourite drinks are Vodka, and whatever you are willing to give me.
  • I did actually wanted to be signed up for the omaha game, Im thinking its just an oversight.
  • For BR calculation purposes, what are the buyin limits for the cash game?
  • for br calculation purposes, what are the buyin limits for the cash game?

1/2 nl