Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

Comments

• MrCaspan wrote: »
    thisORthat wrote: »
    A many free steals from the pringles can sat in and did better than about a third of the players field.
    I have no idea what you are saying here! You're saying many free Pringles cans sat in for you and did better than a 1/3rd of the field?

At the Royal Cup tournament. If a team was short a player for whatever reason. A pringles can sat in as a place holder. (also convoluted grammar)
    MrCaspan
  • There was one year where the "Rocks" used a "Pringles" can and the result was that Mr Pringles had the 2nd highest score on our team. Now our team didn't do very well that event but still.... Embarrassing.
  • Tisk tisk!
    For the true historians here, the "pringles can" started at Bristol street. Trying to remember what type of game it was, perhaps the 24 hour bender? Basically someone said they were coming, and as a place holder to help remind the dealer to deal to that spot, there was a pringles can placed there. It beat nearly half the field IIRC...

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Tisk tisk!
    For the true historians here, the "pringles can" started at Bristol street. Trying to remember what type of game it was, perhaps the 24 hour bender? Basically someone said they were coming, and as a place holder to help remind the dealer to deal to that spot, there was a pringles can placed there. It beat nearly half the field IIRC...

Mark

I don't agree, IIRC, it was at a Royal that Pringles made his/her first appearance. I definitely recall the conversation and the meeting of team captains where we discussed it and the ramifications. You are getting old son and getting confused. :wink: I also recall where it was mentioned being used after that at a Bristol as well but that WAS later.. Now my trivia question, who brought the Pringles can that first time? I know I brought it for later events, I remember Moose physically crushing the can, still full of chips, at the captains table one event. Violent guy wasn't he?
    Toronto Pimp
  • Everything was correct until the end. I never crushed a Pringle can. I might have started eating the Pringles however...
    MrCaspan
  • moose wrote: »
    Everything was correct until the end. I never crushed a Pringle can. I might have started eating the Pringles however...

I recall it differently. Distinctly recall the violent crushing sound... lol.. Even you are getting old... :wink:
  • The miser [me] placed third again. Which made it a break even night with my rebuys. Dreamlivin & Addicted duked it out HU for about ten minutes. Each being saved by a graceful river a few times. Until the inevitable occurred.
    0qq8p1is6h6m.png
  • Maybe an empty can. Who would waste good Pringles?
  • Checked with Zithal, and he remembers it originating there also, at either the "Jour de Poker" (24 hour game) or a MXM. I figured the first because MXM you wouldn't last long.

Mark
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited November 2020
    I respectfully disagree with both of you. Rob wouldn't have been at the Royal anyways. I didn't bring the first Pringles, no idea who had it there, but definitely that being the original use. Now was that at the downtown Kitchener location, circa 2010??? Or was it when we first moved to the Brookfield golf club? Would take some serious detective work. And Rob did crush an unopened Pringles, we ate them anyways.. That was at the captains table at Beaverdale, perhaps 2014?? Memory gets fuzzy on dates, but on actual events I am solid.. ;)

Just did a little detective work. We moved from Brookfield to Beaverdale for Royal XIII in April 2013, our current home.
    I believe our last Kitchener event, Royal VIII, ( and the one we lost Sandro at) was in April 2010. That was when Al and I sorta took over. For Royal Cup IX we moved back to our original Milton location. Then for XI we moved to Brookfield in Apr 2012
  • Pringles was Beaverdale. But what you say doesn't make sense. Why would a team captain be away and need a pringle can? I don't ever remember a captain being away.
    First pringles was I think wolff's team.
  • I know we didn't have a captain away but as I recall someone brought it over and you destroyed the poor fella... Yes it was at Beaverdale where that happened but I don't really recall it's first appearance, it may have even been as early as the downtown Kitchener location.
  • Y'all can't agree on the destruction or even location.... I promise you this originated at Bristol and migrated to RC :)
    You can agree with me later.
    Mark
  • An alcoholic pickled cerebrum is not really the definitive source of accurate history. ;)
    trigsToronto Pimp
  • Two games tonight?
  • Everyone:
    I think I can cancel one of tonight's games if everyone is ok with that. Usually Friday night is a freezeout so I would propose that we cancel the rebuy. I'll need some "buy-in" on this idea before going ahead.
  • I like the rebuy. Plus with the rebuy you have 20k starting chips vs the 10k of the freeze out. But I’m good with whatever. Plus 4 people are registered now vs 3 in the freeze out
  • Can U let those enrolled in the tourney that you choose to cancel, know to register in the other tourney
  • Can U let those enrolled in the tourney that you choose to cancel, know to register in the other tourney
    Right now it's the same players in both (except for Young Grimmm, who's only in the rebuy. I'll make sure I let anyone know if I cancel one of the games.
  • I'm sorry can you explain which one I'm supposed to join tonight
  • One is rebuy 20k starting other is 10k starting no rebuy. Which would u like to play
  • Looks like OMC has solved our problem. Re-buy it is.
  • Which one?
    You're already registered and there's only one available now.
  • I meant which omc? It kept correcting
  • The OMC I was referring to was compuease
    MrCaspan
  • That superstack rebuy comes up every week as I don't want to delete all of them as they are not a choice anymore. I ws manually deleting week by week but missed it this week. The 3 people registered in the doublestack were also registered in this one so I just deleted the doublestack.
  • Keep in mind this one is a turbo so goes quicker
    MrCaspanthisORthat
  • Crazy game tonight.. Woooot won this time!!
  • compuease wrote: »
    Keep in mind this one is a turbo so goes quicker
    Turbos are good for week nights where people likely have a nine to five the hexed day.