Question Week: GTA Poker

Comments

• BBC Z wrote: »
    Wait.. so thats not really Phil Ivey that's posting here? Screen Names aren't accurate representations of the people behind them? I'm not really British? OMG.

and I ain't black.. what's your point? I will get to you later.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »

hulkhogannh5.gif
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    hulkhogannh5.gif

Kristy, you really need to get a marketing/advertising job; your talents are really wasted on this forum. If you have any HTML skills, I can probably talk to a friend at canoe.ca if you are interested.
  • Thanks for the nice compliment Jah, but a job would mess up my already perfect life.

WTF?!?!? You're not black?!? Oh well the hell with it all, then.

I'm outta here . . .
  • I really have had no bad dealings with JAH on the tables around the GTA, we have discussed many hands/sessions. But then again I suck at poker so maybe I am not discussing the right things with JAH that GTA does.....
  • I like where this thread is going and the fact that GTA is getting pwnt

full_of_win.jpg

to-popcorn.jpg
    to-popcorn.jpg
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    See JAH, the problem is that you'd probably believe that whoever won the most cash in some HU match was the better player.. Thats why I get frustrated with you.

This accurately sums-up my entire opinion on Jah...thanks BBC
  • You guys seem to have a real serious pissing match going on.

'my kung fu is greater than your kung fu.' kind of thing.

"go euthanize a puppy or something." Poor choice of words.

I guess it takes a few minor disagreements to bring the true colours of some people into the light of day.
    yes, you got me there doc; only have a Masters from the best university in Canada.

debatable as I don't have any cumulative figures for your last ten years from playing poker

hardly and very unlikely. Personally I prefer to invest my money in real estate and investments.

considering the fact you have been playing the game for six years longer than I have, I should hope so. Its really your arrogance towards the game that bothers me. PM me next time you plan to be in the Toronto area and you can teach me a lesson at the poker table.

For someone who was crushing the Calgary scene, its pretty ironic that you have stopped playing live poker. Enough said. Make your self useful and go euthanize a puppy or something.

I was responding honestly to your statements. I'm not certain how your post took such a psychopathic turn.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    What are you implying here?

I believe he is implying that live players are better players than online players. Well known fact, obv.
  • I really have had no bad dealings with JAH on the tables around the GTA, we have discussed many hands/sessions. But then again I suck at poker so maybe I am not discussing the right things with JAH that GTA does.....

I'll take your work for it, but you only have to read some posts on this site to see why he is so frustrating to communicate with at times.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    What are you implying here?

what I was implying was this guy has been bragging about being such a dominate cash game player in Toronto/Calgary scene for a number of years and then he decides to stop playing live for some odd reason. I just find it ironic especially after all the criticism I have received from GTA.

See all the trouble you started Johnnie.
  • Maybe we can make enough for everyone...

You know we never had these issues with our former boss...... lol... I blame Scoops.... :)
    what I was implying was this guy has been bragging about being such a dominate cash game player in Toronto/Calgary scene for a number of years and then he decides to stop playing live for some odd reason. I just find it ironic especially after all the criticism I have received from GTA.

See all the trouble you started Johnnie.

When did I brag about anything -- I simply stated my win rates at certain live games when asked. I have stated that I am a winning player and my hourly rates at times, but I don't think I've ever even stated a single yearly total profit from poker on this forum. There are reasons that I am trying to switch to playing more online and less live which go beyond the amount of money I have made playing live in the past -- it is simply a lifestyle decision. Humbly, I am starting at rather low limits online to try and improve multitabling up to 9 tables of 6max PLO. I make decent money with my job and have lost the desire at present to spend so much time in poker rooms -- after 6-7 years of playing almost exclusively live games it has just become tiresome for me and I need more from poker than simply using my spare time to make x$/h in a poker room. I would love to be able to make the same amount (or more) online and have the ability to do so while travelling, etc. rather than being tied to only playing where there are live games running.

I have no ego when it comes to poker -- if I can learn from someone I will. If I play a hand poorly I admit it to myself and others. I am not results oriented, although it is nice to make money at a hobby and see some hard work pay off. I don't take things on this forum personally -- it is a poker forum. I don't see why you have a such a huge chip on your shoulder or make psychotic comments, but to each his own.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »

I have no ego when it comes to poker -- if I can learn from someone I will. If I play a hand poorly I admit it to myself and others. I am not results oriented, although it is nice to make money at a hobby and see some hard work pay off. I don't take things on this forum personally -- it is a poker forum. I don't see why you have a such a huge chip on your shoulder or make psychotic comments, but to each his own.

/thread

Agree to disagree boys....I also have a feeling that if you both ever sat down you would be come best of friends....seems like you both carry on separate conversations or misinterpret each other.

The fact that both of you take the time to post means that there is some dedication to the advancement of your game. Whether one will advance more than the other based on the "level" of their discussion is really no matter. At the end of the day everyone on the forum is free to post whatever they like (within reason) and you are also free to respond "within" reason.

By everyone sharing their selective knowledge of the game you can either choose to get better or continue on the same path. Sometimes I feel this is more of a dr. drew message board. If someone doesn't want to take your advice or you feel what they are saying isn't correct/make sense etc move on.

You guys both add to the discussions on the boards these little squabbles should not be the main concern here.
  • I'm not going to waste my precious time digging through old posts by GTA to demonstrate what a contradictory dick he is.

My biggest beef with GTA and BBC is they often throw out these trolling posts that have nothing to do with the thread at hand. I'm not sure if they are just bored at the moment and want to just get a reaction so they have something to kill the time with (maybe when 2 + 2 gets a little dry)? they also seem to have this superiority complex that they have mastered this game and the rest of us are inferior to their level of play so why should they waste their precious time trying to help others improve their game.

It would be a much better forum if they were to share their knowledge as I do appreciate their advice when they do share, the odd time.
  • Jah, I actually mean this in the nicest way possible...

GTA and BBC are just clever enough to say it all in one sentence. This often comes off as irrelevant or instigatory if you're not on their level and think the topic is worthy of more discussion than they do. (yes, they are good candidates to measure 'worth' and are usually right when they shut down shop with a one-liner)
  • ^^^eg: you wanted to discuss folding aces preflop in a cash game..they wouldn't hear it.
  • Blackmagicz and Kristy are both now sage wise souls in my books.
  • Blackmagicz and Kristy are both now sage wise souls in my books.

Ty Bill!

I'm going to cite this post as yet another reason why Blackmagicz and I should make-out someday.
    Jah, I actually mean this in the nicest way possible...

GTA and BBC are just clever enough to say it all in one sentence. This often comes off as irrelevant or instigatory if you're not on their level and think the topic is worthy of more discussion than they do. (yes, they are good candidates to measure 'worth' and are usually right when they shut down shop with a one-liner)

are you still courting me? does BBC have to come along?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    are you still courting me? does BBC have to come along?

I'm cool either way..but if he comes I call dibs on being in the middle.
    Jah, I actually mean this in the nicest way possible...

Kristy, can you find me a great big yawn mpeg?
    Ty Bill!

I'm going to cite this post as yet another reason why Blackmagicz and I should make-out someday.

I'm going to cite this quote as yet to another reason why Kristy and I should make out someday....
  • I'm going to cite this quote as yet to another reason why Kristy and I should make out someday....

This thread is useless without a lesbian equivalent of how hot I expect it to be:

jl42dl.gif
  • LOL I agree it would be that aqkward....
  • LOL I agree it would be that aqkward....

AWKWARD?!?!?! We're sexy blondes on a beach!!!