Labatt Blue free WPT entry

Comments

• esool wrote:
    If it's not too much trouble could you reschedule this for an hour later? I need my beauty sleep.
    I'll see what I can do. :wink:
    Soup66 wrote:
    Thats awesome! Those guys are HILARIOUS. I used to wake up early, listen to the show, then go back to bed. I'm sure this will be very entertaining.
    I hope so... I'm a bit nervous about all this stuff, but as you mentioned, the hosts for this show are funny enough that it would be pretty tough for me to screw up too badly...
  • First of all, congrats all_aces, I know you will represent 'us' as we should be represented. Keep the bookings coming. I dont know if I will be able to listen to the first one, but I plan to listen to as many as I can.

Secondly, the link for 'find a game near you' doesnt work for me either. Since it is a new promo (and we should feel honoured to be some of the first to know :) ) they probably havent loaded that yet. I'll keep my eye on it tho.

EDIT: (Mental note: Be sure to CAREFULLY read previous posts before responding - March 1st aint mid-March)

88 Player tourney - my nick is 88 - do you think it's a sign? :tongue:
  • 88: dude, if that isn't a sign, I don't know what is. GL to you.
  • all_aces wrote:
    I hope so... I'm a bit nervous about all this stuff, but as you mentioned, the hosts for this show are funny enough that it would be pretty tough for me to screw up too badly...

Don't worry Devin, Its not like we would make fun of you if you put your foot in your mouth.

Good luck buddy, I will be listening!
  • Don't worry Devin, Its not like we would make fun of you if you put your foot in your mouth.
    I'm sure that nobody here would dream of such a thing.
  • Again, for those who are interested. (Hi mom.)

Tomorrow (Thursday's) interview with Blundell at the Edge has been moved to sometime next week. Here is an updated schedule:

Thurs March 3: Toronto area. MOJO AM 640. On-air at 8:45 am or shortly after.
    Friday March 4: Toronto area. Q107. On-air at 8:30 am or shortly after.
    Mon March 7: London area. Phone-in to FM96 @ 8:00 am or shortly after.
    Tues March 8: Ottawa area. I'm going there and back to do something, not sure what yet.

Cheers!
  • Oh yeah, and Wednesday March 9, I actually PLAY POKER! :) CPT Port Perry.
  • Tues March 8: Ottawa area. I'm going there and back to do something, not sure what yet.

SWEET

ScottyZ
  • Wow, that is some great exposure. I think they have you on the best stations in the area. If I wasn't at work, I would love to listen.
    Is it possible that you can post a transcript of each show? I am sure I am not the only one who would be interested in reading it.
  • all_aces wrote:
    Again, for those who are interested. (Hi mom.)

Tomorrow (Thursday's) interview with Blundell at the Edge has been moved to sometime next week. Here is an updated schedule:

Thurs March 3: Toronto area. MOJO AM 640. On-air at 8:45 am or shortly after.
    Friday March 4: Toronto area. Q107. On-air at 8:30 am or shortly after.
    Mon March 7: London area. Phone-in to FM96 @ 8:00 am or shortly after.
    Tues March 8: Ottawa area. I'm going there and back to do something, not sure what yet.

Cheers!

Wow. All this time not at the poker table. You will be average like the rest of us in no time.
    :tongue:
  • Yeah, the promotion and some other things are seriously cutting into my poker schedule. :wink: I'm OK with that, though.

As for being 'average', I know you were kidding, but I think that many of the players on this forum are above-average. Why do you think I've been avoiding the forum tournaments??? You think I can just throw away ten bucks like that? :D
  • AA, I heard you this morning on MOJO.

Good job, you didn’t come off as nervous at all. Well explained and said.

It seemed like Oakley wanted to just talk about poker in general and not the promo.

BTW, what do you mean 100K, cough cough, don’t you know revenue Canada was listening! Didn’t you mead 10K!

:D

Rob.
  • Dead Money wrote:
    AA, I heard you this morning on MOJO.

Good job, you didn’t come off as nervous at all. Well explained and said.

It seemed like Oakley wanted to just talk about poker in general and not the promo.

BTW, what do you mean 100K, cough cough, don’t you know revenue Canada was listening! Didn’t you mead 10K!

:D

Rob.

Well done Dev ... you sounded very comfortable, and will make a good spokesman for the promotion.

I see the new Norman Chad or Vince Van Patten in your future. :D

Like Rob, I squirmed a bit when dollars were mentioned, and maybe even noticed a small pause. :smile: "um, yeah, something like that"

gg,

macbb
  • LOL. Thanks guys, thanks for listening. Your comments mean a lot to me--I'm new at this. As for talking about exactly how much I make at poker, well, let's just say that I gave a rough estimate. And I'm in the process of figuring out my taxes anyways, so I really don't have much to hide in that regard. I think it would be impossible to hide anyways, even if I chose to try.

Oakley was actually great about mentioning the Blue promo without me bringing it up. It's an interesting dance, but one I will hopefully get used to, sooner rather than later.

Again, thanks for listening, and for your comments.
  • all_aces wrote:

Any questions that you have that are beyond 'what can I win' and 'how do I win it' should probably be directed to Labatt's, through their website.

Ok, Ill bite, How do I win it?
  • I can answer that!

Two ways:

1) To win a custom poker table or a trip for 4 to Vegas, buy a case of Blue. If you find a gold or silver poker chip inside, you will be entered into a draw to win these prizes. I believe this promotion has just started.

2) To win what we all really want to win--a free seat in a WPT event, all expenses paid--you have to win two qualifying tournaments. Starting in April, bars across the country will be giving away Labatt Blue poker chips. Get one (or more) and enter them into a draw at the bar. Those picked in the draw will win seats to the first qualifying tournament, to be held at the bar in which you received your chip. (A list of participating bars will be posted at www.labattblue.ca mid this month.)

If you win your qualifier, you will be flown to Toronto (if you don't live in or around Toronto, obviously). There, the winners of each of the 88 qualifying tournaments will play for the big prize. First place gets the seat, the flight, the hotel, etc... Blue will pick the WPT event, could be Paris, LA, Vegas, they are not sure yet.

The key is that it's free. So why not try? I would, if I could... :)
  • all_aces wrote:
    I can answer that!

Two ways:

1) To win a custom poker table......

Well I did mean how do I WIN the tournament.

Sarcasm is so lost electronically :tongue:
  • Sarcasm is so lost electronically
    Especially when the person on the other end of it is in full-on 'promotion mode'.

ROFLMAO.

Anywho, there are the details nonetheless. How do you win a poker tournament... got a few years? :wink:
  • to be honest, i'd much rather win the table. i can buy a trip to vegas, but as far as i know, i can't buy a poker table that dispenses drinks from the legs! i can't even think how i'd make that...any ideas?
  • all_aces wrote:
    Especially when the person on the other end of it is in full-on 'promotion mode'.

ROFLMAO.

Anywho, there are the details nonetheless. How do you win a poker tournament... got a few years? :wink:

when did you start charging by the hour ;)

Seriously years...or did you misspell beers for this tourney?
  • Tomorrow (Friday March 4) on Q107 (Toronto) has been moved from 8:30 am to 8:10 am, or shortly thereafter.

I just did an interview with the London Free Press. The article will appear in the 'Lifestyle' section of this Saturday's edition (March 5).

Monday and Tuesday (London and Ottawa so far) are still in the works and I'll post details when I get more info.

Cheers!
  • The key is that it's free. So why not try? I would, if I could..

Yeah, but you have drink Blue. There has to be a better way!
  • Well you are supposed to buy Blue. However, the Liquor Laws on Ontario forbid a contest that is exclusive to a particular item in a bar/restuarant. You can actually just ask for one and you are supposed to get one. If I could recall the quote from the law, I would post it. Perhaps I will look one day.
  • That is correct. If you are of legal drinking age, you can ask for a Labatt Blue poker chip at a participating bar, and you will be handed one. All of these details should be somewhere on www.labattblue.ca
  • (which they do have in Germany) and not allowing customers to fight (they have to mention this?) they state "Don't raffle liquor or hold contests that involve buying, drinking or winning liquor".

So there you have it.

But for all aces sake, we should order a lot of Blue and make this contest really successful. Then not only will Labatt's be happy with him but they might have this contest again. And who wouldn't want a free trip to a WPT event? So drink the Blue or buy don't drink it and count it as an investment for your bankroll.
  • so, i'm a little confused about the no purchase entries. i know every contest has to offer that option, but i couldn't find any details on the site. so, if i ask for a chip, they give me one. is that a chip that enters me in the draw for the table? cause that's what i'm after. and since i don't drink beer at all, that's really my only shot...in fact, while you're handing me that chip, pour me a shot...thank you.

is that the deal?
  • Does anyone know of any "participating locations" in the K-W area yet?

Thanks.
  • so, if i ask for a chip, they give me one. is that a chip that enters me in the draw for the table?
    That chip is basically a ballot that enters you into a draw to play the first WPT sat. The way to win the poker table is to buy a case of Blue. If you'd like to win the poker table without buying a case of Blue, there is probably a way to do it. Again, contact Labatt about these technicalities...
    Does anyone know of any "participating locations" in the K-W area yet?
    Again, go to www.labattblue.ca around the middle of this month for a list of participating bars in your area.
  • I feel I should add some great words of wisdom, also a warning worth heeding throughout this entire event:

Homer: Whoo! Don't try to eat these so-called "chips".

And by the way, all_aces, are there any websites out there you'd care to recommend? I'm thinking of doing some of this so-called "web browsing", around, say, the middle of this month.

;););)

ScottyZ
  • LOL Scotty, thanks for that. Ottawa's starting to fill in; I'll be flying out Monday night sometime and back Tuesday night, probably doing a few of the media outlets while I'm there. I'll let you know when I have more details!