Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

Comments

• I got it. Those turbos are just too fast at the end.
    thisORthat
  • edited November 2020
    I bubbled out again. Killer outs made by Addicted for the win!!! That lucky truck?

yz17x4jkfeay.png
    4f9cerxyvbvr.png

MrCaspan
  • yeah it was pretty quick and dirty at around 9:15pm with all ins etc...
    MrCaspanthisORthat
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited November 2020
    With a battle back and forth for final 3 the final players changed 1st place a few times... 3rd place was finally decided when @Addicted decided tripp 4s was not enough to beat coffanndnail80 so he decided go for 4, then the game was almost decided but a 2 outer hits the river to give @Addicted the win and slap @MrCaspan in the face for a great finish!
    me2kua2el5bn.png
    thisORthat
  • yeah got lucky but riding the wave my friend..
    MrCaspanthisORthat
  • Addicted wrote: »
    yeah got lucky but riding the wave my friend..
    What direction were you facing?

• no idea but enjoying the trip
    compueaseMrCaspan
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited November 2020
    Friday Night Poker with S&M will be streaming again this Friday (love that title) I'll be using YouTube as it seems to work better but there will be a 2 min delay so that we can talk about hands that players are in without influencing any decision if they are watching. So if you chat something just realize the delay is there. If anyone would like to do a cameo just let me know! Stream will go live about 7:15 just to make sure its all working right! Fridays night game is a Deep stack Freeze out as the rebuy turbo tournament we played last week was more of a game of bingo by the final table. I looked at doing a rebuy deep stack but the game could last till 3am and for a $75 prize pool I don't think anyone is playing till 3AM. Maybe if there is enough interest and enough notice we could do a $20 Deep stack rebuy, one of these Fridays that we would stream. if we go the same number of players ~16 that would be a decent prize pool and worth playing toll 3AM maybe? let me know what you think. For this Friday I think the Deep Stack Freezeout works better to ensure final three have ~150 BB spread between them to make it more interesting and strategic.

• I had some luck early to make the money a couple of times and then I had a streak of $hitting the bed so I feel like tonight I'm due to make the money again! Looking forward to this each and every week. Thanks for organizing!
  • We have you figured out now... Unlike me, you bluff.
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited November 2020
    We have a winner for Friday night Pokers with S&M
    @DrTyore takes 3rd
    @djgolfcan claims 2nd
    @labeach2002 takes 1st

Thanks to everyone who joined the stream and gave us much needed feedback! Last hand was all in pre flop but by the Turn DJ was drawing dead!

8r8xcrsbdebt.png
    thisORthat
  • edited December 2020
    MrCaspan wrote: »
    Maybe if there is enough interest and enough notice we could do a $20 Deep stack rebuy, one of these Fridays that we would stream. ...

I'd be game for a $20 toruney. Ideally at least ten peoples sign up... Maybe the odd Sunday or Saturday game could start up now that Jack-o-Frosty is back with another snowstorm?
  • Well forth place pays as much as tenth...
  • I would be interested in playing a $20 tourney once on a Friday as a "Christmas gift donation" for someone. Probably won't be a donation for me, given the way I've played the past few weeks :D
  • Ok a couple of things, I am fine with scheduling a $20 game on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon say Dec 18 or 19. Preference? We could even lengthen the blinds to 15 min if we do a Saturday afternoon game since that will add significantly to the length. The past 2 games have gone over 3 1/2 hrs with 18 and 16 players so if we got that many players we would likely run 5+ hrs with 15 min blinds.

Also should we schedule a PLO format game weekly again on a particular evening now that it's cold outside?
    thisORthatMrCaspan
  • edited December 2020
    Whiner (Winner) take all - no chops or deals? Called Scrooged or Santa's Stocking Fund ?
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited December 2020
    thisORthat wrote: »
    Whiner (Winner) take all - no chops or deals? Called Scrooged or Santa's Stocking Fund ?

That takes the poker out of it and turns it into an all in fest... Not happening. Not even the Merry Xmas Madness did that.
  • I am good with an afternoon game on the 19th, $20 buy in freezeout, 15 min blinds. We can do a nice broadcast for that also. Any one else interested in that?
    thisORthat
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited December 2020
    Maybe like a 5pm start? Think we definitely need 14 or more people.
  • Everyone prepare to get excited. We have a rookie onliner joining up for tomorrow nights game. Might even be good enough to get folded and bfillmaff back..
    torontotablecptthisORthat
  • compuease wrote: »
    thisORthat wrote: »

That takes the poker out of it and turns it into an all in fest... Not happening. Not even the Merry Xmas Madness did that.

Anybody that's played against me knows I'm a guppy. Can somebody well versed in the nuances of poker please explain how making a tournament winner-take-all would cause players to make their predominant play/move "all-in" ?

My reasoning is that it'd force the game to play out heads up. Which essential is what poker is because very few pots go to show down multiway. That, and I'm intemperate rapacious shellfish. Hence, calling it Scrooged !!!
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited December 2020
    It's just my opinion but I always think it's up to the people who are winning the game to decide if they want to quit that game or continue that game. If you don't want to make a deal then you don't have to It's completely up to you. poker tournaments are extremely volatile and variant plays a huge deal of that. I know I talked to someone else before that maybe you win about 4% of the tournaments that you go in. And by win I mean you get to the cash. So by making a tournament winner take all it can really screw with that feeling of winning. It almost makes it not worth it to play. Who want to play a game where they win less than 1% of the time it's makes all the effort you put into something just feel wasted. And at that point in time it's an all-in fest because you're either going to win it or you're going to lose it so might as well not waste 5 hours just to lose it heads up to some idiot that shoves 73o to your KK and then lucks out.
    EdtheTed
    Everyone prepare to get excited. We have a rookie onliner joining up for tomorrow nights game. Might even be good enough to get folded and bfillmaff back..

He sounds like a real Ding Dong !
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    I know I talked to someone else before that maybe you win about 4% of the tournaments that you go in. And by win I mean you get to the cash.
    Not to get too far into this, but most tournaments pay down to 10-15% of the field. So if you (or whomever you were speaking with) are only cashing in 4% of them, it is way below expectation.
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited December 2020
    sorry that should have been 14%

Edit i think it was with Mark and we thought that still might be high
    Everyone prepare to get excited. We have a rookie onliner joining up for tomorrow nights game. Might even be good enough to get folded and bfillmaff back..

He sounds like a real Ding Dong !

Both of them are.... :wink:
    Toronto Pimp
  • edited December 2020
    MrCaspan wrote: »
    Who want to play a game where they win less than 1% of the time

Sir, I refer you to any and all lotteries.

Mark

• DrTyore wrote: »

Sir, I refer you to any and all lottery
    Mark
    But they are not going to waste 5 hours to play the lottery each day..
  • Does anybody use pokerstars on an iPad ?

The gosh darn thing was downloaded yesterday and worked. Today it just says connecting....... and never connects.

• Having proba right now too on Apple iPhone x