Ryder Cup of Poker::: waterloo 2

Comments

• if we need a place to practice i can definately offer up my place... only thing i don't have is a table top.
    Any word on the format? ie. levels and starting chips?
  • Nothing yet, but Sandro said he's hoping to get out more info by the end of the week

If we're playing some warmup games I think we should probably play deep stacks and
    long blind levels anyway just to get in some practice (especially for Stud)
  • Pinhead wrote:
    If we're playing some warmup games I think we should probably play deep stacks and
    long blind levels anyway just to get in some practice (especially for Stud)

We are gonna get some young studs together to play some stud. LOL :D
  • LOL, yes yes we are. I agree with the deep stacks, i just think that it may be good to get some practice in with the same structure... just a thought... all depends on the practice time we get.
  • Hey Pinhead, did you get my PM regarding another option regarding the last member (possibly of the team?)
  • If we have one of our 8 players back out, Cole Woods pmed me and said he'd like the spot.
    I've got confirmation of 7 and I expect to get the 8th after a certain 1/2NL cash game tonight
  • For stud our best bet is just to play a small stakes cash game, for a limit tournament just understanding how to play the game is the most important thing. For PLO that's probably also the best way, though in a pot-limit game I think adjusting to the rising blinds is a lot more important, so playing some sit and goes here would probably help.
  • Sorry for the long delay, but yes, I'm finally confirming! Gonna give the $50 to SirWatts tonight after our $1/2 game.

Practice sounds good, definitely need to work on either Stud or Omaha since I'm not too experienced at either. We could meet up at my place if you guys want =)
  • Ok that works for me

I'll see the rest of you on Saturday and we can talk about some practice time there
  • sounds perfect. see most of you on saturday. do we need a name?
  • Yeah it would probably be nice to have something other than "Waterloo 2" written in the article about us
  • So whats the final roster Pinhead?
  • i think the roster is as shown on the first page... i think we're still waiting for dom's roomate to confirm. anyone with any ideas for a name?
  • You are right, that is the final roster (all confirmed) - if anybody drops out between now and the event Cole is our alternate
  • cool, see you guys today at beanies, i updated the thread
  • One change to the team guys, Furfy is now unable to play and Cole will not be able to take his spot
    so Elliot (from Beanie's) will be playing as our 8th player.
    He's going to be playing Stud so Wes is back playing PLO.
  • Pinhead wrote:
    He's going to be playing Stud so Wes is back playing PLO.

Time to suck out Kyle! :D Oh wait..he's on our team.
  • hahaha Yeah in this tournament you should try to get your money in as the favourite
    Or if you're going to suck out, make sure it's against one of those Kit 1 players, like Mark
  • Sorry i can't be part of the team guys. I have a TV broadcast that day so I can't make it. Thanks for including me though. I'll be rooting for you! Good luck.
  • Pinhead wrote:
    hahaha Yeah in this tournament you should try to get your money in as the favourite

I thought it doesn't matter what you go in with, as long as you come out ahead...maybe I should learn this game called poker before next month :D
    Furfy wrote:
    Sorry i can't be part of the team guys. I have a TV broadcast that day so I can't make it. Thanks for including me though. I'll be rooting for you! Good luck.

At least we know we have one person cheering for us :wav:
  • WES
    Nice Avatar, douse the Santa cap Put on your helmet, Leafs are in deep tonite against Colorado

Go Leafs Go

Paid Advertisement
    MILTON ROCKS
  • westside8 wrote:
    Time to suck out Kyle! :D Oh wait..he's on our team.

i'm still mad about that at kellys, and yes, wes it's time you learned how to get your money in ahead.
  • Pinhead wrote:
    hahaha Yeah in this tournament you should try to get your money in as the favourite
    Or if you're going to suck out, make sure it's against one of those Kit 1 players, like Mark

it's just to bad we aren't as good at sucking out as they are... well i don't know, wes might be... i mostly speak for my self
  • about the practicing, pinhead is going to be here for the weekend of the 28th (right?) or he told me that at beanies. so i was thinking that that would be a good oportunity to get some practice in... ? any objections?
  • That still works for me - fingers crossed I'll be back in Waterloo for good by that time
    so we can have some extra practice time in early Feb
  • Do we still want to practice this weekend? I guess we can discuss it more today at westside... see you guys there.
  • Any news on when we're getting the team together?
    I think we should practice once a week using the Ryder Cup blind schedules.
    I need tourney practice with limit and stud, and my roommate hasn't played much recently so he needs some practice time too.

Dom
  • It looks like Thursday night works best for the people who I have talked to, but I know
    Xuan ran her 1/2 game a lot of Thursdays so that could be a problem.

This week Thurs is no good, but we can schedule something for next Thursday at 7 if that works for everybody else

Post or pm me if you can make it then

Brad
  • well as i said i have class till 9... supposedly.... i could always miss the second half of it though i can't pay attention past the break... yeah just let me know.
  • works for me