Question Week: GTA Poker

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    Sorry to derail but couldn't resist... How about Kristy, fed and Philli..... That should tilt him if nothing else would... :)

I think Kristy has a crush on me.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    HA! no cause I would do a alliance with GTA and vote the other 2 out:D

I'm not an alliance kind of guy.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Umm... philli... bud... hate to break this to you, but he'd keep Kristy for company/other fun stuff and roast fed over an open fire. Then, while you were howling about fed's fate, he'd be getting the next spike ready to roast you. Just sayin.

I'd have no qualms about killing Fed and eating him if it was to survive. As to my actions with the other two I really don't know them well enough to comment.
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    Not to go too off topic, but I initially read it as kings ..... and I thought hell I hope its hearts diamonds and clubs.

I don't follow.
  • 1) How do you wrap up your weekends (translation, what do you do on Sunday evenings?)

2) Do you think we went easy on you?

3) the flop pairs up giving you three of a kind and is a rainbow, do you bet out immediately or slow play?

4) What big name animals (ie elephants, tigers, bears) do you see going extinct in our lifetime?
  • You're camping with the entire forum and the food has run out. How quickly do you resort to cannibalism? Who is the first to go? Please don't say fed as we all know he doesn't count ;)
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    1) How do you wrap up your weekends (translation, what do you do on Sunday evenings?)

2) Do you think we went easy on you?

3) the flop pairs up giving you three of a kind and is a rainbow, do you bet out immediately or slow play?

4) What big name animals (ie elephants, tigers, bears) do you see going extinct in our lifetime?

1. I don't have traditional weekends. I work emergency so I work some Sundays, but I generally try and have Sundays off as it is the only day my girlfriend reliably has off with her current Calgary Opera contract. When I am off I generally go to the gym, take my dog for a hike and go to the Farmer's Market here in town. It's not really wrapping off my weekend -- I was off today and don't work until Wed -- but just what we do on Sundays if we don't go away. I generally prefer weekdays off anyhow, less people around if you have to get stuff done.

2. Not sure, it wasn't difficult though.

3. I assume you are referring to NLH. Depends on many things, no standard play here for me.

4. Polar Bears.
    You're camping with the entire forum and the food has run out. How quickly do you resort to cannibalism? Who is the first to go? Please don't say fed as we all know he doesn't count ;)

I'm not sure who would taste best. I would assume some fat on a person would make the meat tastier as with cows. I would have to rank people by body fat percentage and age and then devise a flow chart in which each individual would get to optimal taste factoring the calories available from each member eaten.
    You're camping with the entire forum and the food has run out. How quickly do you resort to cannibalism? Who is the first to go? Please don't say fed as we all know he doesn't count ;)
    ut oh.... now Jah and I are worried....
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I'm not sure who would taste best. I would assume some fat on a person would make the meat tastier as with cows. I would have to rank people by body fat percentage and age and then devise a flow chart in which each individual would get to optimal taste factoring the calories available from each member eaten.

Great, so not only are you telling me polar bears are gone, but I'm gonna get eaten first. FML.
  • Why are you still here?

Where the fuck is Wetts?

This second question can probably be explained by the courier deal that this site has with Wetts employer. He is probably lost in one o their warehouses somewhere . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Why are you still here?

Where the fuck is Wetts?

This second question can probably be explained by the courier deal that this site has with Wetts employer. He is probably lost in one o their warehouses somewhere . . .

I thought it was Mark this week. Read the schedule mang.

But I'll go if thats how we roll.

It is my birthday this week.......
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I thought it was Mark this week. Read the schedule mang.

But I'll go if thats how we roll.

It is my birthday this week.......

Sorry, DHL just dropped off my copy . . . I stand corrected.

Happy (early) birthday.
    so I can't do the maths.

maybe work on your spelling before you start to focus on the maths.

You have an open invitation to play me live at any number of 2/5, 5/5 games in the GTA. If I am not worthy of your skill level, you can send any one of your posse my way and they can report back on the festivities.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    maybe work on your spelling before you start to focus on the maths.

You have an open invitation to play me live at any number of 2/5, 5/5 games in the GTA. If I am not worthy of your skill level, you can send any one of your posse my way and they can report back on the festivities.

yawn you fail to me in education, poker winnings, bankroll and poker skills

Unless things have changed in the past 2 years since I lived in Ontario, almost all 2/5+ underground games are extremely over raked. Why any serious poker player would support these venues is beyond me.
  • thanks for being a good sport and a guinea pig GTA and also to everyone that participated and got this ball rolling.
    yawn you fail to me in education

yes, you got me there doc; only have a Masters from the best university in Canada.
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    yawn you fail to me in poker winnings

debatable as I don't have any cumulative figures for your last ten years from playing poker
    yawn you fail to me in bankroll

hardly and very unlikely. Personally I prefer to invest my money in real estate and investments.
    yawn you fail to me in poker skills

considering the fact you have been playing the game for six years longer than I have, I should hope so. Its really your arrogance towards the game that bothers me. PM me next time you plan to be in the Toronto area and you can teach me a lesson at the poker table.

For someone who was crushing the Calgary scene, its pretty ironic that you have stopped playing live poker. Enough said. Make your self useful and go euthanize a puppy or something.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    smiley2eatingpopcorn.gif

lmao!!

Another Kristy post for candidate of post of the week award.
  • See JAH, the problem is that you'd probably believe that whoever won the most cash in some HU match was the better player.. Thats why I get frustrated with you.
  • Administrator - can you change my forum name to "The Real GTA Poker" as this guy is an imposter, IMO. I'm in the GTA poker trenches on a weekly basis. Not hiding behind my monitor with my Poker Tracker/Sharkscope teddy bears at my side, crossing my legs and hoping I don't get sucked out on.
    Administrator - can you change my forum name to "The Real GTA Poker" as this guy is an imposter, IMO. I'm in the GTA poker trenches on a weekly basis. Not hiding behind my monitor with my Poker Tracker/Sharkscope teddy bears at my side, crossing my legs and hoping I don't get sucked out on.

blackmanpopcorn.gif
  • You guys seem to have a real serious pissing match going on.

'my kung fu is greater than your kung fu.' kind of thing.

"go euthanize a puppy or something." Poor choice of words.
  • Funny, I thought this was Mark's week . . . grow up, you two.
    Now pass that popcorn down the row, Kristy, you and Philli have hogged it long enough . . .
    Administrator - can you change my forum name to "The Real GTA Poker" as this guy is an imposter, IMO. I'm in the GTA poker trenches on a weekly basis. Not hiding behind my monitor with my Poker Tracker/Sharkscope teddy bears at my side, crossing my legs and hoping I don't get sucked out on.

What are you implying here?
  • Wait.. so thats not really Phil Ivey that's posting here? Screen Names aren't accurate representations of the people behind them? I'm not really British? OMG.
    Funny, I thought this was Mark's week . . . grow up, you two.
    Now pass that popcorn down the row, Kristy, you and Philli have hogged it long enough . . .

No, I love popcorn, it's mine, all mine!
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    Wait.. so thats not really Phil Ivey that's posting here? Screen Names aren't accurate representations of the people behind them? I'm not really British? OMG.

Only Milo and midnightmike know the secret.

mm673t.gif
    Funny, I thought this was Mark's week . . . grow up, you two.

awwww Dad, you never let us have any fun! :(