West Side is celebrating its one year anniversary on March 25th. Sold Out!!

124»

Comments

• Thanks to west side, it was a good day even if I did bust out relatively early due to tackling a rock 5 or 6 times after he hit his 3 outter and took chips from me. Then I tried to out maniac a rock..... ummmmmmmmmm didn't work to good. GG everyone.
  • Thanks for the tournament Brent, it seemed a bit more difficult to run this month with all of the players and cash games going on.  Kudos to Al, Cam, Mark, Johnnie and yourself of course on keeping it sane.

I finished 27th/135 or so, card dead for the last 2.5/3 hours.  I find you really need a few decent hands either in the blinds or otherwise to keep afloat.  I had nothing, well I did have 67d that I raised with and got called by Mandy with AJ.  Flop J 7 4 rainbow, I lost about 6K after she put me all in on the flop.  Yes, it got to the point that 67d in MP was looking huge!  hahaha.  So who won?  Congrats on a great finish Jeff, I'm getting used to seeing you at final tables (or atleast hearing about you being there).  Well deserved of course.

I'm off to Vegas at about 1pm today, wish me luck and I'll see you all when I return.

stp
  • Absolutely right Shannon, patience is fine, but you do need some cards, and just as importantly flops that hit to survive. I was card dead and on life support when we were around the mid point for quite a while but flopped a boat (pocket 6's) against Big Bob, and took most of his stack on a JJ6 flp where he had a J. Sorry Bob but it was either you or me going on there and my all in on the flop was supposed to signal to you to get out. Anyhow Shannon, thanks for the congrats, and have a great time in Vegas..  You should do very while with your style there. I wish I could mix it up as well as you, although I'm learning...     I might have even semi bluffed at a few pots lately.  :)
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    I was looking through your list and see a familiar name " Rob Spence"  Welcome back, hope your semi retirement has served you well......

It seemed to do me wel Joe. It was nice to see alot of you guy's again and meet some of you for the first time. I had a great time. Busted out in 15th place. I had p9's against AQ. The bet was 30,000 to me, I had 84,000(avr stack was 92,000). I got greedy and stupid and pushed all in and bam I'm out. Shoulda just called the 30,000 and seen the flop that would have left me with enough money to hang for quite awhile without having to make a move. Oh well. :)

I played strange all night, didn't settle into a pattern or anything. Didn't play any kind of traditional game at all. If I felt like playing the cards I did. Made some dumb moves and some good ones. I had a pretty good battle going most of the night with an older gentleman to my left (I forget your name, I am sorry for that), but everytime we got into it it was BIG.

Regardless I had a great time, it was the first tourney I have played in since August, so I am pretty happy with the finish (kinda, never should have tried to make a sensless move), I was expecting to be out before we hit the 100 player mark.

Brent, Cam and Al and everyone else involved Thank You. I will see you guy's at the next one. OH YEAH, what happened to the WITCHDOC?  Was looking forward to seeing him.
  • compuease wrote:
    Just back from Westside, out in 8th... My A,Q runs into chipleaders A,7,, You know the rest......

Hey, at least it's better then being 'Bubble Boy' and going out 14th after 10 hours, and getting nothing to show for it :'(:D - Nice work though on the 8th place finish.......

great job by Westside Poker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another excellent event!!!!!!!!!!!!

aces :as :ac on the amazing tourny boys......

c
  • First off, would like to Thank Brent and all the other people involved yesterday with running of the tournament. Very well done, and great to be a part of it. Maybe next time I might actually last a bit longer in the tourny. Anyways, it was nice to finally put some faces to everyone's forum handles. And next time hopefully can meet even more people. Also had a great time playing in the cash game, and learned my lesson when I knew I shoulda left, but stayed and got grabbed for about $200 on the last hand. Oh well, still up on the day, and thanks again Brent we will see you on Friday evening, and anyone else coming for the fund raiser.

Cheers,
    Shane
  • did the drunk guy end up winning, or did someone catch him on one of his $100k raises?

PokerJAH
  • He won...

What a great day for poker....
  • well he called it right; was he a member of the forum?
  • A GREAT TOURNAMENT BRENT - WISH I COULD HAVE HUNG AROUND LATER BUT JEFF HIT ME WITH HIS POCKET 6s. i thought my trip Js LOOKED GOOD ON THE FLOP AND I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO TACKLE JEFF WITH AN ALL IN BET BUT I TOOK MY SHOT AND LOST. I HAVNE'T SEEN ANYTHING YET AS TO WHO WON OR HOW JEFF OR LARRY ENDED UP BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO TALKING TO THEM LATEER TO-DAY

AGAIN, GREAT TOURNAMENT AND A BIG CONGRATS AND THANK YOU SHOULD GO TO YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT WORKED WITH YOU TO MAKE IT SUCH A GREAT DAY
  • Nicely done. This was my first time at a westside event, and the group is a class act. Kudos to all players and organizers.
  • AcidJoe wrote:

Thanks to west side, it was a good day even if I did bust out relatively early due to tackling a rock 5 or 6 times after he hit his 3 outter and took chips from me.  Then I tried to out maniac a rock..... ummmmmmmmmm didn't work to good.  GG everyone. 

Hmmm, think that was only one hand and it was preflop... You had been bullying and he took a stand? Think the others it was his good read that he was ahead..... and right.... The Rocks aren't always as rocky as they appear... lol........ Let the mud... er rock slinging begin.... :)
  • Jeff, you know me.... I don't bully...... I just make you commit a large portion of your stack to see the flop. 

P.S. I know the rocks aren't as rocky as they appear especially as their chips go down.
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Jeff, you know me.... I don't bully...... I just make you commit a large portion of your stack to see the flop. 

P.S.  I know the rocks aren't as rocky as they appear especially as their chips go down. 
    Fear the Rock baby, fear the rock!