Next CPF Vegas trip 2011

Tentatively looking around first 3 weeks of October. Leaning towards one of the earlier weeks if possible. Rooms are reasonable, the Flamingo pool should be open at least the first two weeks, although PH or Rio might be in the mix this time. Daily high still averages in the 80s though the overnight lows are starting to cool off.

With the US$ at a discount, start accumulating your USD now!

In:
1. moose
2. mmoose

Comments

• We are in!!

Wraych really wants to lay by the pool. Does anyone know for sure when they close?
  • ah..... ok...
  • compuease wrote: »
    ah..... ok...

Bring Mary for your 41st Anniversary!

Wraych is super busy after Oct 15, so we also prefer earlier in the month.

Personally I'd prefer to stay on the Strip. Much easier to roll out of bed and go on a walkabout. Not opposed to PH, assuming the pool is open. I'm fine with Flamingo too.

Are we renting a car again?
  • Found this at vegashotelpools.com for the Flamingo

September 5th-October 1st: Water slides open weekends only: 10am-5pm September 5th-October 31st Sunbathing: 9am-5pm Swimming: 9am-5pm October 31st the Lagoon pool will close. Winter hours for Flamingo pool are 10am-4pm, weather permitting.
  • Tentative as always? lol
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Tentative as always? lol
    lol, pay in advance?
  • I will try and make this one. I need to mark it down
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I will try and make this one. I need to mark it down

Joe at the craps table. I want to go to there :)
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Joe at the craps table. I want to go to there :)

Me too.. at that $1. one on the way back from the Hoover.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Me too.. at that $1. one on the way back from the Hoover.

I'm in!
  • Wraych mentioned to me that she wants to take a helicopter ride out to the Grand Canyon.

Just putting that out there.
    Wraych mentioned to me that she wants to take a helicopter ride out to the Grand Canyon.

Just putting that out there.

With or without parachutes?
  • Ok nailed down the dates approx. Leave Tues Sept. 27 or 28 or 29 for one week. Will start checking for flight/room deals.
  • moose wrote: »
    Ok nailed down the dates approx. Leave Tues Sept. 27 or 28 or 29 for one week. Will start checking for flight/room deals.

Wed Sept 28th would be perfect for us. Wraych has a few meetings on the 27th until 9PM that she can't get out of, and we need to find time to get June to her sitter.
  • Effff...got a wedding on Oct 1 to go to
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Effff...got a wedding on Oct 1 to go to

Epic fail for the wedding not already being in Vegas.

More than likely booking the Rio. Right now it shows comps for every day except Fri/Sat ($150 total). Let me know if being off strip totally does not work but our thinking is that we have already done Flamingo and the next nicest pools other than Caesar's is the Rio, plus the rooms are the nicest and if Harrahs sells the Rio then it won't be an option in the future so the time is right to give it a try.
  • Booked. Now to start finding flights.

RIO
    Nightly Rates
    TUE 09/27/11 COMP
    WED 09/28/11 COMP
    THU 09/29/11 COMP
    FRI 09/30/11 $50.00
    SAT 10/01/11 $105.00
    SUN 10/02/11 COMP
    MON 10/03/11 COMP
    TUE 10/04/11 $99.00
    Avg. Per Night$31.75
    Subtotal$254.00*

A deposit of $0.00 has been charged to your credit card to hold your reservation.

It's booked but with a deposit of zero, it's easy to change. :)

Deluxe Studio Suite
    (Your selection)
    Our Deluxe Studio Suite with mountain view offers 1 king bed. Features include floor to ceiling windows, sofa, 32" TV with Pay-Per-View movies, mini bar, in- room safe, iron/board and hairdryer.

RLV_DELUXE.jpg

If you want to go to caesars.com to check out prices, make sure you log in with your TR# and also put in your partner's number as your travelling companion. I didn't get the comp nights until I put in both numbers. Rio was the cheapest option for me other than IP.
  • Preliminary flight info:

YOUR ITINERARY
    TUESDAY - SEPTEMBER 27, 2011
    TIME
    FLIGHT
    Depart: Detroit, MI (DTW) 12:25 PM 411
    Arrive: Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 1:45 PM
    WEDNESDAY - OCTOBER 5, 2011
    TIME
    FLIGHT
    Depart: Las Vegas, NV (LAS) 8:40 AM 188
    Arrive: Detroit, MI (DTW) 3:30 PM
    PURCHASING PRICE
    AIRFARE More Information ► $21800
    TAXES & FEES More Information ► $3740
    TOTAL $25540

BTW tickets were $151 last year but the rooms were $500.
  • Maybe do a Sun-Tues/Wed or something.
  • Book our flights for Wednesday to Wednesday and we'll catch up to you.

Which hotel did you book?
    Book our flights for Wednesday to Wednesday and we'll catch up to you.

Which hotel did you book?

Sorry I realize now it didn't say. I'm booked at the Rio but it's not set in stone. Hotel is the easiest to book because there is no cancellation fee and you can change it anytime up to 48 hrs before. Last year we waited and missed out on most of the comped nights so I jumped on this one. It was the cheapest other than IP and I've always wanted to try it. Make sure you log into Caesars.com with with TR# and put Wraych's card number in as your companion for the best rate.

We are going to try to go Tues to Wed and I figured on exactly what you said above. But we will take whatever flights are the cheapest so that may still work out Wed to Wed. It might take a few months to get a good deal and flights can't be cancelled so better wait a bit anyways for a good deal.

If I intentionally do not log in with my card number it looks like the Rio hasn't started discounting Oct yet, so if you wait a bit, prices will probably come down.
  • I couldn't get the companion code to work. It asks for their zip code? When I tried using our area code it didn't work :(

Best offer I could find was $65/n at The Rio, other than IP.

EDIT: I got the companion code to work. Enter the postal code in lower case letters.

Um...$22/n at the Rio?!
    189388_10150439839820324_684420323_17279094_1007883_n.jpg
  • Damnit! I tried to book the rooms and my CC expires BEFORE the trip, so it won't take my reservation! Any way to get around this?

EDIT: I called the 800 number and talked to a rep at The Rio. Not only did they honour the CC, the w/e rates dropped in price! Online quote was $50 Friday and $105 for Saturday but the phone rep quoted $40/Friday and $95/Saturday! Every other night is COMPED!
  • I probably won't stay a week. I will be in Costa Rica a month before this. Probably hit up a thursday till Monday deal.
    Damnit! I tried to book the rooms and my CC expires BEFORE the trip, so it won't take my reservation! Any way to get around this?

EDIT: I called the 800 number and talked to a rep at The Rio. Not only did they honour the CC, the w/e rates dropped in price! Online quote was $50 Friday and $105 for Saturday but the phone rep quoted $40/Friday and $95/Saturday! Every other night is COMPED!

Grr everyone always manages a better rate than me. Nice score. You must be a sweet talker on the phone (esp. with the wife switching to the Rio). But yeah the original price was the same deal I was offered online. <Crosses fingers for sweet plane deal>
    Grr everyone always manages a better rate than me. Nice score. You must be a sweet talker on the phone (esp. with the wife switching to the Rio). But yeah the original price was the same deal I was offered online. <Crosses fingers for sweet plane deal>

Just lucky! If my CC wasn't about to expire, I would have never called. Hopefully I'm not using my rungood up yet!

Once she found out about the shuttle service to the Strip, she was convinced. Also the price didn't hurt either. Wraych spent about an hour checking out the Rio online, than said "As long as I can crash the Ceasars pool, I don't care where we stay."
  • Wraych found this:

All American Grand Canyon Helicopter Flight with Grand Canyon Landing & Free Limo Upgrade (Helicopter) from All Las Vegas Tours

Take off on our All American Grand Canyon Helicopter Flight, with champagne lunch in the Grand Canyon and free limo hotel transportation. Book now & save $92 per person on our #1 Grand Canyon helicopter tour. Fly to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas by helicopter, soaring over Lake Mead and the mighty Hoover Dam, then land inside the Grand Canyon for a champagne picnic lunch with stunning views. On the return Grand Canyon helicopter flight to Vegas you'll get a fly-over of the world famous Las Vegas Strip! Roundtrip Las Vegas hotel transportation (a free limo upgrade is included), expert in-flight narration & lunch are included.

It's $296 each.
  • Phone in is the way to go!

Apparently the max comped days is 5 so I'm getting 8 nights, 5 comped, same rates as JohnnieH.

Tues Sept. 27 comp
    Wed. Sept. 28 comp
    Thur Sept. 29 comp
    Fri Sept. 30 $40
    Sat Oct. 1 $95
    Sun Oct. 2 $35
    Mon Oct. 3 comp
    Tues Oct. 4 comp

Total $190.40 taxes allin.
    Phone in is the way to go!

Apparently the max comped days is 5 so I'm getting 8 nights, 5 comped, same rates as JohnnieH.

Tues Sept. 27 comp
    Wed. Sept. 28 comp
    Thur Sept. 29 comp
    Fri Sept. 30 $40
    Sat Sept. 31 $95
    Sun Apr. 1 $35
    Mon Apr. 2 comp
    Tues Apr. 3 comp

Total $190.40 taxes allin.

That's great! You mean Oct, not April right?
  • What # did you guys call? And this is for the RIO right? Perhaps I should call looking for the same deal, although since I don't have a companion perhaps not.