NEW RC X discussion thread... Date is set for Oct 15th, same Milton location.

Comments

• After 1st round

Kit Who - 71
    Top Set - 64
    Centre of the Universe - 63
    HBK - 57
    Simcoe - 50
    Rocks - 47
    Fish - 41
    Ching - 39

Very noisy with DrTyore, Happy and Haddon... :)
  • Thanks Comp. Knew we could count on you. How many drunkards thus far?

Mark, obviously.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Ching - 39

hahahahahahaha!
    Very noisy with DrTyore, Happy and Haddon... :)

Double hahahahaha.
  • After two rounds

Top Set 134
    Kit Who 132
    Simcoe Poker 115
    Center of Univ. 106
    HBK 103
    Ching Hill 96
    Fish 91
    Milton Rocks 87
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    After two rounds

Top Set 134
    Kit Who 132
    Simcoe Poker 115
    Center of Univ. 106
    HBK 103
    Ching Hill 96
    Fish 91
    Milton Rocks 87

Nice jump, Ching Hill!

Rocks, what happened to Home Field advantage?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Nice jump, Ching Hill!

Wasn't good enough though. We certainly had a very disappointing first round, made some up in the limit round, split the no limit round and did really well in headsup, but alas...it wasn't enough to get in the money.

VERY tight race though. I think first and sixth was only separated by like 25pts!!

Great day, and thanks to everyone who help make it a great event!! Very well organized, and very well run.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Wasn't good enough though. We certainly had a very disappointing first round, made some up in the limit round, split the no limit round and did really well in headsup, but alas...it wasn't enough to get in the money.

VERY tight race though. I think first and sixth was only separated by like 25pts!!

Great day, and thanks to everyone who help make it a great event!! Very well organized, and very well run.

Might have helped if you played with 8 players instead of 6.

#wetts1012 #blackmagicz #fishcakes
    Nice jump, Ching Hill!

Rocks, what happened to Home Field advantage?

Just too far behind after round 2... Limit is the devil! We couldn't make it up despite a good NL round and exceptional (6-2) HU we finished a poor 5th although it was very close for the top 6.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I meant Milo :D

HOLY HELL . . . he actually DID mean Milo. ^-^

Once again proving that the Royal Cup is more than just a test of poker skill.

Many thanks to all who organized this great day of poker.Will post more, but I am bushed. Special thanks to the Ninja for the cookie . . .
  • Great day of poker, would have been better if I could play limit. I'll have to practice up for next year. Very well organized and everyone behaved themselves (for the most part).

It went right down to the wire. Very exciting.
  • Final team scores..

Simcoe - 233
    Top Set - 223
    Kit Who - 216
    HBK - 215
    Rocks - 209
    Ching - 206
    Centre of U - 168
    Fish - 146

MVP

Itsame Mario - 49 HBK
    Big Mike Shaun - 49 Kit Who
  • Took a page from the Book of Wetts ... Play bad. Run Good, :)
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Might have helped if you played with 8 players instead of 6.

#wetts1012 #blackmagicz #fishcakes

First time at Royal....things I learned today:

1. Stud is a game where if you are the bring in 90% of the time it makes it hard to keep your chips.

2. Limit is a game where everyone at your table complains about having to play limit, but then proceeds to win

3. No limit is a game where pot odds and suited cards are very important and no matter what position you are in, how much the bet is, if there is more than 4 people in the hand you automatically have the odds. Also calling all ins for 50% of your stack with hands like QJ Q10 KJ are decisions.

4. Heads up is a game that requires you to truly have a great read on your opponent and if you flop the 2nd nut flush on the turn you can fold when you think your opponent has made the ace high flush on the turn as well and pushes all in when first to act.

Overall my results were horrid but had a great time and hopefully when I read Wetts book about how he made 4 final tables today including HU in one of them I can come back and play better.

But then again I should just play like Angel as she seems to know what team to play on and how to be consistent.
  • Overall my results were horrid but had a great time and hopefully when I read Wetts book about how he made 4 final tables today including HU in one of them I can come back and play better.

Yes, Im pleased with my day. Making 4 final tables in a day is quite a feat.

And even though I only got HU in one of them, Im ok with a 7th, 7th, and 8th.
  • Another awesome Royal Cup! Never would I ever have considered it possible that I might even contend for MVP, let alone win (co-MVP with Mario).
    It would have been great for KitWho? to repeat but it wasn't to be this year as we just managed to hold on to 3rd by a point.

Big thanks to all who make this great event happen.
  • How many drunkards thus far?

Mark, obviously.

Two fisting at 10:00 a.m., broken bottle by 10:10 a.m. . . . foghorn impersonation by 10:45 . . . hugs and kisses by 9:00 p.m. - standard Drtyore

Only one "over-refreshed" attendee. And, of course, Happy . . . you really need to get down for one of these, Bill.
  • The Royal cup was amazing. My team can't wait for the next one! Anyone free next weekend? Thanks to the organizers, you guys did an amazing job.
    Final team scores..

Simcoe - 233
    Top Set - 223
    Kit Who - 216
    HBK - 215
    Rocks - 209
    Ching - 206
    Centre of U - 168
    Fish - 146

MVP

Itsame Mario - 49 HBK
    Big Mike Shaun - 49 Kit Who

Once again I'm shocked that HBK bubbled by one point. Seems like this happens every time.

Oh wait, it does!
  • Going into headsup play, I have to say this was one of the tightest RC races I can remember. There really was no dominating team by the start of NL play, and it took every single HU game to decide the winners.
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    The Royal cup was amazing. My team can't wait for the next one! Anyone free next weekend? Thanks to the organizers, you guys did an amazing job.

I think if the Royal could secure a hockey arena we could fill it. Every new team comes away saying the same things, especially when they pull down some cash, as the Simcoe crew did yesterday. Well done.
    Once again I'm shocked that HBK bubbled by one point. Seems like this happens every time.

Oh wait, it does!

Ya. If I don't dirty Pudge hand-after-hand-after-hand ... when we got to HU in the NLHE round, you guys would have cashed. :D
  • Milo wrote: »
    I think if the Royal could secure a hockey arena we could fill it. Every new team comes away saying the same things, especially when they pull down some cash, as the Simcoe crew did yesterday. Well done.

It would be nice even to do a banquet hall, we do them here in toronto for 10-12 table tournaments. Basically the extra 20-30 bucks goes to the hall and a nice buffet lunch.

I know it was my first time and it's probably been looked at, but I really think if you promote it the right way (say its a stag and/or no rake) and even put a charity element to it you should be ok. I would be willing to source out some places in the same area if requested.
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    The Royal cup was amazing. My team can't wait for the next one! Anyone free next weekend? Thanks to the organizers, you guys did an amazing job.
    Milo wrote: »

And this is how we "hook" the rookie teams... give them a little taste of victory then snag em for life... Of course it becomes almost impossible to repeat... Remember the Fish? Dominant for the 1st couple then nada since.
    There is method to the organizers madness... :)
  • Well, there is no rake, and promotion should be a breeze . . . there are some issues that become more pronounced if the event expands (the allergy issue, for one), but I think the core group of "assistants" would be willing to step up. I like where we are now, both literally and figuratively, but would love to see the Royal Cup expand.
    And this is how we "hook" the rookie teams... give them a little taste of victory then snag em for life... Of course it becomes almost impossible to repeat... Remember the Fish? Dominant for the 1st couple then nada since.
    There is method to the organizers madness... :)

Haha! we'll see.
  • It would be nice even to do a banquet hall, we do them here in toronto for 10-12 table tournaments. Basically the extra 20-30 bucks goes to the hall and a nice buffet lunch.

I know it was my first time and it's probably been looked at, but I really think if you promote it the right way (say its a stag and/or no rake) and even put a charity element to it you should be ok. I would be willing to source out some places in the same area if requested.

It could be done but $30. extra on top of a $50. buyin would be a little extreme... Then what would we do about the liquor issue? Another issue would be the spreadsheet scoring. Currently I think it handles 10 teams so would have to be redone. g2 or Pinhead would have to comment on that.
    When we had it in Ktch we had 10 teams and that works ok and we even handles the stud (max 8 handed) issue but going beyond that would really mean a big rework. I would like a bigger venue but no one wants to donate it.
    This one only costs $50. which I fund but most larger venues are looking for $250. and up.

We also have a few guys that really need to keep a low profile for various reasons...
    This one only costs $50. which I fund but most larger venues are looking for $250. and up.

Did not know that.

Thanks
  • Note I have 1 black plastic cash box left plus one of AJ's chairs (the one with the rip in the seat). Not sure but think the cash box may be DataMn's.
  • I believe that it is . . .