2nd Annual CPF Golf and Poker Tournament; Sat July 24

Comments

• I quote:

"If AJ golfs like he plays poker, you boys need to keep your heads down."
  • STR82ACE wrote: »

Weather forecast for Saturday keeps changing, and not for the better.

Which begs the question, how bad does the weather have to be in order for us not to even bother coming out?
  • Oooohhh man, so many negative ways . . . why can't you say something righteous? I mean, think positive, and it'll happen . . . :D

We should have no worries for the front nine, and then it is a question of whether the next front hits the course or slides on by.

Considering I once played a round that finished with me having to dig my ball out of the snow (on the fairway), a little sprinkle is not going to keep me home.
  • but I like the Sunglass Kojak better than the Lollipop Kojak

Milton Slim
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    but I like the Sunglass Kojak better than the Lollipop Kojak

Milton Slim

Who loves ya baby . . . not coincidentally, that round took place on the original 18 at Mayfield. When we got to the 18th fairway, my brother and I discovered that the groundskeepers had removed the pins. Naturally, we hit on, and gave ourselves the 2 putt.
    For the record, the snow started when we were on 11, and really started on 14 tee. By the time we got to 18 it was a good 3 inches deep, and we only found our tee shots by looking for the tracks in the snow.

We both ended up sick as dogs, but what a round.
  • Better off bumping it to 12k and 30 min levels than adding a level or if you do, make it 100/100, otherwise you will need 25 chips and be colouring them out after one level.

Need directions and I will be late.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I quote:

"If AJ golfs like he plays poker, you boys need to keep your heads down."

Jesus, Karen, don't tell them ALL my secrets...sheesh
    Muddguts wrote: »
    Which begs the question, how bad does the weather have to be in order for us not to even bother coming out?

Oh buck up! You made of sugar?? Afraid of melting in a bit of rain?? MAN UP AND DRIVE THAT F*#$*!* BALL!!
    moose wrote: »
    Better off bumping it to 12k and 30 min levels than adding a level or if you do, make it 100/100, otherwise you will need 25 chips and be colouring them out after one level.

Need directions and I will be late.

I added a 100/100 level to start just for that reason. I was thinking 30min blinds would be a bit later for those needing to drive an hour or more afterwards. Also, PM sent! Let me know if you need anything else, Moose.
  • I've got ice for the coolers for anyone bringing beer and/or soft drinks for the bbq and poker. I also bought a couple of bags of chips and some of that gay licorice Ching Hill players seem to fancy. If you want to bring snacks, go ahead and feel free...wife has already told me she'll make a garden salad for those bbqing, but that will be the limit of her assistance. I have potato, pasta, and coleslaw salads as well for those bbqing.

I also have a couple of Tim Cards for prizes, and will add those to whatever anyone else brings. Prizes will be awarded for BEST SCORE (1), LONGEST DRIVE (2), CLOSEST TO THE PIN (2), and maybe for WORST SCORE or WILDEST DRIVE, figure that out tomorrow.
  • Since I will neither be the best, nor the worst golfer, I nominate worst score as winner of the 1/2 buy-in.

Let the shit-talking commence . . .
    Since I will neither be the best, nor the worst golfer, I nominate worst score as winner of the 1/2 buy-in.

Let the shit-talking commence . . .

Considering the normal buyin for 1/2 is $100, that's quite a prize for being the worst. I ain't footing it though, so Milo is volunteering to back the potential loser.

Could make for an interesting round of golf ;) Just remember, we only have the field for about 4 or 5 hours, so don't make it too late.
    Considering the normal buyin for 1/2 is $100, that's quite a prize for being the worst. I ain't footing it though, so Milo is volunteering to back the potential loser.

Could make for an interesting round of golf ;) Just remember, we only have the field for about 4 or 5 hours, so don't make it too late.

Fail, I was referring to Ed's generous offer of a half buy-in for the tourney, or has that already been allocated as a prize? Milo can barely back himself, let alone some half-gassed duffer . . .
    I also have a couple of Tim Cards for prizes, and will add those to whatever anyone else brings. Prizes will be awarded for BEST SCORE (1), LONGEST DRIVE (2), CLOSEST TO THE PIN (2), and maybe for WORST SCORE or WILDEST DRIVE, figure that out tomorrow.

Got a couple of UB shirts XXL that I will bring AJ. Perhaps best for a looser prize as they are Ultimatebet swag.
  • screenman wrote: »
    Got a couple of UB shirts XXL that I will bring AJ. Perhaps best for a looser prize as they are Ultimatebet swag.

At this point, we'll take it! Thanks!
  • grip it
    and
    rip it ! >:D

I added a 100/100 level to start just for that reason. I was thinking 30min blinds would be a bit later for those needing to drive an hour or more afterwards. Also, PM sent! Let me know if you need anything else, Moose.

I request that I crack AA everytime.
  • Don't care as long as I get to play.

• moose wrote: »
    I request that I crack AA everytime.

Ah Moose...you forget where you're playing poker. Silly Moose.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    grip it
    and
    rip it ! >:D

hahaha, goooooooooooo HVEE and muddguts!

Also let it rain, let it rain, lalalalalala:D
  • Can Karen get back in for golf?

Womenz . . .
  • AJ - got overlayed (not a pun) last night. Flying at 9:50.
  • Never mind . . . see you at the course folks. Thx, AJ
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    AJ - got overlayed (not a pun) last night. Flying at 9:50.

DAMN!!! Can you make poker??
    Can Karen get back in for golf?

Womenz . . .

IN!
  • Garry and I are heading out to the club now, get things underway and hit a small bucket prior to tee time.

If you need to get ahold of me, call my cell. I think most have the number.
  • Baseball got rained out. Heading for some dinner and should make it 5ish.
  • Waiting for you now. I guess you're the guy in the red truck??

Poker should start around 5:30 ish.
  • Thanks to everyone who participated today. Even with the bit of rain, it was a great time, and I'm hoping everyone had a good day. I'll post the golf and poker results in the morning, but just wanted to say thanks to you all.
    Thanks to everyone who participated today. Even with the bit of rain, it was a great time, and I'm hoping everyone had a good day. I'll post the golf and poker results in the morning, but just wanted to say thanks to you all.

Thanks AJ for hosting! It was a great day and I think everyone had a great time. The weather was great for most of the golf and the poker was great after as well. Thanks again.
  • A big THANK YOU to AJ for organizing the golf, and hosting the tournament. It was a great day overall, and hopefully this event continues to grow. It was great to meet some new faces. Best of all, I got to sleep with the winner of the poker tourney . . . ^-^
  • Golf Results; think I"m missing someone, but can't figure out who, so just post your score here if you remember it.

Dave 83
    Duane 85
    Devin 86
    Ed 99
    Don 100
    Anthony 102
    Dan 104
    Sean 104
    Karen 105
    Garry 105
    AJ 114
    Wes 117

Longest Drives: Ed, Dave
    Closest to the Pin: Dan, Wes

Poker Results; I didn't track everyone's performance, but the top three were

1st Karen (what a beautiful way to take out your spouse)
    2nd Moose
    3rd Ninja Dan

Oh, and I have never seen someone run so bad in the first three hands of a tournament as Ineedanick did. Even with the 5k lammer, he was out in the first three hands. I know two of them I wouldn't have gotten away from, and the third only because I know the opponent better. Positively BRUTAL Dave. Hope it doesn't discourage you from coming back sometime.

Again, thanks to everyone for coming out. I have some pics of the golf, and when I get a chance I'll post them up.