305?!?!?! Omfg!!!

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    At least you don't live in the USofA

U.S. burger joint unleashes 1,500-calorie sandwich - The Globe and Mail

PS -- you bet ima eat one if we come across a friendly's on our 3 week camping/road trip

I'll gladly pay you if you can pick me up a couple :)

Seriously...1500? In ONE sandwich?? Brutal!
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    At least you don't live in the USofA

U.S. burger joint unleashes 1,500-calorie sandwich - The Globe and Mail

PS -- you bet ima eat one if we come across a friendly's on our 3 week camping/road trip

meh In-n-out Burger in Vegas has been serving 4x4s for years.
  • moose wrote: »
    meh In-n-out Burger in Vegas has been serving 4x4s for years.

Then try this on for size

This Is Why You're Huge
  • Hello!!!

FAT GUY TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT HERE!!!!

Jesus, you guys are just fucking cruel!
  • I ate 16 timbits for lunch and then went to Crabby Joes and had 25 chicken wings for dinner.
  • :):):)

You guys made me hungry, went here for dinner, specials during the week... About the best most succulent ribs anywhere.....

Matt's Rib House

It's ok AJ, we know your strong...
  • I think that is normal not losing anything a week here and there and would not worry about it.:)
  • Progress Report; Week 6
    Same scale, approx same time of day....276
    loss of 2 lbs, total loss to date 29 lbs

Seems I'm still doing something right. From everything I've been told and have read, a 1 to 2 lb per week loss is about right, with some weeks fluctuating more or less than others.

This past week, I actually indulged in a couple of brews at Wetts game and we ordered chinese food at home on Friday night. Normally, I can eat chinese food until its all gone, but we actually had LEFTOVERS!! Still do I think too. Imagine that. In my family growing up, leftovers were NOT common. It was more like starving cattle at the food trough with my father and three brothers literally fighting over dinner. This leftover concept is rather foreign, but its pretty neat to be full and have food left over for the next day :D
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I can eat chinese food until its all gone, but we actually had LEFTOVERS!!:D

grats on the progress thats quite the feat already. just a thought, because weight loss favors multiple small meals throughout the day...if you do feel like 'indulging' split it into two meals 45 mins apart.
  • Actually, I have been doing just that. Breakfast before I leave home, snack at abotu 9:30am, then lunch at 12:30, afternoon snack around 3, then dinner around 6 or so. Seems like I'm always eating something, but still losing weight. Discovering its about what TYPE of food you eat, and portion control.
    Knowing I'll be eating again in a couple of hours helps with that.
  • Congrats! Keep it up!

mmmmmm cheeseburger.... ahhhhhhhhh

Ooops, sorry, was using the voice recognition software.
    Seems like I'm always eating something, but still losing weight. Discovering its about what TYPE of food you eat, and portion control.
    Knowing I'll be eating again in a couple of hours helps with that.

Ive had a lot of ladies come to me for advice in the past and they will not heed that advice...continue to starve themselves and deprive their bodies and so live with a ponch. you might find your appetite increases too, as your metabolism revs up with the program so as long as its smaller portions you can continue to add snacks (of good food of course).

30 lbs is quite a feat i think, have you been working out...?
  • darbday wrote: »
    30 lbs is quite a feat i think, have you been working out...?

Not unless you include fence building and landscaping working out. No, I haven't done any kind of work out other than walking the dog a couple of times a week. I'm considering looking into a club membership somewhere close by, but not sure.
    Not unless you include fence building and landscaping working out. No, I haven't done any kind of work out other than walking the dog a couple of times a week. I'm considering looking into a club membership somewhere close by, but not sure.

Do it, you know you wont regret it. Awesome work btw, keep it up =)

well i would count fence building and the like. and walking is certainly helping. Its a proper preliminary to the gym anyways, but no doubt any physical routine will keep you gaining your losses.
  • Check out Brampton Parks and Rec. $400.00 gets you access to all their facilities and classes for an entire year. Chinguacousy Wellness Centre (beside the Hospital) has a great gym, plus you can use any and all their programs at any other facility (like Howden pool). It's a good deal, and pays for itself if you go 3 times every 2 weeks.
    I'm considering looking into a club membership somewhere close by,

that would be perfect, you could go every thursday night!
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    that would be perfect, you could go every thursday night!

but wouldn't that make it -ev for the rest of you ching players?

You know what I have found really is getting me back into being active...Disc Golf...not sure if you have heard of it, or seen it...but it is a pile of fun, and great exercise..Cheap too!!! 20 bucks for a disc and you can play pretty much anywhere in the world for free!
  • compuease wrote: »
    but wouldn't that make it -ev for the rest of you ching players?

Once, I had the BanHammer power. Then I gave it up. Never wanted it back more so than right now!:mad:
    Once, I had the BanHammer power. Then I gave it up. Never wanted it back more so than right now!:mad:

Ok, I'll self exclude myself myself for a few hours..... even? ^-^
  • All this fucking advice on weight loss, and it's all based on the latest fad.. glutens.. evil carbs... holy shit people..

AJ, All you need to understand is that you are making a long-term life decision. Figure out what is going to motivate you to keep the changes going long after these doofus' have moved on to some anti-water diet.

For me, it was as simple as looking at the calorie content of the food I was eating and trying to make the 'better' choice.. not necessarily the BEST choice, but you'll find it's the small things that make the big differences.. Leave the cheese off your sandwich, go for the turkey burger, cut out mayo. I used caloriecounter.about.com and it really helped.

Also, if theres one day where you fall off the wagon and eat something bad, don't let that one day snowball into two or three. Get right back up and on the horse.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    AJ, All you need to understand is that you are making a long-term life decision.

Exactly why I'm not calling this a 'diet'. I realize I need to change the way I look at what I eat for the rest of my life. This isn't going to be some half hearted fad, this is re educating myself on what I should and shouldn't eat, and keeping to it. Not saying I won't fall off the wagon from time to time, just so long as I get back ON the wagon.

I'm not much of a calorie counter, never have been. I actually dread the thought of having to monitor my intake. The thought of it simply irrates me. I just want to learn to eat PROPERLY.

The only aspect I do measure is the 1/4, 1/4, 1/2. Quarter of the plate is carbs (be it rice, pasta, pototoe), quarter plate meat, 1/2 plate or more veggies. Thats about the limit of my calorie counting :)
  • [QUOTE=STR82ACE;232397
    The only aspect I do measure is the 1/4, 1/4, 1/2. Quarter of the plate is carbs (be it rice, pasta, pototoe), quarter plate meat, 1/2 plate or more veggies. Thats about the limit of my calorie counting :)[/QUOTE]

Simplest and best method out there. Good man!
  • Progress Report; Week 10
    Same scale, approx same time of day....274
    Total loss to date 31 lbs

I bet some of you thought I wasn't updating because I was back to my old ways, weren't you??

I've actually been a bad boy over my vacation. I've had the past couple of weeks off, so haven't been able to get on the same scale (and I will NOT permit one of those goddamnthings in my house!) so I've only been able to update now. Still, its a small lose, but it could have been better.

Vacation consisted of a wedding, a birthday, a wedding anniversay, a golf and poker tournament (read as BEER), and a couple of family gatherings, so I totally expected to be up or holding steady. I did indulge in much more than I really should have, but at the same time, I've still kept the bulk of my diet the same (salads, small breakfast, snacks, not eating after 7pm, etc). Still, after 10weeks, I'm still on the right track, and that I can be proud of saying is a huge accomplishment so far for myself.
  • You are 90% the man you used to be. Take that any way you want. :D
  • moose wrote: »
    You are 90% the man you used to be. Take that any way you want. :D

ROFLMAO...soooooooooo true...in sooooooooooo many ways
  • Keep it up, AJ, it is definitely noticable.
    Progress Report; Week 10
    Same scale, approx same time of day....274
    Total loss to date 31 lbs

I bet some of you thought I wasn't updating because I was back to my old ways, weren't you??

I've actually been a bad boy over my vacation. I've had the past couple of weeks off, so haven't been able to get on the same scale (and I will NOT permit one of those goddamnthings in my house!) so I've only been able to update now. Still, its a small lose, but it could have been better.

Vacation consisted of a wedding, a birthday, a wedding anniversay, a golf and poker tournament (read as BEER), and a couple of family gatherings, so I totally expected to be up or holding steady. I did indulge in much more than I really should have, but at the same time, I've still kept the bulk of my diet the same (salads, small breakfast, snacks, not eating after 7pm, etc). Still, after 10weeks, I'm still on the right track, and that I can be proud of saying is a huge accomplishment so far for myself.

Sounds like you've made the correct adjustment to your lifestyle. Way to go!
  • I could definitely notice the difference AJ. Keep up the good work!