Double Dip With West Side Poker Club

Comments

• About an hour west of the Big Smoke. More than that I cannot say, but you will enjoy your day, of that you can be assured . . .
  • Put me down tentative for NLHE.....Have plans for cottage one August weekend just not sure which yet lol
  • Interested in only the ring game, depending on blind size and max buyin. If this works for you please let me know and we can make arrangements. (I just joined the forum this morning and don't know where the hall is, either.)
  • Interested in only the ring game, depending on blind size and max buyin. If this works for you please let me know and we can make arrangements. (I just joined the forum this morning and don't know where the hall is, either.)

It's usually 1-2NL. The hall is just outside of Kitchener. You will need a ride or a good pair of shoes.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    It's usually 1-2NL. The hall is just outside of Kitchener. You will need a ride or a good pair of shoes.

I'm having a similar issue with another tourney outside Kitchener. Don't book me unless I come back saying I've got some way to get there. :)
  • Can somebody confirm that i've completely lost my mind? I could have sworn, and by swearing i mean saw and had made plans with the old lady to watch the baby religiously the next two wknds and not complain about going to some strangers wedding where she could mingle and catch up with old friends and i would again, mind our little one because she was giving me the 23RD OF JULY OFF TO PLAY IN THIS.???
    Is this what happens to people with newborns?
  • Yup . . . stops in about 11-13 years though . . . at which point you go from babysitter to cabbie
  • I will just get him a TTC pass...

I seriously thought it was the 23rd of July. Man, im losing it. I even have a friend coming in from halifax on the 22nd and was telling him instead of niagara we will try and get in this game. I haven't even been drinking.

Question Milo: is that a picture of val kilmer as your 'avatar' or whatever its called?
  • No . . . it's a picture from my younger days . . . it was taken at the Stampede, which is why I am using it at the moment. You are not the first to notice the resemblance, though.
  • Thanks to the redoubtable Milo, I now have a ride to the event and am definitely in for the NLHE tourney. (I hate Omaha, so not for that.) I would like to make the cash table as well but am dependent on a ride and need to confirm that I can show up by 10 am.

Thanks Milo. :) Perhaps we could arrange to meet somewhere that's more convenient for you, such as Kitchener Greyhound station. Or if you still want to drive me all the way from Bramalea GO/Bramalea Transit Station, it's up to you. Feel free to PM me to make further arrangements.
  • Bramalea GO station is fine, as I live just up Bramalea Road. I'll pick you up there. I am not terribly worried about getting there early for the cash tables, as there is usually a cash game after sufficient bust outs occur in the tourneys. We can confirm timing a week prior via PM if that suits, no rush. I may have other riders by that time . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Bramalea GO station is fine, as I live just up Bramalea Road. I'll pick you up there. I am not terribly worried about getting there early for the cash tables, as there is usually a cash game after sufficient bust outs occur in the tourneys. We can confirm timing a week prior via PM if that suits, no rush. I may have other riders by that time . . .

be sure to wear pink carnations so that you can identify each other. :D
  • I was thinking of borrowing your rainbow flag, now that the parade is over . . . please launder it to get the icky stuff off it, okay?
    I was thinking of borrowing your rainbow flag, now that the parade is over . . . please launder it to get the icky stuff off it, okay?

I will not wash the memories of our time together away. :(
  • Actually, Milo, I can send my mugshot to your spamcatcher email address if you provide it to me a few days ahead of time. That way you'll recognize me when you see me. But there's still five weeks to go, so no hurry.

TO THE OP: It looks like you can put me down for the NLHE tourney but not the Omaha or the 10 am cash. Later cash, tho, yes.
  • No need, really. I drive a Nissan Cube. You'll know it when you see it. I'll send you a PM a week before the tourney . . .
  • What in blue blazes is a Nissan Cube? But thanks for the info.
  • Nissan Cube Pic

Borg-ship.jpg
  • Tent me for the omaha game please, have to find out if the wife is working, and the address PM'd also to be sure it will run 2-3 days before the start, not driving it then finding out its not on
  • What in blue blazes is a Nissan Cube? But thanks for the info.

Slighty more than a DrTyoremobile....
  • getem76 wrote: »
    Tent me for the omaha game please, have to find out if the wife is working, and the address PM'd also to be sure it will run 2-3 days before the start, not driving it then finding out its not on
    To my knowledge we have not had a Westside get cancelled ever before... And there have been lots of them over the years. Do you know something we don't?
  • compuease wrote: »
    To my knowledge we have not had a Westside get cancelled ever before... And there have been lots of them over the years. Do you know something we don't?

He was referring to Omaha needing 20 players to run.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    He was referring to Omaha needing 20 players to run.

Ah yes.. You may be right... I think it'll run, we had 29 on Friday at the Cave for NL Omaha high.
  • Thanks, I guess i was unclear....I wasnt implying the whole thing....I heard the cave actually was alright even, if/when it runs again I will show for it
  • A friend gave me a photo of an actual Nissan Cube. No offense to Milo, but it makes me think of a hearse. (Cue eerie music here.)
    Bramalea GO station is fine, as I live just up Bramalea Road. I'll pick you up there. I am not terribly worried about getting there early for the cash tables, as there is usually a cash game after sufficient bust outs occur in the tourneys. We can confirm timing a week prior via PM if that suits, no rush. I may have other riders by that time . . .

Milo..., u have room for one more?!?!?
  • Hi, I note I'm not on the list. Have I been uninvited?
  • Hi, I note I'm not on the list. Have I been uninvited?

This is at a hall, no one gets uninvited. The op likely hasn't been on in awhile. Patience.
  • MCflip73 wrote: »
    Milo..., u have room for one more?!?!?

Sure, usual rules apply . . . :D
  • Nice conversation in the thread, West Side has never cancelled an event. I am pretty sure the Omaha event will happen if we get a full table but 20 players or close to it will be a nice live event.

Brent