2nd Annual CPF Golf and Poker Tournament; Sat July 24

Comments

• I'm going to inform the club of the number of players this afternoon. I'll include any tentatives remaining on the list as well, just for buffer.

If you're interested in playing, and not signed up yet, please do so very soon. I'm pretty sure we can squeeze in another couple to play if necessary.

Those still listed as TENTATIVE for golf, please let me know ASAP if you are definitely in or out. Same as for those for the poker tournament as well.

Still accepting any SWAG anyone can get. I know Darryl has a couple of trophies, and a few others were going to see what they could get, but I have not received anything from anyone as of yet. If you would like to donate something, gift card, shirts, hats, whatever, PM me and I'll give you the address.

I'll post the blind schedule for the poker tournament in the next week or so, but I'm more impatient to get the golf portion under control first for obvious reasons.

Johnnie...let me know if you can gather more KW players. Be great to get you all out for this one.
  • I have to suck out for both AJ. Niece's birthday party has been scheduled for that day now :-(
  • Please sign me up for both if it is not too late.

Johnnie, Duane, are you still up for carpooling?
  • Ineedanick wrote: »
    Johnnie, Duane, are you still up for carpooling?

Yes I'm in.
  • TENTATIVE GOLF FOURSOMES

Group 1
    CrazyKoby
    Wetts
    Joeheartsdi
    SeanCarp

Group 2
    Muddguts
    Screenman
    GarryC

Group 3
    Hellmuth's Mole
    Quimby
    Djgolfcan

Group 4
    Ineedanick
    Milo
    Wes

Group 5
    STR82ACE
    Karen
    Hveepoker

This is a tentative listing of groups for the golf tournament. I have to be in the last group to clean up the Longest Drives and Closet to the Pin signs. As you can see, there's still room for more players to sign up (I've confirmed 20), but if we don't get them filled, I'll move those in the last group to the other groups as required.

I haven't assigned holes yet for Longest Drive and Closest to the pin, but I will prior to game day. I'm thinking one of each for red and white sections of the course.

For those not confirmed yet, please do so ASAP. If only for my own sanity maintenance reasons.

Tee time for Group 1 is 10am. Each group will tee off immediately following. Please plan on being at the club ready to play by this time. I suspect the tournament to end around 3pm or so, and we can all meet at the clubhouse for a brew and prize announcements before heading to my place for poker.

I should inform you that Mayfield is a Dry Course. Meaning, no refreshment cart roaming around. Clubhouse does have beer and spirits as well as softdrinks and water, and their menu is actually pretty good as well. If you want something for the round, either bring it yourself (cautiously advise it stays out of sight mind you) or you can buy it at the clubhouse between red and white links. Picture taking is strongly encouraged. Posting said pictures is of course mandatory.

This should be a great day for everyone participating. Our small group had a great time last year, despite some changes made by the clubhouse at the last minute, and this one should be even better. Hope you can all make it out, and lets have a great day on the links.
  • Longest Drive Holes:
    Red 3 and White 3

Closest to the Pin Holes:
    Red 6 and White 2
  • You guys are gonna kill me........I need to bail. This sucks donkey balls.

Sorry all, have a great time.
  • But you can still drive me right?

Maybe next year.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    You guys are gonna kill me........I need to bail. This sucks donkey balls.

Sorry all, have a great time.

Just think, it might rain that day!;)
  • Quimby wrote: »
    But you can still drive me right?

Maybe next year.

All three of you are out then? Say it ain't so
  • I meant next year for Johnnie. I'm still in.
  • Thanks Quimby. Had me more than a little worried.

Johnnie, you will be missed. But hopefully we can fill your spot in time. Anyone want to replace Johnnie?
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    But hopefully we can fill your spot in time. Anyone want to replace Johnnie?

put me in coach! Niece's party starts at 5!
  • You're in for gold Ed. I guess out for poker though huh?
    You're in for gold Ed. I guess out for poker though huh?

out for poker unfortunately. I'll do all my sucking out on the course :-)
  • My kid's final baseball tourney is that day so no go on golf but tent me on the poker.
  • FWIW, I don't plan to shoot under 100 - I'll probably set my o/u line at 106.5
  • Put me in as a sub if anyone else cant make it. Still not sure on my schedule, but i will try and re arrange things to make it work. Thats for both events.

If you go over 20 players and the weather doesnt look good AJ, I would be happy with hosting the game at my place i can fit 30 on my 3 tables and I'm just in Castlemore.
  • I haven't played yet this year so instead of a 70-72 it will probably be a 76-78
  • Just got back from Sunday family lunch and was just advised that we are going away for a family weekend to Haliburton on the golf/poker weekend. So I gotta remove my name from the sub list. I will still take a shirt and cap though pls. In my next life i wanna be the wife, apparently they hold all the info and power.
    TENTATIVE GOLF FOURSOMES

Group 1
    CrazyKoby
    Wetts
    Joeheartsdi
    SeanCarp

Group 2
    Muddguts
    Screenman
    GarryC

Group 3
    Hellmuth's Mole
    Quimby
    Djgolfcan

Group 4
    Ineedanick
    Milo
    Wes

Group 5
    STR82ACE
    Karen
    Hveepoker

This is a tentative listing of groups for the golf tournament. I have to be in the last group to clean up the Longest Drives and Closet to the Pin signs. As you can see, there's still room for more players to sign up (I've confirmed 20), but if we don't get them filled, I'll move those in the last group to the other groups as required.

I haven't assigned holes yet for Longest Drive and Closest to the pin, but I will prior to game day. I'm thinking one of each for red and white sections of the course.

For those not confirmed yet, please do so ASAP. If only for my own sanity maintenance reasons.

Tee time for Group 1 is 10am. Each group will tee off immediately following. Please plan on being at the club ready to play by this time. I suspect the tournament to end around 3pm or so, and we can all meet at the clubhouse for a brew and prize announcements before heading to my place for poker.

I should inform you that Mayfield is a Dry Course. Meaning, no refreshment cart roaming around. Clubhouse does have beer and spirits as well as softdrinks and water, and their menu is actually pretty good as well. If you want something for the round, either bring it yourself (cautiously advise it stays out of sight mind you) or you can buy it at the clubhouse between red and white links. Picture taking is strongly encouraged. Posting said pictures is of course mandatory.

This should be a great day for everyone participating. Our small group had a great time last year, despite some changes made by the clubhouse at the last minute, and this one should be even better. Hope you can all make it out, and lets have a great day on the links.

Thats okay AJ . We will be putting my name on all of them anyway ROFLMAO.:bs:
  • westside8 wrote: »
    FWIW, I don't plan to shoot under 100 - I'll probably set my o/u line at 106.5

Uh this is Mayfield.

I shot 1 over on the blue 9 yesterday and Im a horrible golfer.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Uh this is Mayfield.

I shot 1 over on the blue 9 yesterday and Im a horrible golfer.

Congrats, Wetts . . . which hole?
  • With only a week left to sign up and confirm, I'm once again asking for those listed as Tentative to please firm up ASAP. I need to know exact numbers for the club for Saturday.

Also, another call for any and all SWAG!!!

Also, another call for any and all SWAG!!!

A friend has donated a dozen Callaway Diablo balls with his business logo on them. I will try and dig something else up.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    A friend has donated a dozen Callaway Diablo balls with his business logo on them. I will try and dig something else up.

Great! Keep them coming! Thanks Ed
  • The Mrs. has informed me we are playing poker, too . . .

see you in debtor's prison, I guess . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    The Mrs. has informed me we are playing poker, too . . .

Met your wife. Doesn't surprise me she's the one making the decisions :D
    Milo wrote: »
    see you in debtor's prison, I guess . . .

Seen how YOU play. Doesn't surprise me either >:D
  • Listen Slim . . . say, you do know that rapid weight loss will throw off your golf game, right? Not that it'll matter much to you, but still . . . line up those excuses while you can . . .