Leonard Nimoy
Barack Obama
Monty Hall
Queen Elizabeth
Prince Philip
Miley Cyrus
Phil Hellmuth Jr.
Mick Jagger

A couple of winners on this team, and few odd choices that could pay off in the long run . . .

Comments

• DennisG's team

Fidel Castro
    Dick Clark
    Nancy Reagan
    Michael J. Fox
    Jack Lalanne
    Grizzwald Chapman
    Bryant Gumbel
    Jerry Lewis
    David Hasselhoff
    Rue McClanahan
    Ariel Sharon
    Lindsay Lohan
    Chaz Bono
    Joan Rivers
    Britney Spears

Starts out very solid, then goes off the rails a bit. Recovers nicely though, for what might be the winning entry.
  • JohnnieH's team

Pope Benedict
    Stephen Hawking
    Bill Cosby
    George Steinbrenner
    Al Davis (NFL)
    Maggie Smith (Harry Potter)
    Clint Eastwood
    Arnold Palmer
    Rev. Billy Graham
    Ralph Wilson (NFL)
    Hugh Hefner
    Scott Weiland
    Andy Griffith
    Sidney Poitier
    Charlie Sheen

A wide mix of choices from all over the map, which means this team could squeak into a late win
  • Hellmuth's Mole's team

Abe Vigoda
    Kirk Douglas
    Seve Ballesteros
    Mickey Rooney
    Courtney Love
    Amy Winehouse
    Kim Jong Il
    Zsa Zsa Gabor
    Wilford Brimley
    Andy Dick
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Phil Spector
    Peter O'Toole
    Mickey Rourke
    Keith Richards

Solid lead-off hitters, with an odd middle of the order. Plenty of pop in the bottom of the line-up, though. You know what they say . . . if it weren't for luck.
  • WildBill's team

Jack Klugman
    Morgan Freeman
    James Garner
    Margaret Thatcher
    Liz Taylor
    Andy Rooney
    Bob Barker
    Peter Falk
    B. B. King
    Betty Ford
    Sean Connery
    John Madden (NFL)
    Mel Brooks
    Henry Kissinger

No real stars, so to speak, but team chemistry could lead to a solid finish for Bill.
  • Abe Vigoda

Fish is ALIVE?? Are you sure??
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Abe Vigoda

He is Abe Vigoda

88 years old
  • I'd give a slight edge to HM. His team looks pretty sick. (other than Ozzy-he's NEVER gonna die :) )

The rest of us look pretty evenly matched. This is going to make for an interesting year.

Also, my "fingers crossed" deadpool list is:

Celine Dion (I've been waiting for YEARS)
    Dr. Phil
    Tyra Banks
  • Mark Henry - please god if ever there was a professional wrestler that could go early let it be him

Mark
  • If I had to pick a team, I'd be going with DennisG's squad. That crew looks like it is built for this event.

Also, now that Bea Arthur is gone, is there a "hit" on the other Golden Girls?
  • Milo wrote: »
    DennisG's team

Fidel Castro
    Dick Clark
    Nancy Reagan
    Michael J. Fox
    Jack Lalanne
    Grizzwald Chapman
    Bryant Gumbel
    Jerry Lewis
    David Hasselhoff
    Rue McClanahan
    Ariel Sharon
    Lindsay Lohan
    Chaz Bono
    Joan Rivers
    Britney Spears

Starts out very solid, then goes off the rails a bit. Recovers nicely though, for what might be the winning entry.

Fox has been battling a long time..not much news from him..so, he is due for some media.

Lalanne is due for a heart attack...all that fitness will kill ya, ya know?

Chapman needs a kidney transplant...glad he hung on this long *crossing fingers..just a few more hours buddy*

Gumbel...malignant mass in his lung, can't be good.

Lewis must have some sort of std that is about due to catch up.

Hasselhoff...the edge of the wagon is right there..you can reach it buddy, yes you can...

Rue...well, she is just old.

Ariel...when doesn't a defense minister have a target on their back?

Lindsay Lohan...a train wreck waiting to derail...again..

Chaz...gender transplants can't be good for you.

Joan...well, gotta take a shot..and Britney speaks for herself.
  • A little surprised no one took the low hanging fruit that is Rush Limbaugh.

Dennis, Sharon had a sever stroke a few years back, and is on 24 hour life support. Given his orthodox faith, he could out last everyone on your team.
  • Jesus, I just read about Rush today with his recent admission to hospital. However, the comment in the article that said "resting comfortably" made me wince a bit. I'd love to see him 'assume room temperature'.

I'm pretty happy with my picks though. Maybe a little sad. Ah, hell $10 is $10! I didn't know 'em personally afterall. Dear God, I really am pushing karma to it's limits. Maybe I should just shut up!

Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully some of our picks have a rousing evening...and push things just a littttttttle bit too far!

Dennis, Sharon had a sever stroke a few years back, and is on 24 hour life support. Given his orthodox faith, he could out last everyone on your team.

son of a....I need to do better research next time...lol..here's to a power failure!

Yeah, probably going to hell.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    son of a....I need to do better research next time...lol..here's to a power failure!

Yeah, probably going to hell.

Fear not, as I think you're good for 3, easy. Maybe even four.
  • so let me get this straight.. you guys are betting on whose gonna die in 2010?

that is so fucked up and hilarious

I want in
  • so let me get this straight.. you guys are betting on whose gonna die in 2010?

that is so fucked up and hilarious

I want in

Then you should have been paying attention over the last couple days. Sadly, the contest is closed.

We can add you to someone's list, if you like?
    Then you should have been paying attention over the last couple days. Sadly, the contest is closed.

i havent been a member for that long..

ill study the list and post who I would like to be a part of's team.

thanx, this is fun!
  • ill take the second one that you posted...

denis g's team...

not that I think they have the most potential of being dead, but because it has the most ppl that I would like to be dead.

(im going to hell)
  • Alan Alda - He's getting up there. Not sick or anything that I'm aware of, but he's put in just because of his age

Muhammad Ali - sadly, the most likely to go on this list. It will be a sad day in sports history

Hulk Hogan - with his recent family issues, I can see him going suicidal

Betty White - sorry Betty...you done good kid...but $10 is $10

Charles Manson - no more deserving son of a bitch in the world

Paul McCartney - this one will shock the entire world, but its time another Beatle was put to rest

Amarillo Slim Preston - seems healthy enough, but he's been dealt his last card

Leonard Nimoy - no longer required...replacement has been found

Barack Obama - this guy has had a target on his back for two years, but of all the list, it'll be the hardest one

Monty Hall - Let's Make a Deal...die...and I get $10!

Queen Elizabeth - should have considered her mother before I put her on my list

Prince Philip - oh yea...he'll go before she does

Miley Cyrus - nobody that young should be allowed to be that rich and live to tell about it

Phil Hellmuth Jr. - somebody has to shut him up but good

Mick Jagger - Keith Richards has so much chemical in him, he'll outlive God, but Mick can't keep up that pace...besides, he's too thin to be considered healthy

ill take the second one that you posted...

denis g's team...

not that I think they have the most potential of being dead, but because it has the most ppl that I would like to be dead.

(im going to hell)

I hate to say it, but I hope so...another 10 bucks for me if I read Milo correctly. lol
    Phil Hellmuth Jr. - somebody has to shut him up but good/QUOTE]

I just want to see if he can dodge real bullets
  • I think Dick Clark is a slam dunk for 2010 (he just needs to make it a few more minutes) :)
  • Hate to say it, but Dick Clark looked healthier this year than in the past few years. He's making his comeback and will probably outlive us all... Damn his godless soul.
  • ill take the second one that you posted...

denis g's team...

(im going to hell)

For the record, the only way you're involved is as a participant on someone's list. Please provide full name, address, etc. So that we may keep track of your existence, or lack thereof. When you assume room temperature, $10.00 will be paid to each player by the Moderator.

So, if pokerboy3343 dies this year, you ALL get paid by me.

So its like a rakeback? SWEET! Pokerboy3343...where do you live?
    For the record, the only way you're involved is as a participant on someone's list. Please provide full name, address, etc. So that we may keep track of your existence, or lack thereof. When you assume room temperature, $10.00 will be paid to each player by the Moderator.

Looks like he had enough to drink! Where are his car keys?

This DPL is going to be bad for me. I'm already scanning the major new sites to see if anyone on my list met their untimely demise last night.
    Abe Vigoda

Lol. There's a running joke about the subject since 1982 when People magazine referred to him as "the late". There's a web-site dedicated to his "status". abe vigoda status
    Hellmuth's Mole's team

Abe Vigoda
    Kirk Douglas
    Seve Ballesteros
    Mickey Rooney
    Courtney Love
    Amy Winehouse
    Kim Jong Il
    Zsa Zsa Gabor
    Wilford Brimley
    Andy Dick
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Phil Spector
    Peter O'Toole
    Mickey Rourke
    Keith Richards

Solid lead-off hitters, with an odd middle of the order. Plenty of pop in the bottom of the line-up, though. You know what they say . . . if it weren't for luck.

I think i did a decent job considering I forgot about it until 30 minutes before the deadline.

Vigoda is a bit of a joke pick (see above post) although his odds can't be any worse than many others.

Have you seen Kirk Douglas lately??

Seve's death would sadden me....at least I could collect the money and have enough for half a green's fee at a decent course.

I thought Rooney was 110 years old.....Wiki says he's only 89 so I consider this a bad pick.

Love and Winehouse are both living on borrowed time already. One of them should have taken Brittney Murphy's turn.

Kim Jong-Il - Intelligence reports have had him dead a few times and suffering from everything under the sun. Of course they may be American intell so he'll likely outlive me. Hell, even if he's dead tomorrow we may not find out until next year's draft.

Zsa Zsa could easliy go first. She's past due after numerous health issues.

Brimley - He's old. Another bad pick probably.

Andy Dick - Ready for another melt down. I wouldn't have a problem helping him along.

Ozzy - Johnnie's probably right.....bad pick, although who would be shocked if he's dead tomorrow?

Phil Spector - Under prison care probably another bad pick. If they'd let him out early it may not be much of a wait.

O'Tooles liver has been dead for years, I'm betting the rest of his body catches up this year.

Rourke is 57 going on 90 and a motorcycle enthusiast....nuff said.

Keith Richards.....ez game and I'm absolutely shocked my last pick got to me. C'mon Keith, let's go climb a tree and chase the dragon.

No I will go and prepare for my descent into Hell.

• Seve's death would sadden me....at least I could collect the money and have enough for half a green's fee at a decent course.

Zsa Zsa could easliy go first. She's past due after numerous health issues.

I was really hoping for these two. I think these are both sure-fire locks. Both are in poor health.
  • The ONLY Rolling Stone I would have picked would have been Ronnie Wood. Keith will be the guy doing cameos on Discovery Channel's Life After People . . .