Resurrection of the Royal Cup VIII

Comments

• philliivey wrote: »
    go girls go!:)

You like cheering for the big underdogs do ya Philli?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Johnnie, you have the Ching Hill Team? I think Darryl is the capt... Who's team is DataMn Al playing on?

I did forget Ching Hill. Yes, Wetts is Team Captain.

I'm not sure Al has a team? Unless KitWho? picked him up.

I know I'm being an anal-retentive asshole (pun intended!) about getting the team lists in ASAP, but I have plans Friday night, and I don't want to be up all night assigning the seats!
  • compuease wrote: »
    You like cheering for the big underdogs do ya Philli?

That is not the correct word . . . everybody knows Philli likes big pairs.
  • Al to date has rebuffed multi team attempts to get him to play...my most recent request was last night.

KitWho? is still looking for 2.
  • I would rather concentrate on making sure that the event runs in a timely manner on the day. One thing I would like to do is keep an eye on keeping things running as quickly as possible - I have seen pairings for the final rounds wait until everyone else is done and I don't want to see that this year.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    I don't want to see that this year.
    ut oh... We have a new Sargeant in town....
  • The day is going to go pretty quick regardless if you end up with 5 teams.

Kit Who is looking for 2 players - PM me if you want a spot!
    Ching Hill is looking for 3 players

Dave
    I would rather concentrate on making sure that the event runs in a timely manner on the day. One thing I would like to do is keep an eye on keeping things running as quickly as possible - I have seen pairings for the final rounds wait until everyone else is done and I don't want to see that this year.

Current structure is meant for 10 teams. You guys will have a lot of time on your hands if you have 7 teams. You may want to add time to blinds. The headsup pairings ran a bit later in the first few Royals a bit by design as there were crucial matchups that could decide it all. The last couple have been pushed more to get things done quicker. Also Milton had some big leads. You probably won't need to push that IMHO.

Good luck and have fun it should be a blast.
  • OK, I'd like to get opinions on whether they think I should play or not...

I know that Sandro always played, but he also had Miranda and others helping out. He also had a firm grasp on everything that needed to be done and when - something we will still be playing by ear on the day. But, maybe I'm being paranoid in thinking that there should be something keeping an eye on what could go wrong.

Then again, maybe I'm being delusional in thinking I'm that guy..

Anyways, tell me what you think. I would hate to lose a team due to them needing one more player.
  • I say play Al

You know you've got plenty of others who've been there forever that can help out (myself, JohnnieH, Moose, etc).

Mark
    OK, I'd like to get opinions on whether they think I should play or not...

I know that Sandro always played, but he also had Miranda and others helping out. He also had a firm grasp on everything that needed to be done and when - something we will still be playing by ear on the day. But, maybe I'm being paranoid in thinking that there should be something keeping an eye on what could go wrong.

Then again, maybe I'm being delusional in thinking I'm that guy..

Anyways, tell me what you think. I would hate to lose a team due to them needing one more player.

AL sounds like you have support. I would say you should play. If you have any concerns/questions or possibly hiccups that I have encountered and can help let me know.
  • I am trying to figure out if I can play or not, kit who has asked me to play for them, My fucked up life keeps changing by the day so sorry to Johnnie and wolfhound for delay of a answer. I just have to check on 1 or 2 more things.

The problem is I will most likely be late, about 2-2 and a half hour drive if I don't run into any traffic issues and I have to make a quick stop in Toronto if the last couple things work out. So far I am guessing 30 minutes to a hour late.

Since I don't know what any of you look like, it will be a adventure when I 1st get there,lol:D ( well I have seen a pic of Hobbes, Milo, if that fails head towards where the most girls are at:p)
  • Hey Al,

Regardless of whom you play for, I think you should play. The day certainly has its extra challenges on you for looking after things, but, the "fun" part are the games/people themselves.

I don't believe that Sandros/Pinhead would have continued to return to the Royal just to run it. Gotta play.

Dave
  • If it matters, I vote that you play, Al.
  • If it matters to anyone that Al IS playing..

They're a douche and fuck ' em.... Play Al!

Mark
  • OK Dave,

It looks like I'm in for playing for Kit Who?

Al
    OK Dave,

Al

Wooohooo! Now I don't have to play against you!

Welcome aboard Al. Look out Milton Fossils.
    OK Dave,

Al

woooot! The 1-2 combo of the forum's private games on same team;)
  • Welcome aboard Al. Look out Milton Fossils.

Maybe the Rocks should withdraw? Perhaps that's what's driven the attendance down this year... Knowing you are fighting for 2nd, actually probably third since there are 2 Milton teams... :)

Thoughts? Should we play or withdraw?
  • Jeff...

I know "withdrawal" was the only viable option for you folks back in your day... but the fact that us younger generation kids are here KINDA suggests it's not a good idea - wouldn't you agree?

Mark
    OK Dave,

Al

Thats great news for KitWho? Roster is finalized.
    Hope Stud is ok Al.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Jeff...

I know "withdrawal" was the only viable option for you folks back in your day... but the fact that us younger generation kids are here KINDA suggests it's not a good idea - wouldn't you agree?

Mark

Abstinance would have been a better alternative seeing how the younger generation turned out.... ^-^
  • Dibs on Philli for the HU matches. Your stare means nothing Bay-boy . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Dibs on Philli for the HU matches. Your stare means nothing Bay-boy . . .

hahaha

on google earth trying to find this place, 2nd question is where do you park!

So it is about a hour from where I need to make a quick stop in Toronto, so I hope to be back on the highway about 9:20ish and on my way, looks like alot of traffic lights on the road to the location,lol

without saying the location in this thread mind you.;)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    hahaha

on google earth trying to find this place, 2nd question is where do you park!

So it is about a hour from where I need to make a quick stop in Toronto, so I hope to be back on the highway about 9:20ish and on my way, looks like alot of traffic lights on the road to the location,lol

without saying the location in this thread mind you.;)

There are a few good places to park in the area.

And one VERY bad one. Hellmuth's Mole and I parked there last year and the car got locked in the garage overnight!
  • Park in the Market Square Mall. Entrance is at Duke and Scott. Note: go in where it says Entrance and go up. It's free parking. Moose is the gold car. He is smart. JohnnieH is the grey car. Don't be the grey car.

I love street view!!!!!!!

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=King's+Hwy+401%2FMacDonald-Cartier+Fwy&daddr=Frederick+St+to:43.449757,-80.485797&hl=en&geocode=FWVelgIdKr41-w%3BFeYalwIdVQw0-w%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=16&via=1&sll=43.449772,-80.485711&sspn=0.013755,0.019805&ie=UTF8&ll=43.449803,-80.485711&spn=0.006184,0.019805&z=16&layer=c&cbll=43.449735,-80.485156&panoid=INpfoD3gMIhuZ6WmDPA1UA&cbp=11,236.11,,0,5

Also follow the path I have marked from the 401 to get there the fastest. After parking at the mall, walk through the mall and come out at street level on King St and you will be steps away from where you want to be.
  • Sorry still, Johnnie..still having problems confirming the last two spots.

Working on it!
  • moose wrote: »
    Park in the Market Square Mall. Entrance is at Duke and Scott. Note: go in where it says Entrance and go up. It's free parking. Moose is the gold car. He is smart. JohnnieH is the grey car. Don't be the grey car.

I love street view!!!!!!!

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=King's+Hwy+401%2FMacDonald-Cartier+Fwy&daddr=Frederick+St+to:43.449757,-80.485797&hl=en&geocode=FWVelgIdKr41-w%3BFeYalwIdVQw0-w%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=16&via=1&sll=43.449772,-80.485711&sspn=0.013755,0.019805&ie=UTF8&ll=43.449803,-80.485711&spn=0.006184,0.019805&z=16&layer=c&cbll=43.449735,-80.485156&panoid=INpfoD3gMIhuZ6WmDPA1UA&cbp=11,236.11,,0,5

Also follow the path I have marked from the 401 to get there the fastest. After parking at the mall, walk through the mall and come out at street level on King St and you will be steps away from where you want to be.

I will keep it in mind, that entrance does not get blocked after the mall closes does it? Also there is a sign there showing rates,lol wtf it's mall parking is it not?
  • If you read the rates sign, you pay M-F, since Royal is on a Sat, it would be freeeeeee. The mall will be closed after the Royal so you will have to walk up the ramp to get your car but the gates to get out will be open.
  • Anyone know were I can rent a Hellicopter. Someone has to make a Grand Enterance. lol