Question Week: GTA Poker

Comments

• Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I really appreciate it.
    • No table scraps, but she has munched a few maple leaves while we were out..I've tried to get them away from her..but I'm sure she swallowed some small pieces.
    • No blood or mucous in stool..just not well-formed like they had been.
    • She alternates between a little and a normal amount of urine related to how much she's drunk recently, it too seems normal coloured and smelling and the related effort. I'm sure there is no blood in that since she goes on snow..or occassionally my white floor and carpet :D)
    • She's been like this for almost 3 days.
    • She has not been dewormed yet.

Well, I would get a urinalysis and fecal done. She should have had several dewormings by now, but it's not a big deal if she hasn't had them yet -- intestinal parasites (if present) are easy to treat.

Has she had her first vaccines yet? If not then she needs to get them ASAP -- if she gets Parvo it is going to cost you $1500-$3000+ to treat.

Has she been eating normally since the vomiting episode? Has she been lethargic at all?
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    Hey Kristy,

Just as an FYI Ontario does have a venomous snake. The Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake. If you're a camper there is a great Provincial Park called Massasauga Park, great park can only get in by portage, and it's a named after the Eastern Massasauga because of the large population inside the park.

Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake

I don't think that is in Southern Ontario and I believe they are very rare, but I could be wrong.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Okay, back on the rails again . . .

If Kristy were bitten by a Massassauga Rattler, while squatting in the bushes, would you save her life by sucking out the poison?

Would you allow Mark to document said feat for posterity?

Back to the original question: Mutts or Pure breds?

Also, Your thoughts aboutthe recent Royal Society expose on genetic defects as relates to inbreeding of "show" dogs. Have breeders gone too far?

I'm fairly sure that has shown to be ineffective -- so it would depend on the location of the bite.

Sure, but no faces on redtube.

See above...mutts.

I haven't seen that expose, but all you have to do is look at German Shepard hips/conformation to see that breeders are irresponsible.
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    up and down fail.

CPFFedcopy.jpg
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    CPFFedcopy.jpg

dude, im 22 years old and have my own house and a good job... not that funny.
  • Being a former transplanted Calgarian myself. (went to school out there)...

Have you ever had a beer at the Ship and Anchor?

Grasshopper or Trad?
  • fedh8r isn't 19 yet...

Mark
    I don't think that is in Southern Ontario and I believe they are very rare, but I could be wrong.

They are in the Georgian Bay area. Massasauga Provincial Park is near Port Perry. You are correct that they are rare. I've been going camping in Massasauga Park for over 10 years now, and have never seen or heard one, although i have seen shedded skins. They are on the protected list, but currently not under any risk of extinction.
  • GTA, if the link went to your lady, you are playing above your bankroll. And, she has a serious set of pipes. I listened to the Schumann excerpt, as it is the only one I am fairly familiar with. What a lovely voice. All of which leads to the next question:

Is she performing in Toronto anytime in 2010? My wife would enjoy the experience, and if it involves even a remote connection to other aspects of my life, so much the better.
  • From one Metallica fan to another:

What's your favorite album?

Opinions on Death Magnetic?

Have you seen them live? If so, please provide info of the show(s)
    Iams, Eukanuba, Science Diet are all good foods (are these too costly?).

No Iams/Eukanuba are the two I was thinking of, I'm fine with that price..my sister spends $250/month on some special organic food, and I really didn't want to.
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    Well, I would get a urinalysis and fecal done. She should have had several dewormings by now, but it's not a big deal if she hasn't had them yet -- intestinal parasites (if present) are easy to treat.

Has she had her first vaccines yet? If not then she needs to get them ASAP -- if she gets Parvo it is going to cost you $1500-$3000+ to treat.

Has she been eating normally since the vomiting episode? Has she been lethargic at all?

She went when she was too young for first shots, and I was trying to hold off taking her again until I get to MN and find the vet I intend to use for all of them. I do have someone I like here, so I'll take her in there and get her checked out. No, definitely not lethargic or showing in anyway that she's under the weather...just going to the bathroom a lot.

Thanks again!
  • 1. Do you think the Leafs will win a Stanley Cup in your lifetime?

2. How many 5-year-olds could you take in a fight?
    (read this for more info/rules and history of the question: linky)
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    Being a former transplanted Calgarian myself. (went to school out there)...

Have you ever had a beer at the Ship and Anchor?

Grasshopper or Trad?

I think Grasshopper is pretty good for a generic type beer -- I just realized that I haven't ever tried the traditional so I will have that next time I am out and let you know.

Never been to the Ship and Anchor -- location?

(Answered in reverse order)
    GTA, if the link went to your lady, you are playing above your bankroll. And, she has a serious set of pipes. I listened to the Schumann excerpt, as it is the only one I am fairly familiar with. What a lovely voice. All of which leads to the next question:

Is she performing in Toronto anytime in 2010? My wife would enjoy the experience, and if it involves even a remote connection to other aspects of my life, so much the better.

Yeah, that's her. Nothing scheduled yet, but she does get hired to perform smaller pieces by a company in Toronto sometimes -- will let you know if anything comes up.

If you're interested she was also on Mantracker which aired this past summer.

YouTube - 4011 Mantracker SD, Jessica & Lauren, Part 1

(skip to 1 min in...and I assume you can easily find the following clips on youtube)
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    From one Metallica fan to another:

What's your favorite album?

Opinions on Death Magnetic?

Have you seen them live? If so, please provide info of the show(s)

I'd have to say Master of Puppets is my favourite studio album -- I think every song on there is a classic. S&M is great live stuff.

I think Death Magnetic has some better stuff than other more recent albums, but I haven't listened to it tonnes.

Never saw then live, I'm not a huge concert person.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    No Iams/Eukanuba are the two I was thinking of, I'm fine with that price..my sister spends $250/month on some special organic food, and I really didn't want to.

She went when she was too young for first shots, and I was trying to hold off taking her again until I get to MN and find the vet I intend to use for all of them. I do have someone I like here, so I'll take her in there and get her checked out. No, definitely not lethargic or showing in anyway that she's under the weather...just going to the bathroom a lot.

Thanks again!

I think spending that money on dog food is not warranted...and it's probably no better for a dog than commercial pet food.

At 11 weeks she should be getting her 2nd shots -- I would get her in ASAP for her first shots and make sure you follow-up within 4 weeks for her boosters. Getting puppy vaccines is one of the most important things -- like I said, Parvo is a terrible infection and can cost thousands of dollars to treat -- and it is easily prevented with vaccination. The virus can persist in the environment for 6-8months and can be anywhere that other dogs have been.

Also, you should look into some puppy classes once she is vaccinated to get her socialized.

You're moving to MN? Why? I guess I can't ask questions here but I already did earlier, so meh.
  • iNano78 wrote: »
    1. Do you think the Leafs will win a Stanley Cup in your lifetime?

2. How many 5-year-olds could you take in a fight?
    (read this for more info/rules and history of the question: linky)

1. No, i don't watch much hockey anymore but I don't think there is any market pressure for the Leafs to be a winning team.

2. Sklansky did much of the reasoning, so I won't do much more other to say that if Sklansky could take on 30 (have you seen David Sklansky?) then I could easily take on 52.

Originally Posted by Muddguts
    4. "what's in the basket?":biggrin:

4. I don't follow...maybe it's because I got up at 6am for work today.

it was one of the taglines to the movie Basket Case that you thought highly of.
  • gta whats the one question you would most want to answer? most want, not just some witty answer question...
  • and when metallica was entered in the rock n roll hall of fame was it really awkward when both bass players were on stage?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    it was one of the taglines to the movie Basket Case that you thought highly of.

ahh...I haven't seen it for 25 years -- if anyone has a link to a torrent that would be great
  • So, what did like most about this week?

What did you like least?

Who do you think should be next?

What three things would you take with you if you were going to be marooned on a desert island for one year?
    What three things would you take with you if you were going to be marooned on a desert island for one year?

Sorry to derail but couldn't resist... How about Kristy, fed and Philli..... That should tilt him if nothing else would... :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Sorry to derail but couldn't resist... How about Kristy, fed and Philli..... That should tilt him if nothing else would... :)

HA! no cause I would do a alliance with GTA and vote the other 2 out:D
  • philliivey wrote: »
    HA! no cause I would do a alliance with GTA and vote the other 2 out:D

Umm... philli... bud... hate to break this to you, but he'd keep Kristy for company/other fun stuff and roast fed over an open fire. Then, while you were howling about fed's fate, he'd be getting the next spike ready to roast you. Just sayin.
  • Not to go too off topic, but I initially read it as kings ..... and I thought hell I hope its hearts diamonds and clubs.
  • darbday wrote: »
    gta whats the one question you would most want to answer? most want, not just some witty answer question...

I'm not sure what I would want to answer. Does anyone have a desire to answer a specific question?
  • darbday wrote: »
    and when metallica was entered in the rock n roll hall of fame was it really awkward when both bass players were on stage?

I had no knowledge of this...I'm not up to date on music halls of fame. I really am not into pop culture at all anymore. I just listen to music that I like, but I don't know anything about the performers personal lives or extra curricular activities. I heard that MJ died though.
    So, what did like most about this week?

What did you like least?

Who do you think should be next?

I like that it is finally getting warm in Calgary -- +8 today bitches.

I least liked starting work at 7am on Thurs and Friday...especially Friday when I woke up at 1am and could not get back to sleep.

I'll stop playing dumb now and realize that you are alluding to the question week -- I think Wetts should be next as this is a poker forum.

I'm assuming there is some sort of food I could gather on this island and it's not a barren slab.

1. My girlfriend.

2. My dog.

3. Solar-powered laptop with super strong wifi or some satellite-type gizmo to connect to the interwebz. I guess I wouldn't be marooned if I had that, but it's 2010. I guess I could email for rescue at any time, but I'd probably give it a while...it sounds pretty relaxing.

Note how I put the gf first just in case she ever opens this forum.

Speaking of islands -- I read this article in GQ (they didn't have much magazine selection at the hotel we stayed at in Puerto Vallarta) last month. I had heard of The Maldives, but has never seen a photo or know that much about it. Decent article imo.

Relocation! Relocation! Relocation!: Big Issues: GQ