Labatt Blue free WPT entry

Comments

• I don't think it takes labatt's people people to get you to play QJ against a raise :)
  • Yeah, but I won THAT pot. And as I've said many a time, it's really all about the results, isn't it? :wink:
  • I'll be doing a phone interview with AM 800 in the Windsor area tomorrow (Friday March 18th) at the ungodly hour of 7:20 am.

I'll be on a breakfast TV show in the London area on Monday morning. Details to follow.
  • Being as I'm never up at such ongodly hours to catch the radio promos, and Labatt's seems to rarely update their website, just curious as to when they are going to start posting some info on dates, venues, etc. for some of these qualifiers... Been checking the site for weeks and nothin. You'd think patience would be a virtue most poker players have, but guess I'm lacking a little there... :)
  • Hey Scooby,

In the interviews I've been doing I've been saying to check the site 'mid-month'. You are right, here we are, it's mid-month. I spoke with a rep. today about this, and they are working very hard to confirm the last of the participating bars. As soon as they are confirmed they will be up on the site.

I have an educated guess: Monday. It's just a guess, but lately I've actually been given the names of participating bars to mention in interviews. (For example, 'McLaren's' in Ottawa, 'Club 77' and 'Backdoor Dog' in Hamilton. OK, 'Backdoor Dog' isn't the real name, I forget what it is, but that's pretty damn close... I forget the names of the Toronto ones.) This makes me think that they are VERY close.

As I'm sure you can appreciate, this is an enormous undertaking. A LOT of tournaments will need to be organized here. They are prepared for it, and the info will be available soon.

Don't worry, you won't miss your chance. I suspect that participating bars won't start to give out Labatt Blue poker chips until the website is up and running, and to my knowledge, there isn't a 'cap' on the number of chips they give out. I think they just keep giving them out until they draw for the seats, which I'd expect will happen in early April, but don't quote me.
  • Cool. Much appreciated. Hopefully they manage to have some games outside the GTA for us lowly K-Wites...
  • I'll be on 'The New Day' morning television show on Monday March 21 at 7:00 am. It's CFPL for London, and CHWI for Windsor.
  • all_aces where's your next stop ? :)
  • I think the '24' magazine and the London Free Press articles will both come out this week, but I've already completed the interviews for those. It looks like we've effectively saturated a lot of the local markets (for now) so it looks like I get a bit of a break for a while.

Whew. That was an intense few weeks. :)
  • all_aces wrote:
    I think the '24' magazine and the London Free Press articles will both come out this week, but I've already completed the interviews for those. It looks like we've effectively saturated a lot of the local markets (for now) so it looks like I get a bit of a break for a while.

Whew. That was an intense few weeks. :)

LOL :D time for a quick nap AA :smile:
  • FYI, it looks like they've finally updated their site, and have a few venues listed. Hoping there's more to come (specifically in K-W area)...
  • So how am I supposted to get a poker chip into the tournment for the WPT?
    I have to go to the bar at is having the event an ask them for a chip or they have to have a draw to get into it?? im confused about this so let me know.
  • From the second page of this thread:
    Registration works like this, in general, to the best of my knowledge so far:

Participating bars will be handing out Blue poker chips during the promotion. I think you get one every time you buy a Blue, or maybe you get one if you simply ask for one. Again, further details closer to the actual tournaments. Then you enter your chip(s) into a draw at the bar. Number of players per qualifying tournament will depend on size of establishment. They'll draw a chip for each seat they have available, and if yours is picked, you play the qualifier. If you win it, you move on to the 88-player tournament in which the winner will receive paid entry into the WPT.
  • BigBoss wrote:
    So how am I supposted to get a poker chip into the tournment for the WPT?
    I have to go to the bar at is having the event an ask them for a chip or they have to have a draw to get into it?? im confused about this so let me know.

I see... in my Crystal Ball.......kind of fuzzy......... all_aces........some kind of a website...he is reccomending something......... go there for details......beer.........sweet sweet beer..........

www.labattblue.ca

EDIT: Dang it. I'm always a little too slow with the Crystal Ball these days.

ScottyZ
  • Roflmao.
  • what's the reason this promotion is not in BC?

Pretty bummed about this. Also anyone know why we can't get the CPT in BC?.

this sucks. im going to move east.
  • Yes, i was wondering the same thing....is the labatt contest in vancouver as well ( or if it's done, was it?) I couldnt get he labat site to work either, so im not sure about any other details in regards to west coast dates or dates in general.
  • I was wondering if they annouced if they were doing them at any bars yet? I tried logging onto the site, but once I clicked "search for a location near you" it never loaded.
  • Gaming is regulated provincially, and for reasons unknown to me, some provinces have chosen not to participate in this promotion. For more info., you should contact your province's gaming commission.
  • I was wondering if anyone has seen a list of the GTA area tourneys?, since the labatt blue site doesnt have any scrolling so the entire list cant be seen.
  • FOSSIL AND HAGGIS!!!!! YEA BABY!! that's my bar, i've been going there for years, I can't believe it's one of the 88 bars in the country, that's crazy. I've gotta win this one for sure.
  • LOL, GL CrazyJoe. I'm sorry Ion and everyone, but I only know what we all can find out at labattblue.ca. My initial role as their spokesperson is done, for now, and they don't send me any information regarding where and when the tournaments will be taking place. Hopefully everyone eventually gets all the info they'll need at the site, and one of you takes the whole thing down.
  • FOSSIL AND HAGGIS!!!!! YEA BABY!! that's my bar, i've been going there for years, I can't believe it's one of the 88 bars in the country, that's crazy. I've gotta win this one for sure.

Joe where do you live, I am 5 mins away from there!.
  • So all we do i show up? at these venues? Whoooaa they have em in hamilton :)
  • So when do the participating bars actually start handing out chips and taking entries into their own tourneys? The website doesn't specify and the bar closest to me that is on the website doesn't seem to have a clue.....
  • So for the KW area they have listed McMillans on King and the University of Waterloo, but it doesn't really where at UW. Does anyone know where? Fed Hall or the bomber maybe? Are they giving out the chips already or do you only get them the day of the event?
  • at the bar near my place, when u buy a beer u get a chip
    show up on game night, and 32 names of all chip holders are drawn
    those 32 play, and 2 winners go to TO

anyone want to share a pic of the chips?
    i could go get one, but i have to go and buy someone else a beer since i don't drink it...any takers? ;-)
  • i could go get one, but i have to go and buy someone else a beer since i don't drink it...

As with any similar contest, there must be a "no purchase necessary" method for entry. (Usually something like mailing in a SASE, writing a short essay, or just showing up at the bar and asking.) Check the website for the details.

If you were forced to buy a beer to enter this contest, this would violate pretty much every gaming and liquor control law there is. These kinds of contests are usually set up so that buying a certain product is the most convenient way to enter, but it's not allowed to be the only way.

ScottyZ
  • Do u have to buy a labatt product or any beer? Cuz bud taste soo much better then blue
  • well...it is the labatt blue poker thingy...