Options

bill s-10......

1235»

Comments

• Cerberus wrote: »
    I have to say that reading this thread has been fascinating and eye opening to the level of intelligence on this forum.

we each have a clear definition of intelligence. i really think we need compare.
    Cerberus wrote: »
    (allowed) me to live a better life than the majority of the world.

have you? if you regard material possession then yes....but if better means acting with compassion and selflessness.....i think Canadians in general are far far down.... i hope this makes sense....we were raised to be grateful for the wrong things i think.
    Cerberus wrote: »
    It is the sociopaths and psychopaths that are, in my opinion, unable to be rehabilitated.

There are also those with mental illness, be it low functioning bi-polars or special needs people (I don't want to name types of special needs as the only one I can think of is down syndrome and, quite honestly, there are some people with DS that are higher functioning than most of society) whose brains cannot register and retain certain information and must be helped on a daily basis to make good decisions.

The rest CAN be rehabilitated.

which of these three groups should be can we punish....and which should we not take responsibility for?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I didnt read the whole thread.

Is it still cool to blaze?

only with sunglasses on indoors.

while jamming to sublime....
  • Milo wrote: »
    LOL at Canadian companies stealing fresh water from the Third world to sell here.

you're gonna have to re read my wording....or feel you are right and continue to shake your head.
    Milo wrote: »

People are responsible for their actions. PERIOD. FULL STOP.

Anything else is just sophistry.

people are a product of circumstance....you know this.
  • None of which absolves them of responsibility for their actions.

And rereading your comments about Water bottlers, I am comfortable with my interpretation.
  • Out of curiosity . . . when I decide to stop paying my mortgage, can I send my Credit Union your banking information? After all, I am just a product of my circumstance, and not truly responsible, after all.
    None of which absolves them of responsibility for their actions.

And rereading your comments about Water bottlers, I am comfortable with my interpretation.

"keep in mind, much of the water we drink (bottled) is provided by companies that thrive from stealing 3rd drinking water. "

they steal 3rd water, and they sell us water.....not the water they steal

A World Without Water

this may be the movie....
    Out of curiosity . . . when I decide to stop paying my mortgage, can I send my Credit Union your banking information? After all, I am just a product of my circumstance, and not truly responsible, after all.

no however i promise not to fault you for your mistakes anymore than i will fault myself for your mistakes.
  • darbday wrote: »
    "keep in mind, much of the water we drink (bottled) is provided by companies that thrive from stealing 3rd drinking water. "

they steal 3rd water, and they sell us water.....not the water they steal

A World Without Water

this may be the movie....

Aaah, it's the evil corporation that purchased the resource, and refuses to share. I see . . .

You do know the difference between a contract and theft, right? We can debate the ethics of said contract if you want, but there is a difference between that and theft. For example, in the movie you linked, the French multinational did not, I am sure just start laying pipe and pumping the water out of the ground . . .
    no however i promise not to fault you for your mistakes anymore than i will fault myself for your mistakes.

Well, good, it's nice that you can recognize that personal reponsibility has a place in the world.
    Aaah, it's the evil corporation that purchased the resource, and refuses to share. I see . . .

You do know the difference between a contract and theft, right? We can debate the ethics of said contract if you want, but there is a difference between that and theft.

yes the line is there....what struck me if this is the same movie, was the lady who was told she could buy the water as they put facets or something around the town....and she cries out, "we have no currency"
  • I quote the great Sam Kinison re: the famine in Ethiopia . . .
    You people live in a fucking DESERT !!!
  • How the Fuck did I miss this thread?
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    How the Fuck did I miss this thread?

Do you have your filter set to clear out anything where the ridiculous factor is > 3?

Mark
  • compuease wrote: »
    Actually HVEE is right according to here...
    http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/cacrime.htm

Not really...
    DrTyore wrote: »
    If Hveepoker is Ron, I don't owe him an apology, in this regard if he took a few simple moments to look up the efficacy of his "3 strike" idea, he'd see that in California, where this is in effect, it has resulted in a ridiculous situation of people serving years and years for simple possession offenses. Here, it sums it up in the first few pages... http://www.prisonpolicy.org/scans/sp/3strikes.pdf The crime rate dropped in California!!! About the same as it did nation-wide.... oops.
    Mark

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm
  • moose wrote: »

Way to bring up a discussion we had a month ago. Are we going to re-hash? HVEE said that crime rates in California were going down in the last 20 years and thats what I agreed with. These stats show it. Now is that because of the 3 strike law? That's where the difference in opinion is. What do you think, ie not really?
    In any case since US crime rates "seem" to be getting lower, do you think it's true and if so why?
    are we going to re-hash?

+420

???
  • the conversation is still on going i think we are at the religion part.....holiday break is over and we needed time to prepare for self control....
    we needed time to prepare for self control....

Is that permissible?
    Is that permissible?

whaa?
    whaa?

self control...
    self control...

we must mean possible......yup, i think its likely!