Labatt Blue free WPT entry

Comments

• Cool, send me a PM or something when you find out more about your Ottawa trip.

Sounds good that you at least get to head here the night before. You probably need as much of a sleep-in as possible to be able to fend off the Ottawa cold. Hang on, I just got an emergency flash email from the Ottawa Tourism Board. They tell me I meant to say "...to be able to enjoy the balmy Ottawa weather."

At dire risk of this being pegged as man-flirting*, I nonetheless have to say: bring your long johns. ;)

ScottyZ

*Not to mention the risk of being hunted down like an animal and skinned alive by the Ottawa Tourism Board.
  • AA, do you happen to kinda know which WPT event it is? Possibly the PCA event, as I think thats the only event I am eligible. I may just even participate for the heck of it!
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Cool, send me a PM or something when you find out more about your Ottawa trip.

Sounds good that you at least get to head here the night before. You probably need as much of a sleep-in as possible to be able to fend off the Ottawa cold. Hang on, I just got an emergency flash email from the Ottawa Tourism Board. They tell me I meant to say "...to be able to enjoy the balmy Ottawa weather."

At dire risk of this being pegged as man-flirting*, I nonetheless have to say: bring your long johns. ;)

I declare MAN-FLIRTING!!!!!

Ewwwww - even worse, Man-flirting between MODERATORS!!
  • AA, do you happen to kinda know which WPT event it is?
    Hi Tilter! No, I'm afraid the exact WPT event is to be determined. If you are of legal drinking age in Canada, you are eligible to participate. If you win, they will find a WPT event that you can legally compete in.
    I declare MAN-FLIRTING!!!!!
    Twisted, twisted, twisted. :wink:

Scotty, thanks for the heads-up on the Ottawa weather. Trust me, Toronto isn't exactly balmy at the moment either... :eek:
  • Cool, looks like I will have to win a cheap buyin into the PCA I guess lol. Still good tho, ill give it a shot I guess!
  • "Right away, I can tell you're not nearly as annoying as Phil Hellmuth"

... Funny stuff, Derringer, but those of us who know, know better. :D

Great job once again Devin.

Sounded to me like Derringer is really a poker player/fan ... he seemed to know the game, and felt right at home discussing it with you ... for me, it was nice to hear a discussion that actually got into the strategy of the game a bit more.

And, he continues to be a funny guy ... "hmmm, legs that dispense beer ... sounds like Jeff's former girlfriend" :)

I tell ya, aces, I see work on the other side of the camera in your future!

macbb
  • I also heard the spot on the mighty Q this morning. I had to come to work early since the only way I can get that station is in my car :) It sounds like the hype is definately mounting. I sincerely hope that this chip promotion allows some good players to get into the qualifiers and win, not just regulars and boozers who need the dealer to tell them if they won the hand or not.
  • This morning was awesome for me... John was really easy to talk to, and like macbb said, he knows the game, so were able to discuss strategy a little more. Of course, I still have to keep it accessible and I think we managed to discuss everything in layman's terms, more or less.

Thanks for listening guys, this is a lot of fun. It's nice to be interviewed about things you're really familiar with, and you like; it makes it much easier to forget that you're on-air.
    "Right away, I can tell you're not nearly as annoying as Phil Hellmuth"

... Funny stuff, Derringer, but those of us who know, know better. :D
    We all gotta have goals! :)
  • annoying website.
  • Devin, good job this morning. I don't normally listen to the Q, but tuned in for your segment.

I think you did a great job explaining things without getting too technical. Keep it up man!:cool:
  • Thanks very much for your feedback H42.

I'll be phoning in to two London radio stations early Monday morning for anyone who's in the area and awake enough to care. :)

980 AM at 7:20 or shortly after.
    FM 96 at 8:10 or shortly after.

Ottawa details are still being finalized.
  • 980 AM at 7:20 or shortly after.
    FM 96 at 8:10 or shortly after.

They're expecting poker players to listen to these?

I mean come on. The typical poker player will have to stay awake for an extra hour or two just to catch these broadcasts. ;)

ScottyZ
  • I'll be on FM 96 at approx. 8:40 this morning instead of 8:10.
  • I think scotty is right, unless it's 8:10pm, you ain't getting poker players to listen.
  • Damn I missed it. Sorry, I forgot all about it. How'd it go?
  • Good thanks! The London Free Press article didn't come out in Saturday's paper, I think it's been pushed back. I'll let you know which day it will be when I find out.

I did manage to slip in a 'shout out' to the family that I have in London in my AM980 interview, so that was cool. :)
  • Due to inclement weather moving into the Ottawa area and the fear of flight cancellations that would leave me stuck there (and unable to play the CPT on Wednesday) my Ottawa stop has been moved to next week. I think I'll be doing some Toronto stuff tomorrow instead, details to follow.
  • ...inclement weather moving into the Ottawa area...

No kidding. :eek: It's actually pretty bad luck in terms of the timing. The weather was fantastic* for most of the weekend.

Smart move changing the date on this. There probably will be significant delays/cancellations at YOW today & tonight.

And finally, an appeal for foreign aid: Help us to survive the weather here today in Ottawa. Send rations! And by rations I mean beer.

ScottyZ

*Well, maybe just fantastic relative to Ottawa weather. This means there was no ice storm, and the windchill touched the minus teens. ;)
  • What kind of beer, ScottyZ?
  • all_aces wrote:
    What kind of beer, ScottyZ?

Leffe Blond, please.

Don't worry... I'm still supporting your parent company at least. ;)

ScottyZ
  • MORE MAN-FLIRTING!!!

Get a private forum for this sort of thing guys. :eek:
  • Two things tomorrow so far:

I pre-record an interview with Flow 93.5 (Toronto) at 7:10 am. It will air "later that hour in the program".

I pre-record an interview with CKQB-FM The Bear (Ottawa) to air next week. I'll find out exactly when and post the details when I get them. A trip to Ottawa is now scheduled for Wednesday, March 16.

And for Wednesday, March 9th:

I'll be on Y108 via telephone at 8:00 am. (Hamilton/Toronto)
  • My Y108 interview originally scheduled for Wednesday March 9th has been moved to sometime next week.

I'll be on the Dean Blundell show on Thursday March 10th. (Toronto area) It's on The Edge (102.1 FM), and I'll be on at 9:00 am or shortly after.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Leffe Blond, please.

Don't worry... I'm still supporting your parent company at least. ;)

ScottyZ
    leffeblond3ky.jpgenjoy :wink:
  • Aces, I wanted to ask about the awarding of a prize for this whole thing. PM me or maybe I will speak with you about it tomorrow.

Cheers (and good luck)
  • Aces, I wanted to ask about the awarding of a prize for this whole thing.
    A prize for the longest advertising thread in the history of the forum? I'm a shoe-in. I'll take it. :wink:
  • I'll be on CityTV's 'Breakfast Television' tomorrow (Toronto area, Friday March 11) morning. Unfortunately, I'm not sure exactly when... sometime between 7:30am and 9:00am is the best I can do for now, and if I hear anything more specific I'll post it here.

I recorded a phone interview this morning with 'HITZ FM', a St. Catherines-based radio station. The interview will air tomorrow (Friday March 11) morning between 7:00 and 7:30.
  • "Aces", caught your interview this morning on 102.1 fm, good job ! Labatts should consider selling the tables with the beer in the legs, everyone wants one.

Whats the dial # for "hitz" fm?
  • 97.7 I think. It steaches as far as K-W, but barely.
  • Thanks mac! Mr. Blundell was a very easy host to talk to, and I personally enjoyed it because I got to yell "THE ISLAND OF CRETE!" at the start of it. (Yes, there was a context... it wasn't just a random thing.)

BTV tomorrow should be interesting because it's my first TV spot... a little nerve-wracking, but I'm getting used to it all.