NEW RC X discussion thread... Date is set for Oct 15th, same Milton location.

Discuss at will...

Comments

• Personally I hope this doesn't work for the majority of us, as I can't make this date.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Personally I hope this doesn't work for the majority of us, as I can't make this date.

You do realize I suggested this date a month ago and there were no negative voices... Now I booked it and.......

Re-arrange whatever else you have...
  • i will have to get into the next one, so be it....sounds like everyone enjoys and its a great time, but the weekend before my real wedding im unsure....someone wants to tell my wife that its "the royal cup" that would be great....none the less do enjoy everyone!
  • Why are we waiting until October for the next Royal?

If October 15th stands, I can not make it.

/g2
  • g2 wrote: »
    Why are we waiting until October for the next Royal?

If October 15th stands, I can not make it.

/g2

Because we didn't have a place to hold it on the May date we had, no one seemed to want to reschedule before the fall, so I suggested this date and no one objected after a few weeks so I booked it.
  • Obviously this won't help for this year, but maybe for 2012 and beyond:

Has it ever been proposed that the RC be held on fixed dates? Like, say, the first Saturday in May and the third Saturday in October?
    Then there wouldn't be the whole scheduling issue - those would be the dates and if you can't make it, you just can't make it.
    Only problem would be that if you wanted it to be in March or April then Easter weekend would occasionally conflict.

Just a thought.

S
  • Big Mike wrote: »
    Obviously this won't help for this year, but maybe for 2012 and beyond:

Has it ever been proposed that the RC be held on fixed dates? Like, say, the first Saturday in May and the third Saturday in October?
    Then there wouldn't be the whole scheduling issue - those would be the dates and if you can't make it, you just can't make it.
    Only problem would be that if you wanted it to be in March or April then Easter weekend would occasionally conflict.

Just a thought.

S

This would be difficult to do as it depends on what location we can get and when. I had thought and been told that if we schedule it far enough ahead it shouldn't be an issue. This date was picked a month ago and that's about 7 months notice... If that's not good enough so be it. Anyone want the job organizing this? I'm beginning to see why Pokerdro gave it up.:(

The date stands as Oct 15th, unless someone else would like to find a new location and organize. Volunteers step to the front of the line...
  • 15/10/2011 works fine, comp.
  • good news!

I

can

play!

Woo-hoo!
  • Great news for KitWho? ;)
    JohnnieH wrote: »
    good news!

I

can

play!

Woo-hoo!
  • Great news for all the other teams JohnnieH! :):)
  • bumpo
  • compuease wrote: »
    bumpo

Do I still have a team to play on ? 'cause if I do, I'm in for sure.
  • AJ. Omaha if you want me
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    AJ. Omaha if you want me

IN. Would like to have The Champ too if he's willing.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    IN. Would like to have The Champ too if he's willing.

Ringer! Wait isn't he disqualified now that he's a WSOP Champion!? I'm sure that must be in the small print somewhere.....;)
    Ringer! Wait isn't he disqualified now that he's a WSOP Champion!? I'm sure that must be in the small print somewhere.....;)

He can play of he brings The Bracelet with him.

Yes, I'm a lame fanboy.
  • AJ, I'm in. I've spoken with our ringer and he is in as well
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    AJ, I'm in. I've spoken with our ringer and he is in as well

Other teams are now officially DOOMED!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    He can play of he brings The Bracelet with him.

Yes, I'm a lame fanboy.

for all the lame fanboys, he plans to bring his oversized, wrist fitting chip protector with him.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Other teams are now officially DOOMED!

thanks AJ that you think so highly of my game!! I'll do what i can to make you proud.
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    thanks AJ that you think so highly of my game!! I'll do what i can to make you proud.

He meant Pudge... :)
    He meant Pudge... :)

I meant Milo :D
  • Pudge/Milo.... Deep down i know who he really meant. :)
  • *sniff* you like me . . . you really like me.

Yeah, I know you like the wife's cooking and I'm what you put up with to get it . . . piss off. Oooh, and I wanna see the bracelet, too.
  • HBK will field a team!

Mark
  • Centre of the Universe is in...
  • DarrenA wrote: »
    Centre of the Universe is in...

Glad to see you back Darren, think we have 5 teams so far. Only room for 3 more. You obviously got my email...
  • I have heard from Waltsfriend and since she is in Dubai for this and says that Kristy is in Minnesota the Top Set will sit this one out. If any of the rest of the ladies want to set up a team please let me know...
  • We're still down two teams from last event, Misfits and Top Set. Anyone interested in organizing another team?