2nd Annual CPF Golf and Poker Tournament; Sat July 24

Finally got word back from the link. Their best availability is Saturday July 24, first tee time is 10am.

Golf cost is $67.50 + tax for golf and cart
Poker Tournament to follow at my place following golf; cost $50 Freezeout format, deep stack. I'll post the blinds a bit later.

Golf will likely take us to around 2 or 3pm, so I'm suggesting we start the freezeout at 5pm. That gives time for those that want to grab a bite to eat, or we can order in during the freezeout, I'm okay with that as well.

GOLF:
Mayfield Golf Club 10am start. Here's a link for location and club details.

Mayfield Golf Club

We'll go out in foursomes, and each player will be responsible to record their own score HONESTLY. If you can sign up below, I'll assign the foursomes as best I can, to ensure that the semi pros here get stuck together, and the ball whackers are in another group. Lowest score, and maybe a boobie for highest score.

There will be trophies, (Darryl, how many did/can you get?) as well as Longest Drive and Closest to the Hole competitions. I believe Wes will be taking delivering shirts/caps as well, but have to discuss with him first.

Any/all donations of SWAG would be appreciated from any/all forum members, or if anyone can score something from their work or clubs, also greatly appreciated.

I've currently informed the club to expect 20 players, but told them this was not confirmed yet, so I need to get back to them soon on a number.

POKER
I'm offering my home for the freezeout poker tournament. I'm suggesting a $50 buyin, deepstack, with a good blind schedule allowing for lots of play. Start time would be 5pm, and should go most of the evening. I'll post the starting stack and blinds in the next few days. I can host up to 20 players comfortably, more than that and I will have to find more room somewhere (or we play outside weather permitting).

Payouts will be 50/30/20 for up to 17 players, and 40/30/20/10 for 17+ players. Swag donations will also be accepted for the poker tournament as well.

Please confirm your participation as soon as possible so that I can firm up the date with the club. Also, please confirm that you will attending BOTH golf and poker, or if you're only interested in one or the other.

Any SWAG donations can be made directly to me via PM's and I'll give you the information you need to get it to me.

Comments

• Golf Registration:
    1 AJ
    3 Milo (T)
    4 Karen (T)
    5 Wes
    6 Screenman
    7 Wetts1012
    8 JohnnieH
    9 Garry
    10 HVEEPOKER
    12 HighFlyer
    13 Quimby
    14 djgolfcan
    15 Ineedanick
    16 SeanCarp

Poker Registration:

1 AJ
    2 CrazyKoby (T)
    3 Milo
    4 Karen
    5 Screenman
    6 Wetts1012
    7 JohnnieH
    8 Garry
    9 HVEEPOKER
    11 HighFlyer (T)
    12 Quimby
    13 djgolfcan
    14 Ineedanick
    15 SeanCarp
    16 Moose (T)
  • In for both.
  • bah!!! im volunteering @ the canadian open from the 19th-25th.... any other weekend and i was good to go!

good luck guys!
  • I'm tentative for golf, definitely no go for poker. I THINK I'm going to be going to a wedding in the late afternoon - I'm my better half's +1 anyways and she's undecided whether she's going to the ceremony. Once she decides I'll know for sure.

And yes, I should be able to get shirts/hats done AJ. If you want to get in touch with me, email me at my username [at] gmail.com
  • Put me and the Mrs. down for both, AJ. She falls under the "ball-whacking" category.
  • Count me in fior both AJ. I will leave the ball buster (whacker) at home.
  • bofadem.
  • In for both. I'll check with the K-town donkeys.
  • I know I posted for up to 20 for golf, but truth is, it can go higher if need be as well. I have to confirm the number two weeks prior to the tourney game day, so if necessary, we can have more than 20. And if need be, I'll find room to hold the poker portion somewhere.
  • Damnit. Camp ends at noon that day but that's only if all the parents show up on time. Which they never do. And I have to drive someone back to Chatham I think, so I'm out. Will still get t-shirt(s) for prizes.
  • I'm in for both. Not sure what group you put a 3 handicap in . lol ;)
  • just got my schedule for the canadian open, i am a spare on saturday so please put me down as tenative.
  • just got my schedule for the canadian open, i am a spare on saturday so please put me down as tenative.

For both Joe? Or just golf??
  • Want to do this, but in all honesty I have to wait to find out if my home club has anything going on that day. Please put me down as tentative for both. Will confirm asap.
  • Put me down as tentative.

If I can make it I'm in for both.
  • Damn! I'll be in Michigan that weekend!:mad:
  • Any updates?
  • Everything is still a go, no worries. Just have to get back to the course on total number of players a couple of weeks in advance of the date. Still lots of time for others to sign up.

Time to plug for some swag again. Take anything anyone can get, any way you can get it.
  • I'm in !! I'm around a 12 handicap for grouping purposes.
  • Put me down for tentative for poker. Need to check my work schedule. Once I find out, I'll let you know.
  • Confirm for golf - tentative for poker. Still need graphics in order to get shirts/hats done.
  • Who was going to get you the graphics, can't remember. Old age I guess.

Still a couple of weeks left to sign up for either or both events. I need to get back to the club on or around July 17 with firm numbers, so if any others that are currently tentative can firm up in the next week or two, that would be great.

Also, NEED MORE SWAG!!! We'll take anything, especially if its FREE ;) Send me a PM and I'll give you the details.
  • I can't make it. Working a night shift. Maybe next time.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Also, NEED MORE SWAG!!! We'll take anything, especially if its FREE ;) Send me a PM and I'll give you the details.

I'll see what free stuff I can find in Vegas. Would people even be interested in things like PokerRoad tshirts/hats?
  • put me down for tentative for both AJ. Can't find my passport and may not be going away afterall!
  • Confirm me for both.

I will be looking to carpool from KW.

Duane
  • Quimby wrote: »
    Confirm me for both.

I will be looking to carpool from KW.

Duane

I'm up for a carpool. Also 'ineedanick' Dave might be interested in coming, so we should include him in the carpool.

No others from KW have expressed serious interest in the day.
  • I need to get back to the club by the end of THIS week, July 9, to confirm numbers for this tournament. Anyone still listed as TENTATIVE, please firm up by this Friday July 9 if you can or cannot make the golf game.

I'll keep those listed as tentative for the poker tournament as tenative for now, but would like to get those firmed up soon as well.

Wes, whatever free stuff you get will be appreciated. We'll make use of them for sure.

There's still all kinds of room open for both the golf and poker tournament, so if you've been fence sitting, now's the time to get your ass in gear and get involved. It's going to be a great day of fun.

Hope everyone can make it out.
  • I will be there minus my driver but I can hit my 3 wood just as far.
  • Both of us are in for the golf, AJ. Might have to bail on the poker, though. Mother-in-law is getting taken to Stage West for her birthday the following week, and guess who gets to front the $$$? :-X