NEW RC X discussion thread... Date is set for Oct 15th, same Milton location.

Comments

• JohnnieH wrote: »
    Great, can I be the HBK captain?

haha... what, I can't double table it? ;)

Don't worry my friend... we've got out 8 methinks.

Mark
  • well doesn’t look like you guys are willing to have A10 out
    look, you know full well I said any of you or anyone else are welcome.. It's just the shameless self promoting types that are not. If he wants to tone it down several notches and "act" somewhat normal, even A10 is welcome. However as for entering a team, we are sold out as usual.

oh, and why not just be your own man instead of being A10's lackey?;)
  • I am trying to get in all on my own as a free agent!
  • I am trying to get in all on my own as a free agent!

And that's what the free agent thread is for, not this one or the Team captains thread.
  • I know sorry compuease.
  • Woohoo! this can't come soon enough! I can't wait to play some black jack!
  • We're only 11 days away and no chatter... What IS this world coming to?
  • Anyone wanna play the Brantford 150 Bounty with me the next day?
  • compuease wrote: »
    We're only 11 days away and no chatter... What IS this world coming to?

I was wondering that myself. I gotta say I'm pumped to come back and help KitWho? repeat as champions!
  • Ok, some info I have posted previously for the 2010 edition. It still applies..

Be aware this is a private condominium rec center in the middle of a residential area about 400M from a police station so please be respectful of the area. We can drink but please keep that inside so as not to attract more attention than necessary.

Please use the rear patio for smoking as we don't want 30-40 ppl at a time standing out front during breaks. Just don't want to attract too much attention.

As for parking there is on street parking but I estimate there will be approx 40 cars to park. There is also a 3 hr max parking here so use disgression. It is rarely enforced but every now and then they run a blitz here (whenever town officials need more money). If you don't want to take any chances you can park in the mall parking lot which is only 200M away. Royal officials take no responsibility for tickets or bad beats laid on you by the Rocks.

It will be tight with having 64 participants in the rec center so be glad it's not going to be very warm outside.

Please remember the Royal is a nut free zone so please respect that. We have at least 1, and probably more, highly allergic players so please respect that!

Team Captains should be there by 10 for registration, players by 10:30 for rules clarifications, etc. First cards in the air, hopefully by 10:45.

Captains are responsible to collect their teams $400. entry fee and pay ahead of time. If 1 of your teammates is late before the first deal they will be blinded out.

Remember this is not about the $$$, just the bragging rights.

Remember have fun, enjoy, and for god’s sake don't anyone fall off chairs, we have no insurance!

P.S. If anyone spots anything I missed, please let me know.
  • What's the start time for this? Couldn't find this information on a quick skim through the different threads.
  • What's the start time for this? Couldn't find this information on a quick skim through the different threads.

Registration starts at 10, cards fly at 10:45, everyone needs to be there by 10:30 so we can go over rules. It takes quite a while to get everyone registered, high hands and MVP bets done. See the rules thread, I had forgotton to create a new one.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f24/royal-cup-x-rules-thread-26562/
  • HBK is down a member, scrambling for a replacement stud play as we speak

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    HBK is down a member, scrambling for a replacement stud play as we speak

Mark

Blind out is +EV IMO, especially for NLHE. Can't count the number of times I look over to see most of HBK sitting together before first break.

Of course by "look over" I mean "play side games with"
  • No worries..

Spot filled

Mark
    No worries..

Spot filled

Mark

Can you update the team thread with new player so we can add to scoring spreadsheet?
  • Aww.. can't I keep it as a surprise?

Just put "Mystery Member" or something! :P

Mark
    Aww.. can't I keep it as a surprise?

Just put "Mystery Member" or something! :P

Mark

No problem, but who is mystery member replacing? Remember we have to print out all the table sheets and MVP things ahead of time.
  • Oh, right!

Mystery person replaces JohnnieH

Mark
  • Solid looking team that HBK.;)
    Please remember the Royal is a nut free zone so ...

I have to wonder if this rule is going to be properly enforced. I have looked at the team rosters, and I see several nuts still listed.
  • I have to wonder if this rule is going to be properly enforced. I have looked at the team rosters, and I see several nuts still listed.

lol. tis true, tis true... So hows it going Sandy, no thread with a blow by blow trip report yet?
    lol. tis true, tis true... So hows it going Sandy, no thread with a blow by blow trip report yet?

The trip has been great so far. I have a blog with the blow by blow if you are interested sandyindubai | After living my entire life in Ontario, Canada, I am going to live and work in Dubai, U.A.E. for four months. if you are really interested.
  • The trip has been great so far. I have a blog with the blow by blow if you are interested sandyindubai | After living my entire life in Ontario, Canada, I am going to live and work in Dubai, U.A.E. for four months. if you are really interested.

Created thread in Off Topic as this deserves it's own thread for sure. After all, how many of us have done anything like this before.
  • Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt'sss . . . TIME !!!
  • Updates for those of us stuck at home in parenting jail?
    Updates for those of us stuck at home in parenting jail?

... or in the middle east?
    Updates for those of us stuck at home in parenting jail?

Nooooo Johnnie at royal? I will keep you company,lol:wink2:.

HBK better be winning................
  • For those of us that weren't able to attend, I believe we can at least access the results in this thread:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f24/rc-x-results-26557/

Some wee intermittent mid trip reports/anecdotal updates would be nice too though.